Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

Yeh, that's the default option, it's fine, but was wondering if there's any others?

I really like the food from the Hong Kong. Think it's the best Chinese food I've had in Perth. I've never sat in the restaurant area though so not sure what it's like, but the takeaway's great. http://www.hongkongperth.co.uk/

Dr Noodles on South street is really good. Best Chinese in perth IMHO. Not great for sit in, as they just have benches and I don't think it is licenced - probably not what you are looking for, just think it deserves a mention.

I was very very impressed when I tried that place out. Very simple idea and extremely quick service at a decent price.

• 4 weeks later...

You're not, usage is hugely down and online banking hugely up. It's highly unlikely there will be a physical bank network of any significance in twenty years. The problem is the people who for various reasons won't go online for banking, eg old and those with poor broadband, as well as things like cash businesses needing to deposit. The idea is we go cashless, old people learn and/ or die!, and the post office takes over as the physical bank, but people are resisting cashless to an extent, and the PO network is contracting as well. The way ahead is quite clear, it's just the problems of catering for those who arnt or can't keep up, and who stubbornly persist in breathing. I actually went into a bank the other day for the first time in ages, and actually wrote a Cheque, funnily enough, first time for both in ages.

You're not, usage is hugely down and online banking hugely up. It's highly unlikely there will be a physical bank network of any significance in twenty years. The problem is the people who for various reasons won't go online for banking, eg old and those with poor broadband, as well as things like cash businesses needing to deposit. The idea is we go cashless, old people learn and/ or die!, and the post office takes over as the physical bank, but people are resisting cashless to an extent, and the PO network is contracting as well. The way ahead is quite clear, it's just the problems of catering for those who arnt or can't keep up, and who stubbornly persist in breathing. I actually went into a bank the other day for the first time in ages, and actually wrote a Cheque, funnily enough, first time for both in ages.

Thought I saw something bouncing down the street in Newburgh:wink:

The idea is we go cashless, old people learn and/ or die!, and the post office takes over as the physical bank, but people are resisting cashless to an extent, and the PO network is contracting as well. The way ahead is quite clear, it's just the problems of catering for those who arnt or can't keep up, and who stubbornly persist in breathing. 

For those who like a good conspiracy, going cashless means that Putin, the Chinese army and the funny people can keep tabs on you, what you are spending and whereabout...

• 3 weeks later...