Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched some clips of the Linfield legend,Alan Mannus,and i must say he looks impressive in them.Looked to have a great record at penalty saves and one on ones,some decent handling as well,so would appear to be decent.

Kiss of death from me!He's apparently had a real howler tonight, in a top of the table clash with Derry City.Braw!

Seen someone say McGovern was good. Rubbish I was at Gretna the guy is a bomb scare would rather have Stephen Hawkins in goal

You can judge someone on one game? Young, inexperienced keeper, most important game of the season. The only thing that was bad that day was the managers decision to play him. Total nonsense.He didn't even know the players.

You can judge someone on one game? Young, inexperienced keeper, most important game of the season. The only thing that was bad that day was the managers decision to play him. Total nonsense.He didn't even know the players.

I completely agree with your post,However,I think Fernie was playing

for comedic effect on this one!

McInnes admits Brentford came in at the last minute to steal McGinn. Plan B for a winger then.

Strange one that. Celtic extend his contract by a year & then loan him out for a season.

How could we have afforded his wages anyway. Nevertheless would like to have seen him here

aaah i thought the reason he continually came for crosses and missed, dropped everything that came his way and his kicks kept going out of play were because he was pish?

but if he didnt know his defence then that must be why...:?

aaah i thought the reason he continually came for crosses and missed, dropped everything that came his way and his kicks kept going out of play were because he was pish?

Have you ever seen good players take time to settle at a new club? No of course you haven't because all players immediately play to their 100% potential when they join a club. You can therefore judge all players on one performance. If players do not cut it in their first game for Saints they are subsequently always going to be absolutely shite. Also, all players who play amazingly well on their first game will turn out to be club legends.

Your simplification of Football is, to be blunt, bollocks.

Where's Radford when you need him? What is the current squad (including loan deals) and length of contracts?

Keep it all updated on Pie & Bovril, which I know isn't everyone's cup of... err... Bovril. So here's the squad:

ST JOHNSTONE FC - FIRST TEAM SQUAD 2011/12

Goalkeepers

1. Peter Enckelman (34) - May 2012

Zander Clark (19) - Dec 2011 (On loan to Elgin City - Dec 2011)

Defenders

6. Steven Anderson (25) - May 2012

24. Graham Gartland (28) - May 2012

2. Dave Mackay (30) - May 2013

12. Alan Maybury (32) - May 2012

Mark Durnan (18) - May 2012

3. Callum Davidson (35) - May 2012

5. Frazer Wright (31) - May 2013

18. David McCracken (29) - May 2013

Midfielders

14. Kevin Moon (24) - Dec 2011

10. Liam Craig (24) - May 2013

4. Jody Morris (32) - May 2012

7. Chris Millar (28) - May 2012

26. Liam Caddis (17) - May 2012

8. Murray Davidson (23) - May 2013

20. Jamie Adams (23) - May 2012

16. David Robertson (24) - May 2013

Forwards

9. Sam Parkin (30) - May 2012

28. Stephen Reynolds (19) - May 2012 (On loan to Raith Rovers - Dec 2011)

27. Stevie May (18) - May 2012

17. Sean Higgins (26) - May 2013

19. Carl Finnigan (24) - May 2012

(Ages at start of 2011/12 season)

Players In

David Robertson (Dundee United)

Sean Higgins (Dundee)

Callum Davidson (Preston North End)

Frazer Wright (Kilmarnock)

David McCracken (Brentford)

Carl Finnigan (Falkirk)

Players Out

Danny Grainger (Heart of Midlothian)

Michael Duberry (Oxford United)

Graeme Smith (Released - St Mirren)

Kevin Rutkiewicz (Released - Dunfermline Athletic)

Cleveland Taylor (Released - Burton Albion)

Danny Invincibile (Released- Ermis Aradippou)

Peter MacDonald (Released - Morton)

Andy Jackson (Released - Morton)

Collin Samuel (Released)

Scott Dobie (Released)

Jordan Robertson (Released - Scunthorpe United)

Neil Duffy (Released - Peterhead)

Ryan Sullivan (Released)

Johnny Lindsay (Released - Partick Thistle)

Jack Clisby (Released)

Got to agree with Broon on this one. Seem to remember when Allan McGregor was on loan at Saints he missed and dropped crosses in his first few games but look at him now! If you think outside of Saints then Henrik Larsson had a horror debut for Celtic. He turned out to be not too bad.....

Great news! Hope he is signed up ASAP.

He looked very sharp in the first half yesterday. He was played out wide and ran at the full back. They were having to double up and even then were struggling. I know he is not a natural wide man but I would rather have him than someone that we dont know.

In fact on the two games I have seen he should have been signed before our other two new forwards, those that have signed. They did not impress me that much although I know it is early yet and not fair to make snap judgements.

Big big mistake if we dont sign Marcus.