1 MILLION For davidson

Hubands House

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe lazy journalism,as there was a piece on Murray by Del in the Scottish sun yesterday,saying he was in no hurry to leave Saints and he was level headed regarding all the speculation.As posted already,he could do a great job as midfeld box to box,tackles are almost dangerous,only lacks a bit of polish in the finishing dept.

I'd bite your hand off for a million quid. Good player, with a great attitude, but obvious flaws to his game.

While I agree that a million for Muzz at this stage (and in the current financial climate) would be good business, I struggle to understand why some Saints fans love to point out that he has flaws in his game. Every player has flaws in their game! Even Messi - could hardly be described as the world's best tackler. I suspect we will only realise how good Muzz is when he does eventually leave us. Remember, he is still young and will only get better.

I struggle to understand why some Saints fans love to point out that he has flaws in his game....... I suspect we will only realise how good Muzz is when he does eventually leave us.

Spot on!

I'll give two more realistic and apt examples:

Roy Keane - Fantastic central midfielder. Around about 700 career appearances, only contributed at 70 goals. And that was playing for a team in the main who were hammering teams and winning numerous Premiership titles.

Paul Scholes - One of the worlds greatest ever centre midfielders. Received around 100 yellow and red cards in the Premier League, making him the third most booked player in Premier League history. Also been booked 32 times in the Champions League, more than any other player in the competition. The man couldn't tackle!!

I struggle to understand why some Saints fans love to point out that he has flaws in his game. Every player has flaws in their game! .

I think you do Saints fans a disservice. Who are the ones who watch Muzz week in and week out, who are the ones who know his game best. You use the word "flaws", in reality must of us just egg him on to improve his game in front of goal.

I think you do Saints fans a disservice. Who are the ones who watch Muzz week in and week out, who are the ones who know his game best. You use the word "flaws", in reality must of us just egg him on to improve his game in front of goal.

I did say "some Saints fans". I was replying to a post where the OP was pointing out Muzz had flaws in his game.

Spot on!

I'll give two more realistic and apt examples:

Roy Keane - Fantastic central midfielder. Around about 700 career appearances, only contributed at 70 goals. And that was playing for a team in the main who were hammering teams and winning numerous Premiership titles.

Paul Scholes - One of the worlds greatest ever centre midfielders. Received around 100 yellow and red cards in the Premier League, making him the third most booked player in Premier League history. Also been booked 32 times in the Champions League, more than any other player in the competition. The man couldn't tackle!!

Still interested to hear the reasoning behind your transfer fee claims?

Maybe lazy journalism,as there was a piece on Murray by Del in the Scottish sun yesterday,saying he was in no hurry to leave Saints and he was level headed regarding all the speculation.As posted already,he could do a great job as midfeld box to box,tackles are almost dangerous,only lacks a bit of polish in the finishing dept.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3966094/Del-Davidson-wont-panic-like-I-did.html

Del is a master of the 'no we are not signing him' line but doesn't even hide it in this interview.

Edited by garydavidson

Romours are growing down here that we will be in for your boy in January Saints.

There's a Q and A with Del tonight and I'm sure the question will be asked as both Del and the player seem 'up' for the move.

I hope we don't rape your side as you are going really well but I sense Del has his eye on a couple of your lads.

Fancy Dave Clarkson as we MAY try to use him an any deal?

Can you guys afford him after announcing a plus £10 mil loss last year?

Personally i'd be gutted to see Muzz go but if he was to go anywhere i would like it to be down South and to Bristol City.

Yes we will be able to afford him, I think the board have worked out that spending now will be much better financially in the long run than relegation. He does sound like a carbon copy of our very own Marvin Elliot though so it'd be interesting to see if we do come in for Davidson.

While we are losing money, the cost of relegation from the Championship would be very bad. Our owner is underwriting the debt (essentially we owe it to him) so nothing has changed really. The stadium issue is our financial saviour and Steve Lansdown has pledged to support the club financially until that is open (and afterwards).

With 16 players out of contract next summer plus agreements with Del re transfer money, I have little doubt that we could afford the fee for the player. Lansdown has always said that money is available if a player is better than our current players. In this case it's pretty much up to Del I guess.

Romours are growing down here that we will be in for your boy in January Saints.

There's a Q and A with Del tonight and I'm sure the question will be asked as both Del and the player seem 'up' for the move.

I hope we don't rape your side as you are going really well but I sense Del has his eye on a couple of your lads.

Fancy Dave Clarkson as we MAY try to use him an any deal?

I've never doubted Del would do exactly that. If Del is willing to pay the valuation for Davidson, there's no way we'll turn it down. Same goes for anyone in the squad to be honest.

We'll see what happens, but we're not desperate for cash so there's no way there will be any cut price deals involved.

We'll find out if Steve is a chip off the old block in that scenario. For all Lomas has mentioned 7 figures, I think the chairman might be prepared to accept considerably less!

As much as I'd like Murray to hang about a bit longer, I'd also like to see us getting a reputation like the management one wee seem to have and start bringing on quality players.

A few interesting comments by Del tonight at the Q and A.

We would be mad NOT to look at potential players in Scotland but are looking further afield as well (mentioned Scandinavia) plus he said we would do business 'the right way' so we can assume there would be no tapping up on our part (nice to hear).

The last thing which may be relevant was that he would be after 2 or 3 players in January.

Read into that what you will. All in all, Del was very forthright and genuinely amusing even commenting on his 'Del boy' tag we have given him adding that we already have uncle Albert (Adomah) but we won't be signing Trotter from Millwall.

Loads of stuff about the new stadium and the summer but nothing that's really relevant to your good selves.

I asked him about Davidson afterwards but he just smiled and said something that sounded like 'nae to tell' but I didn't have a translator at hand.

Nice bloke!

EDIT: I forgot one comment, 'Bristol's a lovely place, almost as nice as Scotland'.

Edited by wurzel country

A few interesting comments by Del tonight at the Q and A.

We would be mad NOT to look at potential players in Scotland but are looking further afield as well (mentioned Scandinavia) plus he said we would do business 'the right way' so we can assume there would be no tapping up on our part (nice to hear).

The last thing which may be relevant was that he would be after 2 or 3 players in January.

Read into that what you will. All in all, Del was very forthright and genuinely amusing even commenting on his 'Del boy' tag we have given him adding that we already have uncle Albert (Adomah) but we won't be signing Trotter from Millwall.

Loads of stuff about the new stadium and the summer but nothing that's really relevant to your good selves.

I asked him about Davidson afterwards but he just smiled and said something that sounded like 'nae to tell' but I didn't have a translator at hand.

Nice bloke!

EDIT: I forgot one comment, 'Bristol's a lovely place, almost as nice as Scotland'.

Sorry!!? "we have given him" ?????