Ormond stand offer!!!!

shireypirey

Unless they were a friend of yours, who would you actually expect would let you take their child to the game? Seriously? I do feel for you with the £21 thing, it's a lot of money for most people but you can't get annoyed at people for not wanting to send their kid to the football with a complete stranger from an internet forum.

My wee girl doesnt want to go to game tomorrow(not feeling well)

does anyone need there kid taken in for free tomorrow??? as ide like to still go

Silly idea coming----can you no take yer bairn down -get in throo the gate -have someone who was going to look after them stand outside -then ask the steward to let the kid out and you watch the game as normal

no i phoned they said no...they would rather get nothing from me and not let me in than take £10 off me a pie bovril and programme!!!

went to jeanfield game instead!!!!

Feel for you,hope the Swifts were ok,sounds like Saints were cutting off their nose to spite their face!

Me and my son were in the Ormand stand with our season tickets and feel Saints are getting some really unfair critisism on this thread. The day was all about letting kids in free rather than it being a cheap day for adults. Sure adults were only ten quid but that was to allow them to bring the kids.

While I have sympathy for the original poster it is a sign of the times Im afraid. Lots of things I cant afford to do with two kids and no pay rises in last couple of years. Can t blame Saints though just cos they re trying to get more fans in and the offer doesnt meet your individual circumstances.

I thought Saints did a lot for the kids yesterday and were just deserving of a bigger crowd.

Me and my son were in the Ormand stand with our season tickets and feel Saints are getting some really unfair critisism on this thread. The day was all about letting kids in free rather than it being a cheap day for adults. Sure adults were only ten quid but that was to allow them to bring the kids.

While I have sympathy for the original poster it is a sign of the times Im afraid. Lots of things I cant afford to do with two kids and no pay rises in last couple of years. Can t blame Saints though just cos they re trying to get more fans in and the offer doesnt meet your individual circumstances.

I thought Saints did a lot for the kids yesterday and were just deserving of a bigger crowd.

Good post,I agree.

I agree also...

Not just St Johnstone,Scottish football in general is far too expensive!!!!

Something will have to give eventually,all SPL clubs are poorly supported except Celtic Rangers and maybe Hearts.

I visit family in Italy 2-3 times a year and i try to go and watch the local team there Atalanta,they are in serie A and you can get in for €12!!!!,i believe in Germany its the same the admission is capped.

I dont believe £20 + is a fair price for what we are watching.

Saints really couldn't do any more yesterday for the family day.

Rock bottom prices to get in

Team in the top 6 playing some fantastic football

Free Posters for the kids

Autographs from Parkin and others

Dennis and Supersaint and free Beanos!!

Yet, we still get a low crowd and you still get people complaining about it being too dear and that the club doesn't do enough.

Ridiculous. Guess some people just like to moan. :roll:

Guess some people just like to moan. :roll:

Correct. And most of it is coming from the apparently holier than thou lot that attend games and stay for 90 minutes. Everyone else is pathetic, ridiculous,terrible, disgraceful and not a real Saints supporter.

Some people should get a grip, start laying off the ott adjectives and have a go at 2011 Britain, Saints PR policy and playing style instead. Giving out a free poster isn't suddenly going to reverse years of terrible club/fans relationships, boring on field performances and free up income, if there is any of course.

We have a small support. Always have, always will, apart from the occasional blips. Having Sam Parkin sign an autograph isn't going to magically bring in an extra 5000, especially when many might be away on holiday with their kids.

Saints made a start. Good on them. But bribing kids is a long term strategy. They need bums on seats now and that means more initiatives aimed at adults combined with good football to watch. The latter is starting. Lets have something for the former.

However, even if we did suddenly increase crowds to 4000 the moaners would still be whinging they should be 5000. Shame on those with a life outwith St Johnstone.

I agree also...

Not just St Johnstone,Scottish football in general is far too expensive!!!!

Something will have to give eventually,all SPL clubs are poorly supported except Celtic Rangers and maybe Hearts.

I visit family in Italy 2-3 times a year and i try to go and watch the local team there Atalanta,they are in serie A and you can get in for €12!!!!,i believe in Germany its the same the admission is capped.

I dont believe £20 + is a fair price for what we are watching.

How dare you spend money on travelling to Italy to see family. You could easily buy season tickets for Saints with that money. You could also not go and watch Atalanta twice and save that money to go to McDiarmid once. Even worse, I bet you leave Saints games 3 minutes before the end when you do bother to attend.

Did you try a money lender to raise funds for yesterday? Did you pawn anything to raise the £21? Did you try a spell of male prostitution? No? Pathetic, ridiculous, terrible, disgraceful. You're not a real supporter you know. :shock:

Even if they gave out free admission the ground would not be any more than half full. People have got out of the habit of going to matches, there are too many competing interests. Good initiative by Saints here but the turn out shows its not all about cost. The product is just not good enough for those used to sitting at home watching Sky Sports.

The crowd in general wasn't great but I actually thought the Ormond initiative Saturday was quite successful and could be something the club could look at extending over a few matches. As it's only open to adults taking kids, most season ticket holders aren't affected by it, the only issue is those parents with kids who have bought tickets for the other stands.

It was great though to see a decent number of home fans behind the goal again, although slightly disappointed there was no "oooooooooing" when Ryan Esson was taking his goal kicks!

Hardly a huge revelation but it's a lot easier to lose fans than win them (back), so it's going to take continued hard work from Saints but I thought Saturday was very much a step in the right direction.

The crowd in general wasn't great but I actually thought the Ormond initiative Saturday was quite successful and could be something the club could look at extending over a few matches. As it's only open to adults taking kids, most season ticket holders aren't affected by it, the only issue is those parents with kids who have bought tickets for the other stands.

It was great though to see a decent number of home fans behind the goal again, although slightly disappointed there was no "oooooooooing" when Ryan Esson was taking his goal kicks!

Hardly a huge revelation but it's a lot easier to lose fans than win them (back), so it's going to take continued hard work from Saints but I thought Saturday was very much a step in the right direction.

I agree.

The crowd was just under 3000 and while you could say that is a poor attendance for a match in the top flight of Scottish football, the game was against bottom of the league side Inverness Caley who have a tiny travelling support and it was right in the middle of the October school holidays in Perth. Saints obviously highlighted this match as one that could potentially see a sub-2000 attendance and to push that attendance up towards 3000 showed that this definitely worked.

However, this sort of thing in isolation is more or less pointless. This really needs to be an on-going thing. I do agree that it's a step in the right direction, but there has to be another step, then another, then another.