#01 - 23/07/11 - Aberdeen 0-0 Saints - SPL

O'Rourke

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-0 great point away from home well done Saints

In feel the same, a draw at Pittodrie is always a decent point, I'm still bemused by the whole Aberdeen love-in. Apparently they played really well and we played really poorly. If thats the case and thats Aberdeens best, then we will finish ahad of them comforably.

Also, whats with the whol Fyvie was amazing, I thought he loked no more than average. :?

All I will say is that if Morris plays like that very week, he doiesnt deserve to play in the starting line up.

Well thats it over, really can't grumble at taking a point after that performance. Pretty dissapointing but suppose we really need to be patient for a bit till players get more used to each other. There was a real lack of quality in getting the ball to the forwards and the Haber change made very little difference. I would have expected the midfield 5 we started with to have dominated but that really wasn't the case. Think we should also be grateful that we still have Muzz in one peice after that ridiculous tackle.

Anyway bring on the ****...things can only get better!!!!! :)

Happy enough with the point, away from home against a bigger club and with a poor performance.

Can't quite put my finger on what happened to the free-scoring side of two seasons ago, when did they switch to this team who can't score in a month of Sundays? Are we stilling missing Kenny Deuchar?

We just don't seem able to create any chances. I would blame the midfield but in Morris, Craig, Davidson and Millar we still have the same midfield that did so well when we first came up.

Hopefully we can 'gel' a bit more in time for next week.

Only saw the 2nd half on t'internet, but it just looked disjointed. Morris wasn't the only one who couldn't seem to get the ball down and play decent passes, but like playing on a rubbish pitch last year, it is hard to play in a wind like that. Couple of Aberdeen's new players looked OK, and Fyvie looked back to his old self.

Better link up play will see us playing much better overall. For all we created very few shooting chances, neither did Aberdeen. Morris, Millar and Davidson looked off the pace a little.

Back 4 looked solid, and when we lost Doobs, i thought that would be our biggest concern this year. Still think Wright has been a great signing for us, and will concede that Ando played well today.

A valuable point, bound to be disappointing after all the anticipation, but can't compain about a point at Pitodrie.