Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

Ness, which unfortunately my DIL works for, has gone into admin but shops remain open for now. Buy stuff!

Was in there a couple of weeks ago with my beloved and the staff were excellent. Asked them if it was ok to bring the dog in and they made a great fuss of her and they made a sale :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

So businesses are doing the same old stay open for Christmas and first days of sales and then shut up shop, the high streets gonna look a bit bare if USC, Ness and Watsons are gone but can't imagine they'll stay empty for long due to their position on the high street.

Wouldn't mind seeing USC become a McDonalds or something, room downstairs and upstairs for tables.

• 2 weeks later...

Good.  It's a shocking place these days.  Hasn't been refurbished for god knows how long and the food there now is awful.  I find it hard to have sympathy for businesses who have taken the punters money for years, ploughed very little back in to the business and have let their standard drop as low as this place has.

Not a shop, but just found out the Isle of Skye Toby carvery is closing on the 23rd Jan

Closing at 7pm today.

Reopening in about 3 weeks after refurb. under the Stonehouse pizza and carvery banner.

Another company owned by present owners Mitchells and Butlers.

10 new jobs to be created.

Also opening another, 3rd Feb. at Broadwood Farm  Cumbernauld.

• 1 month later...