Many apologies to the wee Hearts ballboy

StephanieBarr

From all decent celtic fans worldwide

A BRAVE ball boy has vowed to defy the thugs who pelted him with coins and landed him in hospital.

Hearts fan Jack Waddell, 14, was targeted by rival fans during his team's clash with Celtic on May 11.

He suffered concussion after yobs hurled 2p coins at him - just after Celtic manager Neil Lennon was assaulted by a Hearts fan.

But Jack said: "I love helping Hearts and this won't stop me."

Jack, of Loanhead, Midlothian, was covering the away end of the SPL match at Tynecastle as he was one of the Edinburgh club's most experienced ball boys.

He added: "After the Celtic manager was attacked, the crowd went mental. They were shouting and jeering.

"I was hit in the head. I looked down and saw a 2p lying next to me. Then another coin was lobbed and I was hit in the head again."

Jack's mum Linda, 39, drove him to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary after he fell ill the next day.

Tests showed he had sustained a brain injury but he has now fully recovered.

A Hearts spokesman said last night: "A thorough investigation into events on that night is ongoing."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/05/23/hearts-ball-boy-pelted-by-coins-from-celtic-fans-says-i-won-t-let-thugs-stop-me-86908-23150864/

From all decent celtic fans worldwide

A BRAVE ball boy has vowed to defy the thugs who pelted him with coins and landed him in hospital.

Hearts fan Jack Waddell, 14, was targeted by rival fans during his team's clash with Celtic on May 11.

He suffered concussion after yobs hurled 2p coins at him - just after Celtic manager Neil Lennon was assaulted by a Hearts fan.

But Jack said: "I love helping Hearts and this won't stop me."

Jack, of Loanhead, Midlothian, was covering the away end of the SPL match at Tynecastle as he was one of the Edinburgh club's most experienced ball boys.

He added: "After the Celtic manager was attacked, the crowd went mental. They were shouting and jeering.

"I was hit in the head. I looked down and saw a 2p lying next to me. Then another coin was lobbed and I was hit in the head again."

Jack's mum Linda, 39, drove him to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary after he fell ill the next day.

Tests showed he had sustained a brain injury but he has now fully recovered.

A Hearts spokesman said last night: "A thorough investigation into events on that night is ongoing."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/05/23/hearts-ball-boy-pelted-by-coins-from-celtic-fans-says-i-won-t-let-thugs-stop-me-86908-23150864/

From your opening line there, I was kinda expecting to see an apology :neutral:

It was no doubt coins thrown from outside the ground by Rangers fans :wink:

I'll bet the young hearts fan really appreciates the effort you've gone to in apologising for all celtic fans, especially seeing as how you've managed to do so on a saints fans website!!

Almost but not quite as bad as the cynical celtic fan who refuses to fully believe that it happened and thinks it might be a media ploy to deflect the attention from the hearts fan who ran on and attacked Lennon :shock:

Get a life or at least a membership to a Celtic fans forum, where you can get all wound up about all the perceived injustices that have befallen your beloved heroes this season and for the previous 122 years of Celtic's existence :roll:

are they away yet ??

Edstar, let me ken mate

Unfortunately not mate.

I am going to stop making comments about them as I understand the mods frustrations that many threads are just ending up as slagging matches.

However, it should be clear what the problem is and I would fully expect those who have the power to deal with it. This is a Saints forum and every thread should not have to end up being about the OF.

Having to deal with 'their' attitude is a horrible enough thing in real life....to come on here and be faced with it is unacceptable. They have no place here.

Unfortunately not mate.

I am going to stop making comments about them as I understand the mods frustrations that many threads are just ending up as slagging matches.

However, it should be clear what the problem is and I would fully expect those who have the power to deal with it. This is a Saints forum and every thread should not have to end up being about the OF.

Having to deal with 'their' attitude is a horrible enough thing in real life....to come on here and be faced with it is unacceptable. They have no place here.

Nae bother. Blocking them seems the best way to go about it.

Mon the saints

IF Tranmere? When.

May as well lock it now and save everyone the hassle.

are they away yet ??

Edstar, let me ken mate

Unfortunately not mate.

Nae bother. Blocking them seems the best way to go about it.

Mon the saints

The above thread was about the poor unfortunate ballboy who was struck by a coin by some daftie in the crowd. Would you like to contribute to the thread or endeavour to get another thread closed down with your narrow minded bickering?

Fitba Chat

For all non-Saints related football talk.

The above thread was about the poor unfortunate ballboy who was struck by a coin by some daftie in the crowd. Would you like to contribute to the thread or endeavour to get another thread closed down with your narrow minded bickering?

Fitba Chat

For all non-Saints related football talk.

You are to be commended for apologising to the ball-boy.

However, given some of your previous posts - including a picture of rosary beads, and blind defence of bigotry - are you really surprised if some on here are sceptical of your motives when you post anything?:roll:

Thank you for also telling us what this section of the forum is for. Can you now please explain how some Celtic hooligans endangering the health and safety of a 14-year-old boy has anything to do with fitba? Because in my eyes it doesn't - fitba is what happens on the park. This kind of stuff is what happens when various authorities fail to stand up to the disease that is the Old Firm. The sooner that someone in authority has the balls to deal with this in the correct manner - ie. jail the scum - the better.

