#10 - 25/09/11 - Saints 2-0 Hearts - SPL

THE LARK SAINT

it augurs well for the rest of the season that wee can win so comfortably with 4 first team regulars sitting in the stand, the TV guys were all complimentary about the performance as well despite at the start Scott Booth going for 1-1 and Jim Jeffries bemoaning Saints injuries and going for 2-0 to Hearts. Great all round performance and good to hear Stephen Craigan say that Sandaza and Sheridan have been Motherwells hardest front pairing to deal with this season, a point against Hibs puts us clear 4th !!! gerrinnthere Saints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More evidence that a 4-3-1-2 (4-3-3) is a shite formation - thankfully it wasn't our manager that decided on it today! 4-4-2 will always outmuscle a 4-3-1-2 as St Mirren showed against us on Tuesday and it really let us dominate the middle (even with two tiny central midfielders) and get right at their full backs with Craig and Gibson.

The lack of a central midfield also allowed our front two to drop off and play in the space which is where the two goals came from.

Really enjoyed the game and enjoyed the goals especially. Thought all the players played well, especially the front two and the two central defenders. Craig also worked extremely hard and Hamil did nothing for them because of the work him and Maybury put in.

Great to see Sheridan get the goals, his work recently has earned them and two brilliant finishes they were. Great to see Saints with two strikers capable of rounding a 'keeper and finishing with composure!

Would be great to get a result on Wednesday but I'm not going to get greedy - would take a draw if offerd now. Have we ever won 3 back to back SPL games?

Enks looked excellent

Thought so too. They criticised him for the Hamill shot but I was right behind it and it moved all over the place. Aside from that scary moment his kicking, handling and punching was superb. We looked really settled at the back again - I was worried after Tuesday where Ando and Cracks looked like they had met in the pub on the way to the game.

Really REALLY happy with the way this season is going now. I am unsure why Sheridan's first few games were so poor, but am glad to see him getting back to the sort of form he showed during his first stint here. one question though... whats with the mouser?

I have to confess that I thought we looked so comfortable today, that for the first time in my life I was wandering away from the telly from time to time... I might put it down to the time of kick off, and my rumbly belly, but it was probably because Hearts showed absolutely nothing today and never had us on the ropes at any point.

A fantastic performance from back to front, and I have no reason to doubt we are capable of top six. Hell, with a bit of luck and consistency, we could be looking at third.

great times to be a Saintee, Geoff must be wondering what he has to do to get a decent crowd in Perth again.

Looking at this mornings SPL table, a 2-0 win would put us joint fourth with Hearts and a game in hand against some around us.

C'mon Ye Saints !

any chance of the midweek lottery numbers?

great performance today and for once i felt confident from early on and never felt in danger when we went in front.

master stroke from del not to play Adams-he surely would have got sent off by that stupid ref

Really REALLY happy with the way this season is going now. I am unsure why Sheridan's first few games were so poor, but am glad to see him getting back to the sort of form he showed during his first stint here. one question though... whats with the mouser?

I have to confess that I thought we looked so comfortable today, that for the first time in my life I was wandering away from the telly from time to time... I might put it down to the time of kick off, and my rumbly belly, but it was probably because Hearts showed absolutely nothing today and never had us on the ropes at any point.

A fantastic performance from back to front, and I have no reason to doubt we are capable of top six. Hell, with a bit of luck and consistency, we could be looking at third.

great times to be a Saintee, Geoff must be wondering what he has to do to get a decent crowd in Perth again.

McInnes touched on this after the game. He said we have sold our souls to the television. He is correct. A Sunday 12 noon kick off for a televised match that costs £21 to get into after a really poor midweek defeat? The writing was on the wall. I watched it on tv. If it hadn't been on TV, I'd have gone.

McInnes touched on this after the game. He said we have sold our souls to the television. He is correct. A Sunday 12 noon kick off for a televised match that costs £21 to get into after a really poor midweek defeat? The writing was on the wall. I watched it on tv. If it hadn't been on TV, I'd have gone.

Iv said this before. take the t.v money but in those games charge a fiver to get in...........

Really impressed with the team performance, and in particular Dels new signings. Sandaza is absolute class, and Sheridan is finding form now too. A real partnership that seem to have that real understanding, like O'Boyle and Grant did. Don't think we've seen that since to be honest.

With the financial situation around us, and the quality of the depth of our squad, I see no reason why we shouldn't set our sights higher than top 6. We've just proved that we are a match for Hearts and Motherwell, so why shouldn't third place be an ambitious target.

I think that ball Sandaza put through for Sheridan for the second is the best moment we've seen since promotion. Perfect weight and pace. BOOM!

and loved the fact that Sheridan was pointing to Fran where he wanted the ball...obviously the pair of them are communicating with each other and on the same wavelength

Really impressed with the team performance, and in particular Dels new signings. Sandaza is absolute class, and Sheridan is finding form now too. A real partnership that seem to have that real understanding, like O'Boyle and Grant did. Don't think we've seen that since to be honest.

With the financial situation around us, and the quality of the depth of our squad, I see no reason why we shouldn't set our sights higher than top 6. We've just proved that we are a match for Hearts and Motherwell, so why shouldn't third place be an ambitious target.

In relation to other threads re cup runs...I would love to see us post a good league finish this season and would happily give up a cup run to do that....a SC run would be a bonus

Not a failure in blue yesterday,really comfortable against a very average Hearts team.The front two are starting to really gell and have a good understanding,Crackers was outstanding too,but as most have posted,no poor perfomers,and playing at a good tempo and constantly pressing on the ball,Mooner really is an important player in our set up,and feel we're more positive when he's in there for Jody.

Well impressed. Thought that were solid for most of the game. Enks looked excellent, Anderson very good, Craig tireless and the Sheridan goals were superbly taken. Sandanza when fully fit will be awesome. Love it when a relieved Sheridan fell to kiss the turf after scoring.

I Think you'll find that he was "planking" StDuncM :laugh:

Think we did sit back a bit with 2 banks of 4 & then he took off Sandancer & put Haber right midfield. Nothing wrong with that . The difference today was Hearts had nothing to offer up front.
the difference was because the 2 useless waste of spacers ,,morris and murray davidson were out,,,,,they totally slow the play down...so boring with them,,,tremendous without them..results will change with them 2 back,,,play will be slow..murray will run around stupit!!!! most overrated t*** since beckham!!!!. he should get himself a bird from a pop band cause thats the only way he,ll ever make it,,,

the difference was because the 2 useless waste of spacers ,,morris and murray davidson were out,,,,,they totally slow the play down...so boring with them,,,tremendous without them..results will change with them 2 back,,,play will be slow..murray will run around stupit!!!! most overrated t*** since beckham!!!!. he should get himself a bird from a pop band cause thats the only way he,ll ever make it,,,

Waste of space? I'm not so sure I would use that phrase, but I do tend to agree that we are better going forward without those two. Really enjoying things just now, but you just know it will change when Jody is fit. Hope we keep going forward when he returns. I'm sure we will.

There'll be plenty who would shoot us down for saying things like that, but its how we see it and our opinions are no less valid than anyone else's.

Edited by andrew

I take it your username refers to the number of your brain cells you use when you post?