Plaque at Asda

THE LARK SAINT

Mods-Feel free to move this if you think it's in wrong place

I met three Rotherham fans who were on holiday in Scotland today, i was about to go in Asda front door when one of them approached me and asked if i was a football fan," Aye i said !well im a St.johnstone fan if that counts"!!With a smile he said "Well thats good can i ask you some Questions? He went on to explain that they were trying to cover some Scottish games and had been at the game last night, and were actually fairly impressed with the first half!!!:shock:!Any way they wanted to know if they were at the right place for St.Johnstone's old ground.and were there any land marks?

I went on to say that i thought there had been a wee plaque at the old centre circle but it was covered over when Asda did the extension(can any one confirm this)

Any way i showed them what would have been where to the best of my memories and they left happy , and me with a lingering thought in my mind

Asda's should have some sort of Plaque on the wall to remember Muirton Park for tourists ect

Any one agree?

Any one willing to help me see if we can make this happen?

Or am i just a sentimental old fool ?

There should be a land mark which would be in a position that would have marked the entrance to the main stand. This location would be seen by all drivers on the dunkeld road. Something random like a 20 foot celery stick in bronze could be an idea.

Im not aware of any past land marks or plaques.

Around the same time as Saints moved to McDiarmid, Walsall also moved into a new purpose built stadium after their ground after Morrison's did a similar deal with them as Asda did with Saints. At this time, my mate was living in Walsall so we took the opportunity to visit what was, at the time, the newest stadium in Britain (the Bescot). Also went to Morrison's that week and in the foyer and along the back wall behind the checkouts were various pictures of Walsall's old ground - be nice if Asda would put up some old pictures of Muirton Park. I think I am right in saying that when Asda built their new store they had to do the paint work in blue when their corporate colour is green, although the paitwork is now green.

Around the same time as Saints moved to McDiarmid, Walsall also moved into a new purpose built stadium after their ground after Morrison's did a similar deal with them as Asda did with Saints. At this time, my mate was living in Walsall so we took the opportunity to visit what was, at the time, the newest stadium in Britain (the Bescot). Also went to Morrison's that week and in the foyer and along the back wall behind the checkouts were various pictures of Walsall's old ground - be nice if Asda would put up some old pictures of Muirton Park. I think I am right in saying that when Asda built their new store they had to do the paint work in blue when their corporate colour is green, although the paitwork is now green.

we were always told mcdairmid was the first purpose built stadium by a supermarket ever.geoff does not lie.

Be very careful what we ask for here.

A certain bunch of chancers from down the tay won something there 50 years ago next April and I am sure they will try and mark the occasion. :sad:

It is a bit of an anomaly that there is nothing to mark the fact that we did play there for 65 years.

best get in first then.

Instead of a wall plaque, I would like to see a floor plaque. With some apt inscription.

Either on the center spot, one of the penalty spots or at the entrance to the store.

Would like to see Geoff Brown and Mrs Ormond (if she is still with us) invited along as special guests to unveil it. Should be commisioned by Perth Council and not by the club.