MEMORIES OF PERTH 1960s

PETER/BILL

The caps lock hadnt been invented yet

also most forms of punctuation were but a fanciful notion in the mind of a mad grammarian on the cruel russian steppes

everybody died of polio two or three times a day

peter was the short form of bill rather confusingly with harry being the short form of peter and rodrigo being the short form of william

which meant north and south william street were called north and south rodrigo street

anyone remember doctor elementus at the brahan terrace doom fortress he was nine foot tall and regularly menaced us with his planet destroying galacto ray as i remember only archie gemmell saved us from certain disaster

alzheimers was a kind of dog

The caps lock hadnt been invented yet

also most forms of punctuation were but a fanciful notion in the mind of a mad grammarian on the cruel russian steppes

everybody died of polio two or three times a day

peter was the short form of bill rather confusingly with harry being the short form of peter and rodrigo being the short form of william

which meant north and south william street were called north and south rodrigo street

anyone remember doctor elementus at the brahan terrace doom fortress he was nine foot tall and regularly menaced us with his planet destroying galacto ray as i remember only archie gemmell saved us from certain disaster

alzheimers was a kind of dog

you been sniffing aunties pantees again.

slf always wanted me to go to the South Inch Car Park toilets but I never felt comfortable with that.
One time when I wis a laddie I wis at the shows and I really had to use the said facilities but I had spent aw my money, so had to do the stiff legged walk across the Inch and up Scott St to our house at #11 almost made it:roll:

Working on St Columbas School job wie Andy Meiklem, Bobby Graham, then Jacking to go to Wimpeys up Burghmuir, but gettin a whisper aboot a job at the Royal George Hotel ending up going there wie Andy. Beside Andy and I there wis Willie Young the plumber Bobby Kelman the plasterer that come to mind.

We ended up working ghosters and 7 days a week which gave us a total of 120 hours to go hame wie 35 pounds a week hence the decision to come to Canada