#04 - 21/08/11 - Celtic 0-1 Saints - SPL

Just in the house after trip back.

Can hardly believe what I saw!

Jody bossed the midfield.

The strikers caused trouble.

The whole team looked like they knew what they were doing for once.

Enks looked like a really safe keeper.

It was never a penalty......

And Dave Mackay? Superb finish....Someone behind me shouted 'shoot' and I thought dinnae bother....what do I know about football.....

Confidence should ooze now?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in the house after trip back.

Can hardly believe what I saw!

Jody bossed the midfield.

The strikers caused trouble.

The whole team looked like they knew what they were doing for once.

Enks looked like a really safe keeper.

It was never a penalty......

And Dave Mackay? Superb finish....Someone behind me shouted 'shoot' and I thought dinnae bother....what do I know about football.....

Confidence should ooze now?

Thats been the problem for a few weeks now. We get in positions for a strike but due to lack of confidence or trying to make certain we score ,no`one is having a shot. Dave just proved,have a shot & you may get a deflection even if you don`have a clear view of goal.

Whilst we are bigging up the guys and gals who went - Ive just realised that Saints fans get restricted view seats at Parkhead do they know the score?

Oh don't worry it was at our end alright - the celebrations were phenomenal!

Great team performance today, worked hard, rode our luck and stuck on in there. For them to have a penalty, hit the woodwork and have one cleared at the post by Jody in the first half you had to wonder how we were gonna cope in the second half.

Step up Dave MacKay... didn't realise how big the deflection was at the game until I seen it on youtube there but to be honest I don't care... To see that celebration by the squad at the goal was clear they have the belief and passion to succeed, as does the full time celebrations by Del. An enjoyable walk into the city centre with all the **** with no smiles on their faces, was clear I was a Saintee by the grin on my face - or until Bridgeton area anyway, maybe thought I was a *** top of the league as the pubs were full waiting on the Sellick to stroll passed :laugh:

I doubted our chances today (and lost a few pennies for it) but is a real wake up call to those who have done nothing but criticise lately...There's a reason WAP has been so quiet lately as it's been a chore to read. We are in this together and move forward together.. Bring on the Livi!

Although I'm gutted I wasnt there, it was great to watch on a stream of Celtic TV. I dont know who the commentators were, but there was a moment when one of them went mental at Frazer Wright (I think)

It was something along the lines of

"HES CHEATING HES CHEATING I DONT CARE WHAT THE ST JOHNSTONE BENCH THINK"

Twas highly amusing.

Although I'm gutted I wasnt there, it was great to watch on a stream of Celtic TV. I dont know who the commentators were, but there was a moment when one of them went mental at Frazer Wright (I think)

It was something along the lines of

"HES CHEATING HES CHEATING I DONT CARE WHAT THE ST JOHNSTONE BENCH THINK"

Twas highly amusing.

Listening to that pair of clowns made it so much sweeter. I was going to turn the sound off early on but am so glad I didn't. What fannies! :laugh::laugh:

On Radio Scotland the commentators chat was all about what Celtic needed to do to win...not what Saints should do to play out the victory....at one point, Encks had obviously pulled off a great save from McCourt....one of the pricks (for a change) said "what a great block by Enckleman" to which the other wank replied "eh, yeah, what a sublime run from McCourt etc etc" and proceeded to just talk about Celtic for thenext 5 minutes

A great result.

We have the basis of a squad that can do very well this season, which made the Dunfermline game so damn frustrating!

I'm glad Enkelman had a great game, I've actually been really suprised that some Saints fans don't rate him, I reckon he is a quality keeper that we are lucky to have.

Hopefully we can use this as a springboard to a better season.

What a fantastic, magnificent, wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

The whole team was fantastic. Peter Enkleman produced one of the finest St Johnstone goalkeeping displays in many a year, and I for one cant believe that some fans do not raet this guy. In my opinion we are very lucky to have such a quality keeper at our club.

In defence the experience of all four guys shown through. McCracken and Wright seem to have struck up a solid partnership and as much as I like Steven Anderson, I think he will now struggle to get back into the team. Also, I really hope Callum stays clear of injuries, he offers us so much to the team.

In midfield Jody bossed the game. Similar to Enkleman many posters on the forum have questioned has value to the team, which to be honest I just cant get my head around. You often dont realise a good thing until its gone. Liam Craig was also a stand out for me today, he linked well with Callum defensively and offerred us an option when in attack as well., im not the greatest fan of Liam, but more performance like today and I will be forced to change my opinion.

Up front Cillian and Fran combined well to trouble a very vulnerable Celtic defence. Sandaza again showed how much quality he will bring to our team when fully fit, really excited about what he could do in a Saints shirt. Many question Cillians workrate, but in my opinion he has worked his socks off for the team since he signed, he will get us a few goals between now and January. Special mention to Sean Higgins as well, he proved a real nuisance when he came on.

A previous poster asked how many Saints fans were in attendance, I would say there was no more 70, however whilst being low in numbers we were not low in voice, the scenes at full time were fantastic. Fans of bigger clubs will never understand what today mean to people like us that support a so called "diddy club". Ive supported this club for the best part of 27 years and never seen us defeat the Old Firm in Glasgow (circumstances dictated that I missed that previous 2 wins against OF), so today was a real tear jerker for me.

Im a proud and happy man tonight. The Blue Flag is flying high!

The whole team was fantastic. Peter Enkleman produced one of the finest St Johnstone goalkeeping displays in many a year, and I for one cant believe that some fans do not raet this guy. In my opinion we are very lucky to have such a quality keeper at our club.

In defence the experience of all four guys shown through. McCracken and Wright seem to have struck up a solid partnership and as much as I like Steven Anderson, I think he will now struggle to get back into the team. Also, I really hope Callum stays clear of injuries, he offers us so much to the team.

In midfield Jody bossed the game. Similar to Enkleman many posters on the forum have questioned has value to the team, which to be honest I just cant get my head around. You often dont realise a good thing until its gone. Liam Craig was also a stand out for me today, he linked well with Callum defensively and offerred us an option when in attack as well., im not the greatest fan of Liam, but more performance like today and I will be forced to change my opinion.

Up front Cillian and Fran combined well to trouble a very vulnerable Celtic defence. Sandaza again showed how much quality he will bring to our team when fully fit, really excited about what he could do in a Saints shirt. Many question Cillians workrate, but in my opinion he has worked his socks off for the team since he signed, he will get us a few goals between now and January. Special mention to Sean Higgins as well, he proved a real nuisance when he came on.

A previous poster asked how many Saints fans were in attendance, I would say there was no more 70, however whilst being low in numbers we were not low in voice, the scenes at full time were fantastic. Fans of bigger clubs will never understand what today mean to people like us that support a so called "diddy club". Ive supported this club for the best part of 27 years and never seen us defeat the Old Firm in Glasgow (circumstances dictated that I missed that previous 2 wins against OF), so today was a real tear jerker for me.

Im a proud and happy man tonight. The Blue Flag is flying high!

Very well said mate.

A previous poster asked how many Saints fans were in attendance, I would say there was no more 70,

I know our support was low - but not as bad as that, I would say around 150