riots in tottenham

slf

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bally lower orders should know their place, what what? Who gives a monkeys if the po-po, who never look after them in their hour of need, got a bit itchy on the trigger and popped some chappy, eh? They should be bally grateful we don't exterminate those poors for the vermin they are.

Seriously though, it's more complex than "pure evil pricks causing trouble". You've got colossal amounts of resentment and social disenfranchisement from some people, opportunistic looting from other people, and some folk who just want to cause trouble for the Hell of it. There's no single individual called Riot, it's a thousand different people with a thousand different motives, some of them genuine and good (in my opinion), and recommending we send the trigger-happy cannon fodder in to gun them down is pretty reprehensible.

As for the police "having their hands tied" and "soft touch Britain" - by the way, you read the Daily Mail, I am psychic like that - well, they just shot a bloke in cold blood, and that's where the trouble started. How much more hardcore would you like them to be?

IF you are presuming to know that the police shot a bloke "in cold blood " I will presume that the report that he shot first and was in the process of being areested for gun crimes again is true then I think you will realise you are talking pish.

What started as a peacefull protest by his family because they did not want to believe he was armed has now spiralled out of control into pure badness.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJYM3krDWQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJYM3krDWQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:laugh:

one of my favourite clash tunes is londons burning.

Bally lower orders should know their place, what what? Who gives a monkeys if the po-po, who never look after them in their hour of need, got a bit itchy on the trigger and popped some chappy, eh? They should be bally grateful we don't exterminate those poors for the vermin they are.

Seriously though, it's more complex than "pure evil pricks causing trouble". You've got colossal amounts of resentment and social disenfranchisement from some people, opportunistic looting from other people, and some folk who just want to cause trouble for the Hell of it. There's no single individual called Riot, it's a thousand different people with a thousand different motives, some of them genuine and good (in my opinion), and recommending we send the trigger-happy cannon fodder in to gun them down is pretty reprehensible.

As for the police "having their hands tied" and "soft touch Britain" - by the way, you read the Daily Mail, I am psychic like that - well, they just shot a bloke in cold blood, and that's where the trouble started. How much more hardcore would you like them to be?

One cop in hospital with a bullet wound, another avoided serious injury after he was shot in his radio. Thereafter a male was shot dead. Your comprehension of cold blooded is some what jaded.

Have your own view on local jakies but these people in London are animals and should be treated as such.

IF you are presuming to know that the police shot a bloke "in cold blood " I will presume that the report that he shot first and was in the process of being areested for gun crimes again is true then I think you will realise you are talking pish.

Ah yes, he somehow managed to shoot them with one of their own guns.

"The Guardian understands that initial ballistics tests on a bullet, found lodged in a police radio worn by an officer during Thursday's incident, suggested it was police issue – and therefore had not been fired by Duggan."

And it's no like the London polis have a history of killing people for no apparent reason, is it?

What started as a peacefull protest by his family because they did not want to believe he was armed has now spiralled out of control into pure badness.

"Pure badness", really? Jingso, here was me thinking it spiralled because the Police decided to hammer a 16 year old, but here it turns out we've got Saturday morning cartoon villains on the loose, doing things out of nothing but sheer, black and white malice. We'll just ignore the grinding poverty of the area, the history of racially motivated policing and the recent slashing of pretty much everything Dem Pesky Poors might use to make their lives less miserable and instead we'll demonise the lot of them, and give up a Big Hurray for our boys in black. Bring back the riot act, I say! Sedition should equal death!

One cop in hospital with a bullet wound, another avoided serious injury after he was shot in his radio. Thereafter a male was shot dead. Your comprehension of cold blooded is some what jaded.

Have your own view on local jakies but these people in London are animals and should be treated as such.

Ahahahahahaha. You terrify me. Why are you so keen to dehumanise others and have them exterminated, old greg?

Edited by Saint Pomarium of Flats

A couple of points I'd like to pick up............

1) Sending "trigger-happy cannon fodder in to gun them down is pretty reprehensible". Our police have no enforcement capabilities in these situations and NOTHING was mentioned about gunning them down (by me, as I was quoted in your reply)

2) Would you still have the "good on 'em" attitude if this was happening up here and you/your family lost a business/homes/cars/lives just because of rent-a-mob??

3) Wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Mail.

4) You know unreservedly that he was shot in cold blood? That's more Daily Mail than me!!!

If by chance you're fishing, well done, but this shit boils my piss. You're condoning all this random violence & criminal damage which has nothing to do with that guys shooting now and his family has said as much!

Edited by Over the Road

1) Sending "trigger-happy cannon fodder in to gun them down is pretty reprehensible". Our police have no enforcement capabilities in these situations and NOTHING was mentioned about gunning them down!

Well, what else are the army to do? Their job is to wade in and kill things. Police actions are not for them. Sending the army in to quell domestic unrest sets a hideous precedent, and would undoubtedly end in further bloodshed.

2) Would you still have the "good on 'em" attitude if this was happening up here and you/your family lost a business/homes/cars/lives just because of rent-a-mob??

Wowza, what a thoroughly ridiculous thing to say.

a) I don't have a "good on 'em" attitude. I'm just advocating maybe putting a little thought into the hows and whys, rather than going all red and spittly and condemning them as bastards and scum who should be dispelled with great force. It's a complex social situation that leads to this, not some cartoonish "pure evil" types setting out as one, cohesive group, to cause trouble while twiddling their curly moustaches and limbering up their looting bags.

B) Perth isn't a dirt-poor, neglected area where the police only stop by to arrest ******s and poors. If it "happened up here" it wouldn't be for the same reasons.

c) If it DID, I'd be shiting it at the time, and probably quite furious initially. But then, once the initial "oh balls" factor wore off, I'd probably think about the reasons why it happened. Kneejerk "GRR THEY ARE ALL BAD AND ALL AGAINST ME PURE EVIL GET THE ARMY TO THEM" reactions are only really acceptable when you're on the spot. With time, or remove, they're childish and futile.

3) Wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Mail.

Pah. Mystic Meg I ain't.

4) You know unreservedly that he was shot in cold blood? That's more Daily Mail than me!!!

It's the MET. They have a history of killing people and lying about it. They have killed this dude, and already started lying about it. Pardon me if I go by my old family motto of "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me repeatedly while shooting people, shame on me".

If by chance you're fishing, well done, but this shit boils my piss. You're condoning all this random violence & criminal damage which has nothing to do with that guys shooting now and his family has said as much!

Condolences on your sizzling urine, you should see a doctor.

As for the dude's family, did they go and interview the rioters? Are they in a detached enough position to be objective about it? No. Just because they're bereaved doesn't mean they know shit.

You're right, what is happening in London is total justification for all the hurt and pain the Police and civilized society have put the ethnic minority groups of Britain through. Lets do away with authority all together, lets have the tormented victims run the country in their 'unique' style.

It's not a justification, but it IS understandable. A lot of these people get NOTHING from society except mistreatment and abuse, and to just go writing off the long-term bubbling resentment and anger at society as "HA THOSE EVIL SCUM LET'S MACHINE GUN 'EM" is simplistic thinking, obviously doesn't work and is, quite frankly, worrying.

You sir/madam are a grade A moron. Please return to wherever it was you came from where clearly it is acceptable to throw bricks, petrol bombs and whetever else is at hand at authority figures and businesses and property belonging to people who live in your own community.

Ah yes, I don't automatically lick the boots of "authority figures", believe that junkies might be people and don't want the disadvantaged destroyed. Obviously I should "go back where I came from", I'm obviously one of those Brown People from Foreign Lands.

On football forums we usually talk of the OF being a national disgrace. Their disgrace is but a shadow compared to this level of disregard for civil culture.

"Civil Culture"? Hahaha. Pray, sir, where in Emily Post's book of etiquette does it lay out the guidelines for how to genteely beat up a 16 year old? And what IS the correct pen to use when fabricating a report on how an officer got shot? Should I lay a doily under my police-bullet-penetrated radio, or over it?

Incidentally, I still await, with baited breath, your personal tales of Bad Junkies What Scam The System. You seemed to back down like a man who was talking shite, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, greggy-poo.

