Geoff Brown interview

ex-montrosesaintee

His last comment struck a chord with me. All he really wants is fans leaving McDiarmid with a smile on their face after a win. It's always been about that. I wonder how many chairmen could honestly say that after one year, let alone 25. That is where his involvement withSt Johnstone has been so far removed from other chairmen. Its never been about bankrolling a hobby, its been about the club and its loyal supporters, regardless of how few there have been at times.

I find that a pretty admirable attitude relating to anything, let alone something as volatile and unpredicatable as a football club.

Really good interview - and when you think of some of the chairmen he's outlasted and their so-called passions when they just wanted to massage their own egos it shows just how good to the game he's been.

You could not have summed it up better.

As has been said previously, what a great interview.

His philosophy at the beginning of his 25 years was the same as at the end of his 25 years. He has been proven to be correct.

Long live Geoff.

I loved the fact he used that unique and brilliant Perth word "condie"!!

I've used it in Glasgow for years & nobody knows what I'm talking about!!

Can't believe that the 'Toilet Attendant' hasn't noticed the French origins of the word 'conduit' brought to Perth by a bus load of Parisian Saintees who used to come to home games before the 1914 War.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conduit