Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From that list there are definitely three more signings financially viable with the savings made, and overall looks as if there's better quality. Unless they're cuting nack. One major difference for Saints would be to change our very poor starts to seasons because we know they can handle mid seasons no problem.

Midfielders

14. Kevin Moon (24) - Dec 2011

10. Liam Craig (24) - May 2013

4. Jody Morris (32) - May 2012

7. Chris Millar (28) - May 2012

26. Liam Caddis (17) - May 2012

8. Murray Davidson (23) - May 2013

20. Jamie Adams (23) - May 2012

16. David Robertson (24) - May 2013

Geez who do you start from that lot !!! Good quality players for our level IMHO

Midfielders

14. Kevin Moon (24) - Dec 2011

10. Liam Craig (24) - May 2013

4. Jody Morris (32) - May 2012

7. Chris Millar (28) - May 2012

26. Liam Caddis (17) - May 2012

8. Murray Davidson (23) - May 2013

20. Jamie Adams (23) - May 2012

16. David Robertson (24) - May 2013

Geez who do you start from that lot !!! Good quality players for our level IMHO

Strange to think of Wee Chris as one of the elder statesmen in the midfield

The great thing about that group is the versatility for different approaches to different games. I think Jody will get used more sparingly this season, and probably in games when we basically have 5 in midfield. Great to have the added height and tackling option with Adams and Muzz. Moon, Craig and Robertson will all hopefully bring a goal scoring threat and Millar has the workrate and covering back side to his game (and with a bit of confidence, goals too maybe)

Unfortunately for Caddis, and not because I don't rate him, it is going to be tough for him to get a lot of game time in amongst that lot, although will always be an option on the bench

Strange to think of Wee Chris as one of the elder statesmen in the midfield

The great thing about that group is the versatility for different approaches to different games. I think Jody will get used more sparingly this season, and probably in games when we basically have 5 in midfield. Great to have the added height and tackling option with Adams and Muzz. Moon, Craig and Robertson will all hopefully bring a goal scoring threat and Millar has the workrate and covering back side to his game (and with a bit of confidence, goals too maybe)

Unfortunately for Caddis, and not because I don't rate him, it is going to be tough for him to get a lot of game time in amongst that lot, although will always be an option on the bench

Agree Ed, I'd like to see Chris Millar And Jamie Adams get offered contract extensions, especially as we're likely to lose Murray next summer if not sooner. Perhaps once the striker situation is resolved there may be a bit of this type of thing later in the year.

unfortunately for Caddis, and not because I don't rate him, it is going to be tough for him to get a lot of game time in amongst that lot, although will always be an option on the bench

With eight midfielders signed up, maybe an option to have Caddis on a short term loan period so he continues to gain experience.

Same must be said for Moon, in my opinion.

Not with you on that one Herdo. I think Moon will soon be the prefrered option over Morris in many games. What Mooner can do, and what we lacked last season, is go past the other teams midfield, creating a situation where our forwards can concentrate on losing their markers for a through ball on the ground to run onto (which Haber will love), as opposed to having to come and collect it with their back to goal or chase a long, high ball.

Mooner has also shown pre-season that he can score (an ability that is missing from Millar's game last few seasons)

If Jody is fit, he starts. I don't doubt that for a second.

Regardless of my thoughts on what Jody actually brings to the team these days (compared to what others could perhaps offer), you may be right. His experience and ability to read a game cannot be doubted.

However, it may be the 'fit' bit that is the major contributing factor to the number of appearances he makes.