Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

4 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Amazing what happens when Doc changes your meds. 

Yes agreed. I've remembered your on the bell mate.

And.....remembered when you got the Japanese Rear Admiral's Uniform from Fergusons , you'll no be able to get intae it noo.

Edited by HOODLUM65

On 2/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, Cagey said:

Says in the paper he is not making money. Not sure if it will be better in new shop but at least it is under one roof & he might make money selling his other 2 sites but there are lots of empty shops so won't hold my breath.

Should have retired & sold his stock at car boot sales.

From the outside it's never exactly looked like the most welcoming of places.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, jhq said:

Debenhams go into liquidation.  That's going to leave a huge gap to fill in Perth High Street. 

That's going to be a big blow for Perth - I'd think it must be the largest store on the High Street at the moment, and in such a prominent location too.

TBH I think this has been coming for Debenhams for a long time - they sell some nice stuff but a lot of it's crazily over-priced.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

That's going to be a big blow for Perth - I'd think it must be the largest store on the High Street at the moment, and in such a prominent location too.

TBH I think this has been coming for Debenhams for a long time - they sell some nice stuff but a lot of it's crazily over-priced.

Another business that hasn't moved with the times. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 6:56 AM, john.w said:

Only mates I have the now, unfortunately their all behind a sliding door wie a wee slot to slide their stovies through:ph34r:

Well after ten years my shift at the clink ended, many a tear was shed by my mates as I left. was just thinking to myself my first job was a message laddie at Jackson the stationers in St John St when I was 13 so that's 68 years I have been gainfully employed. So full-time house husband from now on:laugh:

4 hours ago, john.w said:

Well after ten years my shift at the clink ended, many a tear was shed by my mates as I left. was just thinking to myself my first job was a message laddie at Jackson the stationers in St John St when I was 13 so that's 68 years I have been gainfully employed. So full-time house husband from now on:laugh:

Congratulations. Enjoy ..