Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

Extracted for Subway Web page. Have put in bold certain bits of info.

In fact, in some cases, traditional SUBWAY® outlets can be opened for as little as c. £100,000.

The total initial investment will depend on many factors including location, rent, outlet size and equipment. The franchise agreement is for 20 years and renewable for 20 years (subject to terms and conditions).

An important consideration in purchasing your first SUBWAY® outlet is how to finance your investment. A good arrangement is to have 50% of the total capital requirements available in cash and sufficient collateral to obtain funding for the balance. Below are links to lenders that can offer support.

Royalties and fees paid to the SUBWAY® brand are based on gross sales minus sales tax. The royalties are 8% to the SUBWAY® brand. A 4.5% advertising fee is paid to the 'Franchisee Advertising Fund (FAF)'. Franchisees in some markets may vote to increase the marketing fee percentage for local advertising purposes.

The franchise fee of €10,000* for outlets is one of the lowest on the market, despite the size of the chain.

One reason the costs are so low is that SUBWAY® outlets feature a very simple operation. No cooking is involved so franchisees don’t have to invest large sums in expensive grills and fryers. Also, the décor package is streamlined so that money isn’t wasted on non-recoverable assets.

* See SUBWAY® Capital Requirements in the Franchise Sales Brochure »

Is the cafe on the SouthnInch stil open ? Just down from he Bowling green. Think it wa attached to the changing rooms ????

3 phase refurbishment of South Inch under way, boating pond ect completed, further phases will see a new cafe ect and i believe the Cafe will be where the Bowling green is just now, which is closed and to be demolished, as is the old Cafe.Not sure but i think the changing rooms are to be refurbished as well

3 phase refurbishment of South Inch under way, boating pond ect completed, further phases will see a new cafe ect and i believe the Cafe will be where the Bowling green is just now, which is closed and to be demolished, as is the old Cafe.Not sure but i think the changing rooms are to be refurbished as well

But then you would ken all that Sailor boy if ye stayed here and did nae chase the Dollar :wink: