Ando for Scotland

NeilSJFC

About bloody time you lot realised how good he is!

It's about time he started showing it!!

No, in all fairness to the guy, he's matured a lot these past 2 seasons and cut out the silly errors. There's no doubt the talent was there. He wouldn't have been kept on the books for so long otherwise. Personally I don't think he was ready to step up to being a regular in the team until last year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we pull up the posts about Anderson from 8 or 9 seasons ago? Maybe even 3 seasons ago? :D

Really delighted for Anderson to have come onto his game in the last season and a half and as someone I would describe as a confidence player, his extended run in the team and playing alongside Duberry for that period of time has developed his game even further. Even in that time he covered Dubes mistakes and is doing the same for Wright.

Seen a few quotes about Slomas being impressed with his attitude and long may the settled back line continue.

When are we opening talks to keep him for next year or so? Testimonial year coming up... I know our ex-chairman was a fan :wink:

Can we pull up the posts about Anderson from 8 or 9 seasons ago? Maybe even 3 seasons ago? :D

Really delighted for Anderson to have come onto his game in the last season and a half and as someone I would describe as a confidence player, his extended run in the team and playing alongside Duberry for that period of time has developed his game even further. Even in that time he covered Dubes mistakes and is doing the same for Wright.

Seen a few quotes about Slomas being impressed with his attitude and long may the settled back line continue.

When are we opening talks to keep him for next year or so? Testimonial year coming up... I know our ex-chairman was a fan :wink:

You'd be more than welcome to. 3 seasons ago he was nowhere near as assured

I've always been a fan of Ando's. I remember at the tail end of season 2006/07 asking Ando why Mr Coyle wouldn't give him a regular starting berth. He just looked at me bemused, smiled and said "I dunno...".

But here we are, over 4 years later and Ando's still with us and arguably our best CH.

He won a few POTY awards last season and deservedly so. He is fulfilling the potential a lot of us knew he had.

Mr Levein. Are you watching? Do you really think Gary Caldwell is the best we have? Really? :shock:

He had bomb scare moments throughout last season, but seems to have completely cut out these concentration lapses from his game, and has been pretty much outstanding for the entire season now. I doubt he'll get a Scotland call up, for the typical reasons, but if you can name me a better centre back from Scotland just now I'll be amazed.

He might of had some bomb scare moments last year. But he was one of are better players last year, plus looks to be keeping it going this season as well.

Mr Levein. Are you watching? Do you really think Gary Caldwell is the best we have? Really? :shock:

Maybe if Ando changed his name to Gary,he'd get a call from Avril,ala Kennet,McKenzie and the aforementioned Caldwell.Three of the least technically proficient players ever to get a call up,(well maybe not Caldwell,he did score against France)

Edited by dave mc

He might of had some bomb scare moments last year. But he was one of are better players last year, plus looks to be keeping it going this season as well.

Every centre half has a. Bombscare.

Englands and chelsea's is the biggest one, has been for years but not according the English press

I've always been a fan of Ando's. I remember at the tail end of season 2006/07 asking Ando why Mr Coyle wouldn't give him a regular starting berth. He just looked at me bemused, smiled and said "I dunno...".

But here we are, over 4 years later and Ando's still with us and arguably our best CH.

He won a few POTY awards last season and deservedly so. He is fulfilling the potential a lot of us knew he had.

Agree with your comments, I also thought there was more to come from him.

Previously he would dive into tackles which would end up in a booking etc., but now seems to stay on his feet and waits for the chance to attack the ball.

He has the pace to catch opponents who may get by him.

On Sat. passed to a team-mate and only lumped the ball when it needed it.

After watching Slowcoach, oh sorry Caldwell, playing for Wigan at the weekend, there is definately a need for a pacy defender in the National team.

Agree - Several seasons ago ANDO played the finish of a season with a nasty ankle/foot injury and I think ancientsaint said that at the time -ANDO has built himself up into the player he is now and YES benefited from someone like |Doobs beside him......But now he is a player in his own right.

Agree - Several seasons ago ANDO played the finish of a season with a nasty ankle/foot injury and I think ancientsaint said that at the time -ANDO has built himself up into the player he is now and YES benefited from someone like |Doobs beside him......But now he is a player in his own right.

At the same time you said that Gary harkins was signing.

Look how that turned out