Just cos they got drawn against Hearts.

VLAD is seemingly a mafia type guy from what we're told and they remember Edinburgh from Trainspottin and now there's panic in the streets .

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJPfwJMAok8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJPfwJMAok8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Appalling!

Ah yes, he somehow managed to shoot them with one of their own guns.

"The Guardian understands that initial ballistics tests on a bullet, found lodged in a police radio worn by an officer during Thursday's incident, suggested it was police issue – and therefore had not been fired by Duggan."

And it's no like the London polis have a history of killing people for no apparent reason, is it?

"Pure badness", really? Jingso, here was me thinking it spiralled because the Police decided to hammer a 16 year old, but here it turns out we've got Saturday morning cartoon villains on the loose, doing things out of nothing but sheer, black and white malice. We'll just ignore the grinding poverty of the area, the history of racially motivated policing and the recent slashing of pretty much everything Dem Pesky Poors might use to make their lives less miserable and instead we'll demonise the lot of them, and give up a Big Hurray for our boys in black. Bring back the riot act, I say! Sedition should equal death!

Ahahahahahaha. You terrify me. Why are you so keen to dehumanise others and have them exterminated, old greg?

These people dehumanise themselves, people make decisions and thereafter they live a certain way as a result. These people are unhinged because of mistakes they have made. Self inflicted torment and now it is those that made better decisions in life that will have to pay the price. An allegation of cold blooded killing, and allegation is a strong word, maybe more rumour, is being used as an excuse to act like barbaric teenage morons who think that rising against society will give them some meaning.

Whatever happens, whatever the result of all this, the instigators will end up worse off and further down the slippery slope of self induced deprevation.

No doubt we will use working peoples taxes to rehabilitate the affected areas and give all these 'people' a shoulder to cry on. Boo ****ing hoo!

Ah yes, I don't automatically lick the boots of "authority figures", believe that junkies might be people and don't want the disadvantaged destroyed. Obviously I should "go back where I came from", I'm obviously one of those Brown People from Foreign Lands.

At what point did I mention skin colour, please do not imply that I am rascist. That I certainly am not. I freely admit to loathing those responsible in London and elsewhere, no matter what colourtheir skin is. Cheers

At the moment we are looking in from the outside and its easy to think that would only happen in a London or Birmingham but after what happened in Vancouver after the stanley cup final it can happen anywhere.

The one big difference I can see is that after the riot in Vancouver people volunteered to clean up the city the next day where as in London they will expect the rest of the UK to pay to restore things.

As one posted on the football stadium forum put it "Why are they burning down Lidl, Sports Soccer and Greggs?

Have they not heard the exp​ression bite the hand that feeds!!":laugh: but then many of them only have 3 brain cells.

As one posted on the football stadium forum put it "Why are they burning down Lidl, Sports Soccer and Greggs?

Have they not heard the exp​ression bite the hand that feeds!!":laugh: but then many of them only have 3 brain cells.

Because that's where they get their clothes and food. It's not political rioting that's going on, it's looting and playtime.

These people dehumanise themselves, people make decisions and thereafter they live a certain way as a result. These people are unhinged because of mistakes they have made. Self inflicted torment and now it is those that made better decisions in life that will have to pay the price.

Ah yes, decisions like "I choose to be born to poor parents in a shitehouse area of London" or "I choose to be born black and be hassled by the police all the time". Why can't they be clever, like i'm old greg, and decide to be born middle-class in Perth? Or that nice Mr. Cameron, who was so very clever to be born absolutely minted.

An allegation of cold blooded killing, and allegation is a strong word, maybe more rumour, is being used as an excuse to act like barbaric teenage morons who think that rising against society will give them some meaning.

YES! Every single one of them is out there rioting because they want to act like barbaric teenage morons! You've cracked it! They're all the same, like Daleks or Cybermen or The Borg, and they're ALL doing it for THAT REASON.

And as for WHY they want to do that, while us nice middle-class folks don't...well, let's not think about that. The fact that poor people with fewer opportunities in life tend to do more unsavoury things that rich people with loads of opportunities is bound to be some kind of coincidence.

