#03 - 13/08/11 - Saints 0-1 Dunfermline Athletic - SPL

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Del Must Go

Second time we've played against ten men and second time we failed to stretch the team who were down a man.

Even the worst manager in your league, knows that against ten men you have to work the wide areas and pull their men all over the park.

Craig at left back today cos Davidson was injured, why not play Maybury? As for the penalty, Sandaza looked confident and thats what matters.

What's going on with Jamie Adams? Anyone any idea?

Can`t believe he wasn`t even on the bench. don``t think Del rates him as he loaned him out to Dundee last season even when we were short of midfielders.

I think he should be in the team in front of Robertson or even Muzz who I am a great fan of.

Crap Game, Crap support

Started brightly and looked like we could have scored any number but the same old problem was that we could not put the bal in the net.

How long can McInnes keep pulling the wool over our eyes? At the game today I spoke to Lampshade and we were trying to figure out when the last goal we scored in competative football was, our guess was back at Easter Road?

Pathetic play again today and our only answer too playing against ten men today was a punt up the park

Simply not good enough, he has brought in al these new strikers and there is no difference from last season

Haber gets brough in and he runs his arse off out of position on the wing

Higgins hasnt even had a look in and wasnt even on the bench, waste of wages

Sandaza does look a good buy

Finigan looks another clasic St Johnstone striker who cant find the net

and finally Sheridan well hes hardly set the heather alight

Celtic away looks a good next week, wouldnt shock me to see a 5 or 6 nil home result.

Going to be a long hard season im afraid

Crap Game, Crap support

Started brightly and looked like we could have scored any number but the same old problem was that we could not put the bal in the net.

How long can McInnes keep pulling the wool over our eyes? At the game today I spoke to Lampshade and we were trying to figure out when the last goal we scored in competative football was, our guess was back at Easter Road?

Pathetic play again today and our only answer too playing against ten men today was a punt up the park

Simply not good enough, he has brought in al these new strikers and there is no difference from last season

Haber gets brough in and he runs his arse off out of position on the wing

Higgins hasnt even had a look in and wasnt even on the bench, waste of wages

Sandaza does look a good buy

Finigan looks another clasic St Johnstone striker who cant find the net

and finally Sheridan well hes hardly set the heather alight

Celtic away looks a good next week, wouldnt shock me to see a 5 or 6 nil home result.

Going to be a long hard season im afraid

Our last competitive goal was a Liam Craig penalty against Hamilton. He missed the second penalty that day too though!

I wouldn't be surprised if they put 5 or 6 past us either, based on what I've read of their performance today and the fact we look terrible at the moment.

Might even look at the odds next week, might as well make money from the misery!

Today was truly awful. The only plus points were the centre half partnership and the work rate of Finnigan. Many embarassing moments today. I am most concerned about the comments from our manager. He was pleased with our performance today apparently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/14429576.stm

Step forward Finnigan, Wright and McCracken, well played.

Our midfield is the problem. It is pants at the moment, no clever balls into channels or bursting a gut to support the front. Today proved again how uncreative we are. Jody "safety first" Morris passing the ball to the centre halves, Davidson again making clumsy and ridiculous chalenges and Moon's performance in the first half was shocking. I had to double check that he was actually playing.

Not only have we now played 3 games and again no goals, we have played against 2 teams with 10 men for considerably lengthy periods in two games and failed to score. How can Davidson now play so poorly from what were used to? Why are we so uncreative?

I personally put it all down to the manager and the way he is asking the players to play. Not good Del, not good at all and in my opinion I was cheated out of the £21 I paid today. In the words of Totten, "the fan deserves to be entertained and he pays to see goals and goal mouth incidents". Sorry Del, not much of that today. :sad:

Can`t believe he wasn`t even on the bench. don``t think Del rates him as he loaned him out to Dundee last season even when we were short of midfielders.

I think he should be in the team in front of Robertson or even Muzz who I am a great fan of.

The midfield were all playing on the left, the forwards were all playing on the right. He dropped Anderson (who Duberry thought was our best centre-half) but Wright, who is clearly out his depth keeps his place?

The midfield were all playing on the left, the forwards were all playing on the right. He dropped Anderson (who Duberry thought was our best centre-half) but Wright, who is clearly out his depth keeps his place?
Glad you said that cos i`m not totally convinced wi wright either Edited by saintee4life

I don't know whats worse, that performance from the team or the performance from the fans.

Booing players off at half time, coming back on they get booed, booing Liam Craig because he missed the penalty, the personnel abuse aimed at players and booing Liam Craig again because he got MOTM.

Very true, you'd think we supported Barcelona. Those two folk next to the scoreboard today were embarrassing.

Very good chance Liam would have scored the penalty if Sandaza hadnt put him off I reckon, he looks a decent player but I d fine him for his actions today, you have your penalty taker on the pitch, you get behind him in those circumstances, not argue with him and end up distracting him from his job.

Very good chance Liam would have scored the penalty if Sandaza hadnt put him off I reckon, he looks a decent player but I d fine him for his actions today, you have your penalty taker on the pitch, you get behind him in those circumstances, not argue with him and end up distracting him from his job.

Nobody got in the way when he missed previously

One word: gutted.

Lets get this very clear, we were beaten by a very very poor team today who mustered one shot at goal and only two attacks. This is more than worrying.

Im not going to say what i think just now because I'll change my mind when i calm down tomorrow. However our strikers took the blame for our lack of goals last year and paid for it with their jobs. Im now concerned that the real problem was the midfielders. Not individually but collectively. They are all too similar.

I feel we have made a few pointless signings too, I just cant see what Finnegan brings, Sheridan hasn't looked interested and I don't see where Robertson fits in. Where is Higgins too?

At least Sandaza looked the part.

I correctly guessed that Liam would miss the penalty and hit the yellow section of seats behind the goal with the late free-kick. Never for a moment did I see him getting MotM though!

Still think he has a lot to offer.

Playing left back and was our biggest attacking threat. If he scored the pen he would be a hero on here tonight.