May out on Loan

supersaint44

was described as a "wonder goal" on BBC.

It was a good strike, a free kick about 25 yards out tapped to him and he hit it hard and low to the bottom corner. I think the Annan keeper will feel he should certainly have stopped it and it seemed to be the bounce just before it reached him that caught him out. I will post the video highlights on here when they are uploaded onto the Alloa site.

Stevie had another good game in what was a really strong team performance from Alloa. As well as the goal he was involved in our best two moves of the second half with the Annan keeper making great saves to deny Docherty and Holmes. Stevie was then through on goal and was taken out by the keeper who was a little fortunate IMO to get away with just a yellow. Annan are the most physical side in our league but May dealt well with whatever treatment he got from their central defenders. Both he and our other young loanee, Kevin McHattie, could be proud of the way they played in what was a testing encounter.

It was a good strike, a free kick about 25 yards out tapped to him and he hit it hard and low to the bottom corner. I think the Annan keeper will feel he should certainly have stopped it and it seemed to be the bounce just before it reached him that caught him out. I will post the video highlights on here when they are uploaded onto the Alloa site.

Stevie had another good game in what was a really strong team performance from Alloa. As well as the goal he was involved in our best two moves of the second half with the Annan keeper making great saves to deny Docherty and Holmes. Stevie was then through on goal and was taken out by the keeper who was a little fortunate IMO to get away with just a yellow. Annan are the most physical side in our league but May dealt well with whatever treatment he got from their central defenders. Both he and our other young loanee, Kevin McHattie, could be proud of the way they played in what was a testing encounter.

Cheers for this mate. I think it's good that Stevie is being tested physically, that's what he needs. And scoring goals can only be good for his confidence.

As promised - albeit with a rather confusing clip from the first half in amongst the second half highlights. Good strike by May, bit further out than I remembered.

Mayso`s loan up next week. Will he return if fran leaves ?. Will Parkin get a game ?. or will we sign Messi ?>

Laughing when the camera slowly pans down for a look at Paul Hartley's crotch.

In fairness it's not often you see the crotch of a former Scotland international at the Recs, the camerman probably just couldn't help having a quick look.

I see Stevie May has tweeted tonight "Extending the loan! Let's get this league wrapped up and a few more goals #barcaofthe3rd". Great news for us if it all goes through. Hope he can keep scoring goals and that the experience will stand him in good stead for having a real crack at establishing himself with Saints after the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Another couple of fine goals by Stevie in last weeks 4-0 win at Stranraer;

http://www.stranraerfc.tv/index.php?start=1

He got another in the last minute against Montrose yesterday. Wasn't at the game but I heard that Stevie (alongwith our other striker Kevin Cawley) took a fair bit of tough treatment but kept going and took his goal very well.

Took a wee trip down to the Recs to see the game tonight. First of all, was really quite impressed with the way Alloa play and would encourage anyone looking to see a chea game (£12) to go and watch them. The artificial pitch means the keep it on the deck and pass it around.

By all accounts, tonights was not May's best game but i thought he played well. He certainlt seems to have bulked up since last season. He got some rough treatment from the Peterhead number 4 (who should have been sent off long before his booking) but he took it all. As well as his goal, which was a smart finish from close range after the keeper spilled a corner, he held the ball up really well and provided an out ball on countless occasions.

He is way above that level, and I think we will be getting a right good player back next season.

Just out of curiosity when Saints loan out a player to a diddy team such as Alloa who does he train with during the week as I presume the bulk of their players must be part time only training a couple of nights a week.Does he train full time with the big boys and just do the guest appearance thing with the Wasps battering goals in as and when he likes?

Just out of curiosity when Saints loan out a player to a diddy team such as Alloa who does he train with during the week as I presume the bulk of their players must be part time only training a couple of nights a week.Does he train full time with the big boys and just do the guest appearance thing with the Wasps battering goals in as and when he likes?

Accoding to his bbc alba interview he trains with both Saints and Alloa

He will train full time with his parent club and train 1 night or possibly 2 with his loan club..........

I asked that very same question last night. It seems like he is training with Saints and the two sessions a week with Alloa, so some days he does two sessions a day.