riots in tottenham

slf

Some magnificent 4th Form, cliched political quotes to be read, unsurprisingly.

What we are actually witnessing is the result of a combination of the political outlooks getting it wrong, not just one. The Right's me, me, me, greed is all that counts...The Left's political correctness resulting in a generation devoid of any respect for authority as all that matters is their human rights...the Centre for not providing a genuine alternative.

The vast majority of those carrying out the carnage have spent all of their meaningful years being taught that teachers or the police cant touch them; they can basically do what they want with minimal come back. I'm sure a few are now consulting their solicitors, through legal aid, about suing the police because they allowed them to set fire to a building and then they twisted their ankle running away. Where's the compo?

Politicians of all hues are as bad as each other. They only care about themselves. As for London...won't someone please think of the Olympics.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some magnificent 4th Form, cliched political quotes to be read, unsurprisingly.

What we are actually witnessing is the result of a combination of the political outlooks getting it wrong, not just one. The Right's me, me, me, greed is all that counts...The Left's political correctness resulting in a generation devoid of any respect for authority as all that matters is their human rights...the Centre for not providing a genuine alternative.

The vast majority of those carrying out the carnage have spent all of their meaningful years being taught that teachers or the police cant touch them; they can basically do what they want with minimal come back. I'm sure a few are now consulting their solicitors, through legal aid, about suing the police because they allowed them to set fire to a building and then they twisted their ankle running away. Where's the compo?

Politicians of all hues are as bad as each other. They only care about themselves. As for London...won't someone please think of the Olympics.

I would agree with that........

at least 2 generations going about as if the law or discipline doesnt affect them. RESPECT!!! THERE IS NONE

If anyone on here who has witnessed the pure evil of the last three nights in areas of very differing prosperity believes that these thugs are acting out of "grinding poverty" or poor job prospects are deluded.You deserve peace and quiet to read the Gunriad and ignore the real world.If these yobbos are so keen for a fight then get out to Afghanistan and send some of our soldiers home for a wee break.

Police involved in the fatal shooting of a father of four on Thursday have "never claimed they were fired upon", according to Sky News sources.

appears now that it's exploded into a riot these lot are trying to cover there backs with a

"i never actually saud that" excuse

He said that two shots were thought to have been fired by one officer because he "feared for his life" because of a gun which was found at the scene.

must admit that does not look good for the polis

With you on this Fernie.We have seen a continual stream of lies in high profile police incidents which eventually spirals out of control.This could of happened after the Tomlinson death where the PC said he was in fear of his life.

I do feel sorry for the hardworking,honest police officer but as we've seen they're not all like that.

He said that two shots were thought to have been fired by one officer because he "feared for his life" because of a gun which was found at the scene.

must admit that does not look good for the polis

Another thing that doesnt look good for the polis is the fact that 44 of them wont be working today due to injuries sustained yesterday.

At the moment we are looking in from the outside and its easy to think that would only happen in a London or Birmingham but after what happened in Vancouver after the stanley cup final it can happen anywhere.

The one big difference I can see is that after the riot in Vancouver people volunteered to clean up the city the next day where as in London they will expect the rest of the UK to pay to restore things.

As one posted on the football stadium forum put it "Why are they burning down Lidl, Sports Soccer and Greggs?

Have they not heard the exp​ression bite the hand that feeds!!":laugh: but then many of them only have 3 brain cells.

I am glad to say I was wrong with the clean up idea, #riotcleanup and www.riotcleanup.com are helping to co ordinate things and hopefully they will get a response like Vancouver did in June

Another thing that doesnt look good for the polis is the fact that 44 of them wont be working today due to injuries sustained yesterday.

not condoning the riots in any way, but the fact of the matter is this. At the moment this has nothing to do with anything that happened its just wee fannies looking to cause trouble, but the original riots is down to the police.

They appear to have shot someone without a viable reason (the guy may well have been a blemish on society but you cant go around murdering everybody for being a tool) also noted that a video surfaced on a news channel of police kicking a young girl while she was on the ground and police have admitted they are reviewing it because there is a vast majority of people saying that was what caused the riots to become violent.

not condoning the riots in any way, but the fact of the matter is this. At the moment this has nothing to do with anything that happened its just wee fannies looking to cause trouble, but the original riots is down to the police.

They appear to have shot someone without a viable reason (the guy may well have been a blemish on society but you cant go around murdering everybody for being a tool) also noted that a video surfaced on a news channel of police kicking a young girl while she was on the ground and police have admitted they are reviewing it because there is a vast majority of people saying that was what caused the riots to become violent.

There is also a video of a group of thugs picking up a boy who was covered in blood and robbing him whilst supposidly helping him. Scum.

