Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the manager can only work with whatever budget he is provided with...so, if it is the budget that is restricting the securing of a striker, why is Del signing another CH (McCrackin)?

I think we will have another striker, or possibly two in before the start of the season. Don't expect anything to happen until after 1st July though

Said in papers Saints couldn't afford the £50k fee for Mark Stewart of Falkirk due to our big losses this season & the £130k spent on the pitch. However Del said we offered Forsyth a 3 yr deal & according to Dundee fans we offered £30k for him. The rumoured signing of Finnegan sounds like he can't afford the 'quality' strikers he was talking about. We can't have another low scoring performance like last season cos fans will quickly lose interest & stay away. If it is a problem with the budget GB should try & push the boat out a bit & allow Del to get the quality up front he requires cos if attendances fall it could cost the club more in the long term.

Said in papers Saints couldn't afford the £50k fee for Mark Stewart of Falkirk due to our big losses this season & the £130k spent on the pitch. However Del said we offered Forsyth a 3 yr deal & according to Dundee fans we offered £30k for him. The rumoured signing of Finnegan sounds like he can't afford the 'quality' strikers he was talking about. We can't have another low scoring performance like last season cos fans will quickly lose interest & stay away. If it is a problem with the budget GB should try & push the boat out a bit & allow Del to get the quality up front he requires cos if attendances fall it could cost the club more in the long term.

Where have you read we can't afford £50k for Mark Stewart. It's more likely Brown thinks that £50k compensation is not a realistic price and thinks Falkirk are asking for too much (which they are because they are skint!).

Oh and Carl Finnigan would be a massive disappointment. Even my Falkirk supporting boyfriend thinks he isn't good enough for The bairns let alone the SPL.

GB should try & push the boat out a bit & allow Del to get the quality up front he requires cos if attendances fall it could cost the club more in the long term.

Dundee, Motherwell, Gretna...bankrupt soon...bottom of second division...Ian Gibson baby sitting...Berwick away...Geoff saved the club 25 years ago...don't know how lucky you are...not made of money...reckless spending...ideas above your station...

desperatly need a new left midfielder... team should be:

enckelman

mackay

ando

wright

davidson

millar

morris

muzz

new player/davie robertson (can he play there?)

haber (if he signs)

new striker.

Where's Craig, Higgins and Parkin?

Do you think there going to be back up?!

Very unlikely

Edited by pavel

Dundee, Motherwell, Gretna...bankrupt soon...bottom of second division...Ian Gibson baby sitting...Berwick away...Geoff saved the club 25 years ago...don't know how lucky you are...not made of money...reckless spending...ideas above your station...

Not sure where people think we are getting all the money for these star strikers when was the last time we made a profit as a club we need to get real its OK dreaming about a 25goal a season striker we just can't afford it .geoff and del are working to a budget we need to stay within our means

Carl '****ing' Finnigann probably, if thats the case, I know we dont have a great budget, but he couldn't score in the 1st, if he is signing, I will be even more pissed than I am about McCracken signing.

Nothing like giving players a chance eh?? what chance does the team have when we havent we played a friendly and your moaning and slagging the players off

geeeeess, we we slag old firm fans

McInnes was on STV saying we had all but given up, so 100% it's not him, don't particularly want either tbh.

Who do you want us to sign, Rooney, kenny Miller, Kris Boyd.

Come on be realistis. Finnigan had a 1 in 4 ratio at Falkirk not bad and better than most of our strikers last season..

Come on be realistis. Finnigan had a 1 in 4 ratio at Falkirk not bad and better than most of our strikers last season..

Hardly, but I'd be expecting better players than Finnigan being on our shortlist.

Id much rather the wages were spent on a loan signing or another position than a pointless, useless signing like Finnigan will be.

Not sure where people think we are getting all the money for these star strikers when was the last time we made a profit as a club we need to get real its OK dreaming about a 25goal a season striker we just can't afford it .geoff and del are working to a budget we need to stay within our means

ok we cant get star strikers but theres no point in signing shite like carl finnigan just for the sake of it. we would have been better keeping jacko instead of this guy :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

We could always take it from our bank account ie from the war chest we've built up over the years after numerous years of profiting making thanks to our excellent non football activities and good financial management. I'm never sure were get the idea from that we're broke and can't afford to occasionally buy players when needed.

Come on Mainstand. You're not telling me before Finnigan was mentioned that if asked he would have been a striker from the lower leagues that you thought could step up? He's been rubbish for Falkirk - their own fans think he's poor. I'm from Falkirk and have many Falkirk supporting mates and he's not good enough for Saints in the SPL.

When we released our entire squad of attackers we were entitled to expect the manager would try and replace them with better players. If a manager not strengthening his team he's not doing his job. He's probably been asked to reduce the wage bill - that's absolutely fine. However, for the 6 strikers he released I'd rather 1 decent one than three Carl Finnegans!

If we have to use May and Reynolds this season as backup for Parkin and ONE good, solid, striker who cost a little extra I'd be happy enough with that. I just don't want a squad full of shite first division players who will only serve to hinder the progress of our youngsters whilst not improving the team whatsoever.