Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

See Shoe Zone is having it's normal closing down sale again.

Also sports Direct have closed as well, by the looks of things.

Sports direct are moving into the retail park I think.

I think Perth centre has a really good atmosphere about it on a Saturday. I like Starbucks having the outside tables and when the above 2 shops move out, I'd like to see some similar places in there and make that end of the high street a bit of a cafe end.

The sports direct shop is a decent size, so might get a decent company in there.

Is there not supposed to be a subway coming soon?

The shoe shop at the High Street entrance to the St. John's Centre is having a genuine closing down sale (yes they have had closing down sales over the years, but this is a genuine one. The Clydesdale Bank who are currently in South Methven Street, and have been for many years, will be moving to the vacated unit.

At present the bank has a very limited number of parking spaces at the rear of the bank. Sadly this won't be the case in their new premises.

Edited by Carron

At present the bank has a very limited number of parking spaces at the rear of the bank. Sadly this won't be the case in their new premises.

mostly used by there staff i believe could hardly get parked there and always same cars there and no customers in the bank

Cheers, had it confirmed this morning that they, along with a lot of the major car dealerships, are really struggling due to making most of their money in the past from the financing of cars rather than the actual car sales and more & more people are using alternative methods of financing their new cars.

Was out and about this morning. Passed the former McConnells shop in South Methven Street. A notice in the window, application for Paddy Power. This is a licensing application. Just what we need.

ANOTHER BOOKIES.

William Hill a couple of doors up, and a Ladbrokes across the road.

Was out and about this morning. Passed the former McConnells shop in South Methven Street. A notice in the window, application for Paddy Power. This is a licensing application. Just what we need.

ANOTHER BOOKIES.

William Hill a couple of doors up, and a Ladbrokes across the road.

Surely if we all put rejections in due to amount of bookies the licence will get refuses. But then there will probably just be another cafe open up there.