Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

It's really good to see that the G1 group is investing so heavily in Perth. The rolling improvements to the cinema, particularly the IMAX screen are really good to see, I'm really proud to be from a city that supports a strong "independent" cinema, I'd much rather we never see one of Cineworld or Vue or the other terrible chains in the Perth.

The investment in the old education building to turn half of it into Harry's restaurant is a massive boon as Perth could do with another strong mid range restaurant. I'm especially happy that they're going to be doing craft beer as Perth lacks a really good craft beer place. If I had the money I'd love to open a place that sold a good reasonably priced range of world beers (Dutch; Belgian in particular) that did basic but good food in a nice atmosphere.

The loss of Cafe Rocco is a blow as it was great to see a small business in such a prominent location and I'd rather go there than one of the mega chains, which as someone's already said, don't even pay their taxes. Although it's not hard to do with a number of great small cafes in Perth, Reid's and Cocco(on Mill st) being especially good)

Overall Perth is actually doing quite well and people, who say "Perth is shite, because it hasn't even got XXXXX chain" are quite frankly morons. We living in a beautiful town, with some interesting buildings, fascinating history and strong renowned independent businesses why on earth would you want to ruin that with some identikit nonsense that you can get any where else.

Perths pubs and nightlife is shocking. 1 half decent night club and a couple of mediocre pubs is terrible for a so called "city"

Agreed. It has been a long time since 'a night out in Perth' has filled me with anything more than the simple pleasure of getting a break from the wife and kids for a night....something that a night in a tent in Balbeggie could achieve

Agreed. It has been a long time since 'a night out in Perth' has filled me with anything more than the simple pleasure of getting a break from the wife and kids for a night....something that a night in a tent in Balbeggie could achieve

Maybe if the wife reads your post you'll be spending more nights in your tent at Balbeggie than you want.