#22 - 24/12/11 - Dunfermline Athletic 0-3 Saints - SPL

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We started off looking a wee bit nervous, but our demeanour completely changed when the first went in after a decent corner ending with a total howler from their goalie. From then on there realy was only going to be one winner. Great to have the spine of the team back - Fran is a class apart and Jody ran the whole show in midfield. The Pars look stick-ons for the drop I'm afraid. Some neat passing but no penetration whatsoever. Their back line is a nightmare, they simply couldn't cope with Fran and Marcus' strength. A special mention to their "goalkeeper" Chris Smith - utterly hopeless. Seriously, I actually felt sorry for they guy with the stick he was getting from the Saints fans in the second half. :laugh: Our other goals were decent. Great stretch from Fran to mop up a fumble by Smithy-boy after some super running from Marcus for the second, and a lovely unselfish pass from Fran to Liam to finish neatly for the third. There could have been more goals, but our own players kept getting in the way of on target shots for some reason!

MoM for me (apart from the Pars keeper) was probaby David McCracken who had a nice solid game at the back. Mentions to Jody and also Callum for some cracking tackling.

Bring on that prat Shiels.

What a difference today, with Fran and Jody back (although Mooner would have been fine too). Regardless of what Fran does, he seems to bring a confidence to others,,,they know they have a player who can turn a game on the park with them.

Agree with others, once we scored there was only going to be one winner. Several good performances....Liam, Chris, Ando...but Cracks was the stand-out. Great to see him have another solid performance on the back of the Celtic game.

We played well against a poor side and left with the points that we should have been confident of collecting before a ball was kicked. We needed that result and the guys delivered. Onwards and upwards.

Merry Christmas :D:D:D:D COYS

So Dunfermline who are in the bottom of the league bring more home support than Saints,who are currently fourth fighting for third.....duh can some one explain?

As a percentage of our home support, we regularly take a good away support...and the games away from home have been much more entertaining.

There have been a couple of occasions this season (and I think last as well) where there were defo more home fans turned up...and on each occasion Saints have been poor. If we could turn in some quality, exciting home performances then hopefully our home count will rise. That and looking at our price structure (which has been discussed thoroughly on other threads)

On my way home from work a moment ago BBC Scotland sports news big headline"Hearts today move to within 6 points of third place Motherwell".Despite saying we thumped Dumfermline surely it should have merited a mention that we moved to within 5 points of third place,(bloody BBC).

Anyway well done to the lads and all that went.

Great performance. What I saw anyway. Why was there such a delay in getting in? Did they just not expect such a big support? Anyway, fantastic travelling yellow army, nice easy win, merry christmas to us. Thank you Saints :)

Think they were surprised by no of Saints fans - had only a third of stand open to begin with.

What a braw day. Fitba wiznae vintage but we did more than enough and there were a few stand out performances. Crackers was indeed a Christmas Cracker. He was simply OUTSTANDING. Kept his cool wonderfully well and was a fecking rock at the back. After we went 1-0, Liam suddenly came onto his game.. Right through the team I thought we did well although young Muzz's form is a little worrying.. Solid and well deserved 3 points. For the second, I swear Sandazas legs grew as he streched for the ball. I was sure he was getting knowhere near it. His lay of to Craig proves he is more than just a lethal predator.

To the fans. What a brilliant support in numbers today. I don't know for sure but I an pretty confident we had more there today than we had at home for the Dons game. I love ( in a platonic way) our away support and right now would happily play ALL our games away from McD.

As for the Pars.. Brutal honestly says they are dead certs to go down. They knocked the ball about nicely at the start without really looking like they would score but once they went 1 down the heads didn't just drop, they nearly fell off.. The clubs organisation also has to be questioned as when we arrived there was but 1 adult gate open and a queue that would not be out of place on Oxford Street on day 1 of the sales. I did warn the steward lady when we got in that one wee corner of the stand wiznae gonna nearly be enough but she seemed to thing she knew better. The word seemed to be that they were expecting around 200 of us:shock: ( this may have come from Saints, I do not know, but if it did, someone at McD needs there arse kicking) There was always gonna be a strong support our today. We had 2 buses as did the 208, 1 from the MPTC and also another bus ( which was full of the wee neds that let of the ( PINK :oops:)smoke bomb. They were a handful for the stewards today and given that there were no police inside the ground to help them, they got away with pretty much doing what they liked. I will say that the next time they decide to kick MY bus I will ensure the driver stops and old school style, we will pile off and boot there arses ( Saints fans or not) and maybe even bring one onto the bus to entertain us.. You have been warned you ill disciplined little scroats..

Anyway I digress. All in all a braw day, 3 good points and a continuation of our remarkable record on the road. Well done Lomas and his team, Well done to the players and well done to the fans ( well most of em anyway)..

Merry Christmas to you all. COYS:D