Also, please feel free to post something about "fitba" sometime. It says everything that Celtic fans seem to have forgotten that Neil Lennon has failed terribly this season, preferring to rally behind him because he is "Celtic-minded", whatever the bloody hell that means. The man has failed your club terribly:?

You are to be commended for apologising to the ball-boy.

However, given some of your previous posts - including a picture of rosary beads, and blind defence of bigotry - are you really surprised if some on here are sceptical of your motives when you post anything?:roll:

Thank you for also telling us what this section of the forum is for. Can you now please explain how some Celtic hooligans endangering the health and safety of a 14-year-old boy has anything to do with fitba? Because in my eyes it doesn't - fitba is what happens on the park. This kind of stuff is what happens when various authorities fail to stand up to the disease that is the Old Firm. The sooner that someone in authority has the balls to deal with this in the correct manner - ie. jail the scum - the better.

Also, please feel free to post something about "fitba" sometime. It says everything that Celtic fans seem to have forgotten that Neil Lennon has failed terribly this season, preferring to rally behind him because he is "Celtic-minded", whatever the bloody hell that means. The man has failed your club terribly:?

Can you cut and paste for me anything ive said that would be in defence of bigotry.

I'am against bigotry and before bill and ben got the other thread shut down I also said I'am against separate schools.

Can you cut and paste for me anything ive said that would be in defence of bigotry.

I'am against bigotry and before bill and ben got the other thread shut down I also said I'am against separate schools.

You refer to Celtic as "We are the Pope's XI" and claim you are against bigotry?

You post pictures of Rosary beads and claim you are against bigotry?

To me these actions are inflammatory and designed to antagonise the good people of this forum, the vast majority of whom don't care about religion. To be fair, having re-read my post, it should read "your blind support of bigotry" rather than "defence". Just thought that a Celtic fan might have a problem understanding what is meant by the word "support".

As I pointed out in my previous post, this is a fitba forum. Now have you got anything football related to discuss? Like how poor a manager Celtic currently have?:laugh:

Edited by newyear'sday97

Unfortunately not mate.

as I understand the mods frustrations that many threads are just ending up as slagging matches.

Most of the threads on Celtic have been started by so-called Saints fans, so thats maybe how there's debate on Celtic - Rangers, doh

Theres a problem with name calling, by Saints fans again

any attitude problems stems from Saints fans on the threads

Any bigotry or jokes about Celtic's manager being threatened with his life comes from Saints fans

So I can clearly say I know where the problem lies, and I can see how these threads get closed = Saints fans

Apologys to the mods, but I had to point out these facts.

And "I am going to stop making comments about them " but the very thing you do in your post is that there is certain people keeping things going on here and I'am not one of them, I even comment on things in other forums and it gets turned into a lets have a go at Eric thread as most do.

Edited by Eric Openshaw

You refer to Celtic as "We are the Pope's XI" and claim you are against bigotry?

To me these actions are inflammatory and designed to antagonise the good people of this forum, the vast majority of whom don't care about religion. To be fair, having re-read my post, it should read "your blind support of bigotry" rather than "defence". Just thought that a Celtic fan might have a problem understanding what is meant by the word "support".

As I pointed out in my previous post, this is a fitba forum. Now have you got anything football related to discuss? Like how poor a manager Celtic currently have?:laugh:

What is the Pope or Rosary beads got to do with bigotry, they're attached to a faith? it is clear that some on here are uneducated, yet its all the Catholic schools fault for the problems in this country, oh the irony

You are aware of how and why celtic fc were formed ? yes?

You do know that because of this then they are affectionately known as " The popes XI? yes?

You do realise that being pro something is not bigoted? yes?

Rosaries are now a symbol of bigotry?

To me these actions are inflammatory and designed to antagonise the good people of this forum, the vast majority of whom don't care about religion.

If these actions are inflammatory then it says more about the " good people" than the writer

To be fair, having re-read my post, it should read "your blind support of bigotry" rather than "defence". Just thought that a Celtic fan might have a problem understanding what is meant by the word "support".

I have not and will not support bigotry of any kind. Are you just making things up now like Bill & Ben?

If Mr McInnes had got your team into a LCF and lost in extra time, lost the league by a solitary point and won the Scottish cup, would he be classed as a poor manager or a hero?

As previously stated the initial post was about the unfortunate ball boy and not about any side issues.

Threads get closed due to Bill &Ben and the likes taking them off track rather than either discuss or debate then in an adult fashion or ignore them.

The truth is out there.

Edited by StephanieBarr

If Mr McInnes had got your team into a LCF and lost in extra time, lost the league by a solitary point and won the Scottish cup, would he be classed as a poor manager or a hero?

He would be a hero. But we are St Johnstone, never reached a scottish cup final, never won the league, roughly 10% of your weekly attendance.

If we had 60,000 through the gate each week, I'm sure we would expect more than a Scottish Cup. Especially if our nearest rivals had only bought 1 player in about 4 years.