New Director

The Neutral

Surely the club has insurance for these eventuallities. There is always statuary sick pay.

i think it is just a risk that clubs take on players getting injured, for example when they go on international duty. plus saints agreement was not with haber but with WBA so i would imagine that they agreed to pick up a portion of his wages until the end of the season regardless.

Edited by The Neutral

Bev guesstimated it,
It was made as a statement of fact. How unusual for someone to make a figure up to suit their viewpoint when discussing Saints accounts.

Anyway, read the article and it's a master stroke of turning a positive into a negative. Most people are talking about the financial loss we're going to face, mainly overlooking the main point of the article.

There are 2 stories in there and, whilst one influences the other, there was no need to put them together in such detail for this announcement. The article should only have been about the positive move Geoff has made in appointing a guy, one of his contacts let us not overlook, who could well become our most important signing in years. An appropriate pic would have been good too.

Welcome aboard Mr Whyte. A financier with a football background sounds like a good appointment and I wish you every success.

As for spinning a million pound loss positively, Saints are actually in the position to do that, but they wont.

It was made as a statement of fact. How unusual for someone to make a figure up to suit their viewpoint when discussing Saints accounts.

Anyway, read the article and it's a master stroke of turning a positive into a negative. Most people are talking about the financial loss we're going to face, mainly overlooking the main point of the article.

There are 2 stories in there and, whilst one influences the other, there was no need to put them together in such detail for this announcement. The article should only have been about the positive move Geoff has made in appointing a guy, one of his contacts let us not overlook, who could well become our most important signing in years. An appropriate pic would have been good too.

Welcome aboard Mr Whyte. A financier with a football background sounds like a good appointment and I wish you every success.

As for spinning a million pound loss positively, Saints are actually in the position to do that, but they wont.

You're not suggesting that Bev was being a bit of a rascal are you? :laugh:

The scale of the loss will include some exceptional items which hopefully will not recur. Strip them out and then we can see the underlying truth. Whether the exceptional costs are offset by reaching a semi final raises a good question - is reaching a semi final an exceptional item? Not in the last few years its not.

As with everything else past performance is no guarantee of future results. :laugh:

You're not suggesting that Bev was being a bit of a rascal are you? :laugh:

The scale of the loss will include some exceptional items which hopefully will not recur. Strip them out and then we can see the underlying truth. Whether the exceptional costs are offset by reaching a semi final raises a good question - is reaching a semi final an exceptional item? Not in the last few years its not.

As with everything else past performance is no guarantee of future results. :laugh:

Perish the thought!

Saints are so(too!) well run financially that I'd be amazed if any of the exceptional items weren't already accounted for as they will surely be putting aside an annual amount for repairs and renewals.

I would hope Saints budgeted for a first round knock out in every cup. Anything else would be a bit fool hardy.

If the main expenditure is going to be major remedial work to the 4 year old USH and pitch renewal because of it, then we should surely be reclaiming costs from the company that sold it to us. If not, then it suggests the rumours about buying cheap are true and we've only ourselves to blame.

Creative accountancy. You can't beat it!

Edited by BlueJ

Perish the thought!

Saints are so(too!) well run financially that I'd be amazed if any of the exceptional items weren't already accounted for as they will surely be putting aside an annual amount for repairs and renewals.

I would hope Saints budgeted for a first round knock out in every cup. Anything else would be a bit fool hardy.

If the main expenditure is going to be major remedial work to the 4 year old USH and pitch renewal because of it, then we should surely be reclaiming costs from the company that sold it to us. If not, then it suggests the rumours about buying cheap are true and we've only ourselves to blame.

Creative accountancy. You can't beat it!

The budget would have been nased on a realistic number of spectators coming through the door each week, including the old firm matches. It is obviousl that given the number of midweek games and the severe weather taht these numbers will not have been achieved, so we will without doubt be under budget as far as our income is concerned.