Stewarding at home games

Crieff_Saint

This has been an issue for a long time now and myself and many others now feel something needs to be done. For a large period of the second half yesterday several fans in front of me were involved in a heated dispute with the stewards for standing up. Why is it the away supporters can stand for as long as they like without being told to sit down yet if we stand up for longer that 20 seconds we are forced to be seated? As i pointed out yesterday to one of the stewards i'm sure we would all sit down happily for the full match if the away support were told to do the same but week in week out we are picked on while the away fans stand with out notice.

Any thoughts on this?

This has been an issue for a long time now and myself and many others now feel something needs to be done. For a large period of the second half yesterday several fans in front of me were involved in a heated dispute with the stewards for standing up. Why is it the away supporters can stand for as long as they like without being told to sit down yet if we stand up for longer that 20 seconds we are forced to be seated? As i pointed out yesterday to one of the stewards i'm sure we would all sit down happily for the full match if the away support were told to do the same but week in week out we are picked on while the away fans stand with out notice.

Any thoughts on this?

Could try reverse psychology and all sit down -that way they wont persecute you and they might concentrate on the away support.

Any thoughts on this?

Aye, make the ormond stand a standing area.............

Any thoughts on this?

I agree with everything you have said others may not agree with you but i dont see why it should be one rule for away fans and then a different rule for the home fans,its bang out of order

It's just the mongos who spend more time squaing up to the away stand than watching the game that have this issue. Normal humans are able to sit and watch football without worrying about the baddies in the away end standing up.

i disagree. The first person who was told to sit was simply checking his phone and when told to sit he disputed that the away fans were allowed to stand for 90 minutes yet he wasnt allowed to look at his phone! So before you tar us all with the same brush take a good look at the people around you

I agree with everything you have said others may not agree with you but i dont see why it should be one rule for away fans and then a different rule for the home fans,its bang out of order

Thank you! The stewards were the ones who caused the problems on Saturday. They complain about it being health and safety related, so if that is the case then the should be more pro active about everyone.

Thank you! The stewards were the ones who caused the problems on Saturday. They complain about it being health and safety related, so if that is the case then the should be more pro active about everyone.

You have a couple of options then -

Write to the club and ask why

Write to Tayside Chief Constable and ask why

The whole safety issue is the responsibility of both

i disagree. The first person who was told to sit was simply checking his phone and when told to sit he disputed that the away fans were allowed to stand for 90 minutes yet he wasnt allowed to look at his phone! So before you tar us all with the same brush take a good look at the people around you

Yeah,I know what you mean,Coz you can`t check your phone in a sitting

position can you.F***ing stewards eh!

Why do you need to stand up to check your phone?

One person will make no difference hence why i posted on here to find out the opinions of others

My opinion is that the rules say you have to sit in your seat. It's a bit like the rules saying you have to drive on the left or you have to pay taxes - might not suit you, but at the end of the day you're going to do it. If you want to pay 20-odd quid to have an argument with the stewards (an argument you're never gonna win) then feel free - I'd rather watch the game though.

I can't work out why you have to stand up to check your phone either:roll:

Simply checking his phone?

If some fanny was standing up in front of me, obscuring my view of the pitch just to check his phone (lets face it, probably checking for a text from his mummy), I'd want him ejected and banned for life.

As for the morons in the away stand, the ref should just stop the game until they all sit down. Either its a serious safety hazard or it's not?

I am actually intrigued to know why somebody HAS to stand up to check their phone. I frequently check my phone during matches. Have never found it necessary to be standing to do this though?

do you like the people around you reading yer text messages ?if yes keep sitting and i will have a keek at what yer phone messages say ooerr.see if ye like that missus.

Like I said, normal humans are capable of sitting watching football and checking their phones in a variety of positions. Including sitting down.