Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I renewed my season ticket yesterday against my better judgement as I expected Saints to sign as Del put it 'some quality at the top end of the pitch'. If we end up with Carl Finnigan I'll be absolutely raging. Finnigan couldn't cut it in Division 1 - what's to say he deserves a chance at SPL level again? We've already took a punt on an uproven first division striker in Higgins - we don't need two.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday against my better judgement as I expected Saints to sign as Del put it 'some quality at the top end of the pitch'. If we end up with Carl Finnigan and Gibson I'll be absolutely raging. Finnigan couldn't cut it in Division 1 - what's to say he deserves a chance at SPL level again? I'd rather take Jacko back.

I agree wholeheartedly.

A strikeforce of Higgins, Finnigan, Parkin, May and Reynolds as it stands. Between them, they have about 20 SPL career goals.

It really doesn't inspire confidence. Season ticket deadline day for the lower price is coming up and I'm still not completely sold on the idea of getting one yet. The current squad is of a very good standard, until you get to the strikers.

I hate this expression, but Del really needs to pull the finger out. What started off as a good summer for him is in danger of turning a bit sour IMO.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday against my better judgement as I expected Saints to sign as Del put it 'some quality at the top end of the pitch'. If we end up with Carl Finnigan I'll be absolutely raging. Finnigan couldn't cut it in Division 1 - what's to say he deserves a chance at SPL level again? We've already took a punt on an uproven first division striker in Higgins - we don't need two.

Agree also, not good enough and NOT 'Top Quality' that I expected anyway...

I may be wrong, however, I suspect the likes of Finnigan would be a 'squad' player.

I suspect we are going to look for 'quality' loan signings from England like Haber last season and hope they make the grade.

It worked for Motherwell with Blackman for example, Stokes for Falkirk....so I don't see us making any brilliant signings at all....the better quality ones might come once the English sides are back in for pre-season and that's a while away yet.

i think we should move before its too late and re-sign peaso and sammy. better than all these other names.

When are people gonna understand that Peaso, Jackson and Sammy were all gut-wrenching decisions for the club and were done with a heavy heart...... But the bottom line was that these boys had gone stale, by their own admission and by the judgement of the board and management team. Although some people might think Peaso and Sammy were better quality than Finnigan, McAllister and Duffy is a pointless arguement because the key behind the move is bringing in a freshness, and players with aspirations to go beyond anything they have alreay done in football. We cant afford to go out and buy a Billy Dodds or a Paul Wright. Or pay the Wages of a Miguel Simao or Nathan Lowndes. The point, classy or not, and for whatever reason/excuse you want to make, between Peaso, Sammy and jacko just didn't cut the mustard and it was absolutely the right decision to move them on!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

who is to blame for not signing a good striker? mcinnes or brown?

I guess the manager can only work with whatever budget he is provided with...so, if it is the budget that is restricting the securing of a striker, why is Del signing another CH (McCrackin)?

I think we will have another striker, or possibly two in before the start of the season. Don't expect anything to happen until after 1st July though