what are people from perth called?..

McEwan1884

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was growing up in Perth in the 60's and 70's I loved Perth because in every district area there were a really well balanced people who were smart, had character, embroiled themselves in all aspects of the town/city and the phenomina that is Perthshire. My Granddad took me long walks all over the town at the age of four from his home in the Old High Street to Craigie, over the river and to the islands, up to Muirton by the Lade, all over Letham where I lived, and of course I continued with my friends after that. I knew all the nooks and crannies of all the streets and vennels including smells like baking, whisky, etc. and the more abundant countryside which was around inside and outside Perth. In the 70's Perth had a great social scene with always five late dancing venues with buses that came from other towns filling up a major pub scene and night life. Everyone with the exception of a couple in my class were Saints fans. It's that Perth that stays in my mind when I'm here or elsewhere and still love that memory.

So I can't be negative about my town but I can understand some that get frustrated, there are things which have changed its personality, one being the Wegiefucation of far too many people to the point of shallowness and ultimately the re-enactment of the troubles in Northern Ireland in our pubs, less countryside within Perth (most burns and green places are now covered) and less respect for the greatness of Perthshire.

So I'll call myself a Pict from Perth - a Perthite.

Edited by Ronaldo
spelling