Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

Worky at the site told me

Pound World moving into old Currys

New Building and new retailer in car park space

New building and retailer in waste ground next to B n Q former building

B n Q former building ignored

Going straight to former Homebase site to build The Range when Pound World fitted out

Going straight to former Homebase site to build The Range when Pound World fitted out

Would have thought the existing building would have been adequate for Poundland.

Barren retail parks with Poundworlds and Home Bargains, guess it's better than laying empty.

Mon tae **** Perth, sell our town centre, make it thrive again.

Forfar is a prime example of a wee market town that seems to be thriving, always busy and a bit of hustle and bustle. A few independent shops and the like that have been there for donkeys years. There's also free parking - an Angus wide policy actually.

Not been to Forfar since we played them in the cup but I don't recall many empty shops in and around the High Street.

Some good news at last.

Bright Care, Home care provider are opening in Charlotte Street, creating 18 new jobs.

This adds to their presence in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Dunbartonshire.

Presume they are moving into the building vacated by Aberdein Considine.

Some good news at last.

Bright Care, Home care provider are opening in Charlotte Street, creating 18 new jobs.

Employment for 18 non Scots on minimum wage or less. Am I a cynic ?.

Bertie Browns to close end of June apparently.

Owner in The Courier:

"This decision has been on the cards for a while – it’s mainly down to a lack of footfall,” she said. “We have lots of loyal customers, but the people of Perth have some responsibility for this.

“It’s galling to see so many people in the shop just now when we’re having a closing-down sale".

Has closing down sale - moans when closing down sale is popular  :confused:

It used to be a good place for interesting and unusual gifts but they binned most of that stuff and turned it into yet another jewellery shop. (She owns another). But I suppose it's our fault for not wanting to buy from her diminishing range of stock.

Edited by myDarlingBeefeater

Some good news at last.

Across the road. The ex-AC place is being done up though I don't know what for.

Perthshire-Exterior-Resized.jpg

Owner in The Courier:

Has closing down sale - moans when closing down sale is popular :confused:

It used to be a good place for interesting and unusual gifts but they binned most of that stuff and turned it into yet another jewellery shop. (She owns another). But I suppose it's our fault for not wanting to buy from her diminishing range of stock.

It's always dissapointing when you hear shop owners making complaints like this. Why should people of Perth feel that they HAVE to shop there? It's up to them to provide products at a price that tempts people. She has clearly not done that. It's a shame as I thought their shop from the outside was one of the best presented in town.

Would have thought the existing building would have been adequate for Poundland.

From what I can find out it is being taken over by Virgin Gyms and is being converted just now with a small retail outlet attached......

• 2 weeks later...

Why would they continue to shop there when the most popular part (the Pandora stuff) now has it's own shop on the High Street - operated by the same person!

Bizarre.

as a regular user of the shop .and the bloody wife on first name terms with the Browns staff,any time I was in the counter selling the nomination braclets was always more busy than the Pandora over priced  junk

great wee shop ,excellent service when shopping for the wife Laura is gutted the shop is going thanks for all the help over the years,,

at least the credit card can relax....................as for present ideas...........mmmm..thers always Argos.LAUGH OUT LOUD

Anyone know what's happening with Summers down the side of the city hall? it's been "closed for refurbishment" for months and no sign of any work ever taking place.

Not sure but they were rarely busy even though you got good food at a reasonable price so maybe they are appraising their position but not opening for the summer would indicate that they have closed for good sadly

Not sure but they were rarely busy even though you got good food at a reasonable price so maybe they are appraising their position but not opening for the summer would indicate that they have closed for good sadly

Yeah I always liked it, a right shame. Great prices for Perth, one of the few places you could go for good food at reasonably cheap prices without having to resort to a bakers or takeaway. If I had one criticism it would be considering the price range of food on offer I wouldn't expect a "posh joint" but the staff came across like they were under the pressures of working in a top restaurant, not very relaxing.

Why would they continue to shop there when the most popular part (the Pandora stuff) now has it's own shop on the High Street - operated by the same person!

Bizarre.

from what i heard from a friend of the owners, pandora basically told them if they wanted to keep the franchise they had to open a Pandora only store in a high street location.  it;s probably what helped push Bertie Browns over the end....so to speak

From what I can find out it is being taken over by Virgin Gyms and is being converted just now with a small retail

outlet attached......

Did some more digging today,and was Told

Every unit has been allocated and 2 new units are being built

The last unit to be modernised is Dunelm

The former Bn Q is to be divided into 3 units

The old Currys is deffo going to be Pound Land/World

The 2 new units being built next to old Currys are Costa Coffee and Greggs

My source also said that toys r us were trying to get somewhere in Perth but nothing was suitable just now, whatever that means im not too sure