If the girl was involved in the riots then she deserved to get booted - girl or no girl. In my opinion you break the law you are no longer protected by the law.

excuses excuses excuses let us look at eveything the polis did and see what they can be blamed for. Nothing to do with the ar5seholes who are doing nothing less than causing trouble right left and centre. These clowns need no reason for breaking into shops and stealing.

Water cannons and coloured dye should be used if they are involved round them up and arrest them.

There is also a video of a group of thugs picking up a boy who was covered in blood and robbing him whilst supposidly helping him. Scum.

If the girl was involved in the riots then she deserved to get booted - girl or no girl. In my opinion you break the law you are no longer protected by the law.

As your mammy would say " you fly wi the craws you get shot wi the craws"

The guy was carrying a gun....it turned out to be an imitation...but so feckin what...you carry anything like that, with the obvious intention of wanting it to appear to be real, then you takes what you get.

The police are human...how can you expect them to behave absolutely rationally when in the middle of that, with hundreds of thugs out to injure them and rob and burn???????????

The guy was carrying a gun....it turned out to be an imitation...but so feckin what...you carry anything like that, with the obvious intention of wanting it to appear to be real, then you takes what you get.

The police are human...how can you expect them to behave absolutely rationally when in the middle of that, with hundreds of thugs out to injure them and rob and burn???????????

did you also read the bit that it was hidden in his sock therefore wasnt been brandished around like first reported i'm not bothered about this guy getting killed by all accounts he seemed to be scum. But just shows that the police are a law unto them selves, we will just kill whoever we want and make up random excuses for why e.g that brazillian dude, they had like 5 diffrent stories to what happened and still no action was taken

yes but youve basically argued for me there there THUGS..... not police. Thugs are people who have no morals and that is the people running about causing this trouble just because they can, the police are meant to be there to help the innocent, now this girl threw a stone at the police that is out of order but if i was to do that tomorrow i'd be lifted and charged not getting the shit kicked out me. I notice there quick to kick the crap out a lassie but not 5-6 big black guys, face facts a section of the police are just scum with authority

My ten cents (to be largely ignored)...

Firstly, the wanton destruction of property, either private or public, is utterly inexcusable. However, the reactionary 'hang the lot of them' tidal wave response is also disgraceful.

The fact that this has happened is symptomatic of wider, more complex societal problems and ones that won't be solved by scapegoating a group of nameless 'thugs'.

The simple fact is that people who are happy with their lot don't cut about setting fire to buildings and looting shops, much like how they don't fill their arms full of smack, knife one another or partake in any other behaviour that 'scum' habitually do. If you kick a dog into a corner it's natural reaction will be, sooner or later, to bite.

As for the shooting of Mark Duggan, none of us know the facts so let's not jump to conclusions. Regardless of the details of the event, he was someone's son.

I notice there quick to kick the crap out a lassie but not 5-6 big black guys, face facts a section of the police are just scum with authority

I'm not denying that an element of the police are criminals with a badge but they are in a minority. All of the people taking part in the looting and general thuggery in England at the moment are criminals. If this girl threw a stone at police she deserved to get her arse booted. Hopefully it will teach her a lesson.

The fact that this has happened is symptomatic of wider, more complex societal problems and ones that won't be solved by scapegoating a group of nameless 'thugs'.

The simple fact is that people who are happy with their lot don't cut about setting fire to buildings and looting shops, much like how they don't fill their arms full of smack, knife one another or partake in any other behaviour that 'scum' habitually do. If you kick a dog into a corner it's natural reaction will be, sooner or later, to bite.

Some of these people don't even know they are born. If they put half the energy they spend moaning about thier lives into trying to better themselves they would be a damned site better off.

Plenty of people come from difficult backgrounds and work their arse off to make sure they better themselves. I can't accept the excuse of "we were born to be scum bags".

Legalised sterilisation would sort it all out....just look at the impact legalised abortion had across the USA....approx 14-18 years after each state legalised abortion, their crime rate dropped dramatically....14-18 being the most criminally active age of those who were born into poor, uneducated families (or single mums)

Some of these people don't even know they are born. If they put half the energy they spend moaning about thier lives into trying to better themselves they would be a damned site better off.

You could argue that they'd be even better off in a society run by a government that didn't slash public spending while bailing out banks (which are pretty much the definition of scum in my book)

Bettering yourself is all fair and well on paper but if you live in a run down area that is being swept under the carpet while ludicrous sums of money are spent on readying other areas of the same town for the Olympics, attended a school near the bottom of the education performance table because you didn't have the economic means to travel to a better one and come out into a World of mass unemployment you are well within your rights to moan about your life.

I'm not saying this is the case for all of the people rioting, or that it's an excuse for their behaviour if it is, I'm just pointing out that it's a grim fact for far too high a percentage of the population of one of the 7 richest nations on the planet.