Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse the profanity but who gives a **** what the budget is. Sir Geoff entrusts Del to source and find the best players that fit within our ambitions, character and wage structure.

I for one are very happy with our signings this season. With the addition of a couple more we can press for top 6. Haber, Subotic and a few others touted. I think he may well sign these two and a GK but is still sourcing a winger. Maybe a loan deal from Man City/Utd or Chelsea would be good. L O L.

I trust Del.

Why are you not asking Ginger Baker to back up what he has said? Eh?

Unlike GB I am not going to post on an internet forum what I have been told our budget is for next season because anyone could be reading this forum. If GB was sensible he would have done this too, even if what he has been told differs to what I have been.

I didnt say what our budget is .just posted that i heard it was down. There is nothing wrong with it being down ,saints is a business and in anticipating a lower turnover have to reduce costs. I am sure GB and the Directors will do everything they can to back Del with as much as we can afford. On whatever budget he has Del is putting together a pretty impressive looking squad.

Not current saints related but following on from his appearance for Livi it seems Colin Samuel has still not adjusted his attitude - http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20312

Some of those comments seem to reflect the feelings of many on here.

Yup. On the second podcast Sam parkin was asked who the laziest was in training and surprise, surprise.....

It is quite interesting actually that last season we started with 22 first team players. Enks,Mackay,Grainger,Morris,Rusty,Doobs,Millar,Hardie,Parkin,Craig,Taylor,Anderson,Moon,Smith,MacDonald,Gartland,Dobie,Davidson,Samuel,Milne,Jackson and Haber.

So far this year we have 18 first team players listed on the official site including Maybury.May and Caddis are still listed as under 19's.

Assuming we are going to sign a back up keeper and at least one more striker that will take us to a minimum of 20. If we sign 2 outfield players we are only 1 down on last year . Even if the budget has been cut and that is only a rumour Del has done well in the market with a fairly impressive looking 18 so far and a couple of good signings still to come. Subotic looked good on Monday I hope we can sign him.

Season ticket arrived this morning,looking forward to the start of the new season.

You missed out Maybury,so we started with 23.I would also omit Gartland

from your calculation as he is in the departure lounge.With Maybury poised

to sign that gives us 17 with room for about four more taking us to 21

two less than last season.

Maybury didnt sign until after the Hearts game,but you are right that made it 23.

Hopefully we will get some good feed back on the trialist after tonights game.

Garts is a strange one,he has skill and agression but made some horendous mistakes but that could be down to never getting a decent run in the team.If he is moved on then that opens up another place.