Whatever happens, whatever the result of all this, the instigators will end up worse off and further down the slippery slope of self induced deprevation.

Well yeah, but that was going to happen anyway. Big Society and all that. Must tighten our belts.

No doubt we will use working peoples taxes to rehabilitate the affected areas and give all these 'people' a shoulder to cry on. Boo ****ing hoo!

Ha, those subhumans, not being chuffed about living in grinding poverty and being demonised by us well-offs. Ho ho ho, it makes me chuckle!

Really though, even if you take out any kind of moral or philosophical standpoint and view it in the strictest terms of realpolitik, your argument holds as much water as a Saharan granny. Poor, desperate people do crime. Cracking down with the big stick doesn't work, because poor desperate people did more crime even when they risked birching or hanging or having their ears nailed to the town gibbet. Comfortable, happy middle-class people do less crime. So it seems to me that the solution ISN'T call them all swine and put the hammer down, since it's been proven to be shite the world over, but to try and give them a hand up. Cause it strikes me that letting the GRR 'ARDCORE POLICE clamp down has led to...well, this whole mess.

At what point did I mention skin colour, please do not imply that I am rascist. That I certainly am not. I freely admit to loathing those responsible in London and elsewhere, no matter what colourtheir skin is. Cheers

I'm just dead against freeloading, drug abusing, robbing, scrounging tinks that plague our society

Please return to wherever it was you came from

Walks like a racist.

Talks like a racist.

Says not racist?

Okay, then.

(p.s still waiting for your Junkie Story, greggington. I'm so excited!)

Walks like a racist.

Talks like a racist.

Says not racist?

Okay, then.

(p.s still waiting for your Junkie Story, greggington. I'm so excited!)

Tink, it is an abbreviation of tinker, essentially a travelling metal dealer, not racist.

Not knowing your origins, how can I possibly be rascist in telling you to go back where you come from. Maybe that somewhere is Dundee or Edinburgh etc, again not rascist.

As for your last comment, I started copying and pasting links onto a thread but when I got to the 6/7th link I thought why bore others on the threead with links to pensioners being murdered by addicts, nurses being seriously and sexualy assaulted by addicts and addicts spitting blood in emergency service wokers faces knowing full well that they harboured infectious diseases AIDS/hep B inclusive.

Having had a look at your previous posts it is apparent that you would cause trouble in an empty house and look to get a rise where possible. Thus I will no longer respond to your comments. All the best:D

Having had a look at your previous posts it is apparent that you would cause trouble in an empty house and look to get a rise where possible. Thus I will no longer respond to your comments. All the best:D

So, you're full of shite, then. Catch you later, i'm old greg. Give my regards to 101Saint and HonestSaintsFan.

Incidentally, your little "not racist" backpedal was some total horseshit. You hate wandering tinsmiths? Bollocks. And you want me to go back to where I came from without knowing where that is - i.e you drop an epithet without considering the meaning. You so racist, your piano only has white keys.

Police involved in the fatal shooting of a father of four on Thursday have "never claimed they were fired upon", according to Sky News sources.

appears now that it's exploded into a riot these lot are trying to cover there backs with a

"i never actually saud that" excuse

Tory britain 70s 80s 00s.....

Only ever happens when the marbles in mouth brigade are around,what what i say young chap.........!

THATCHER PART 2...Get on yer bike and pit the fire oot lads ..!

Is she still around ?

Move the f-ck--g olympics up to edinburgh & spend the 3 billion there..

And gee hearts the millenium dome for there new grund..400million that was.

twats..!!

Riots, Tories, Saints playing badly... is this the 80s?!

It's almost class warfare in London. Poor, unemployed and disenfranchised people running riot.

Where are the police? During the student protests they were everywhere kettling protestors, arresting innocents and battering people into submission. This time they're letting outright criminals run loose. There has to be some political motivation here, simply has to be. The police are not this incompetent.

One thing's for sure, some heads will roll for this. Be it in parliament or in the police force I'm not sure. Military intervention must be avoided at all cost if we want to avoid a taste of Syria/Athens/Turkey in our own country. There WILL be bloodshed and it could very well get far worse before it gets better.