A Referendum on Independence

henryhallsdanceband

So as it's in the news today as Mr Cameron is spouting on and I know those on here are a reasonable, thoughtful and balanced cross-section of the Scottish population ...should someone like me who on 16th January will have lived in England for 28yrs be given a vote. Clearly the default position is no - so if not why not? Maybe as an ex-pat I get a different sort of vote. Any thoughts?

So as it's in the news today as Mr Cameron is spouting on and I know those on here are a reasonable, thoughtful and balanced cross-section of the Scottish population ...should someone like me who on 16th January will have lived in England for 28yrs be given a vote. Clearly the default position is no - so if not why not? Maybe as an ex-pat I get a different sort of vote. Any thoughts?

As an Englishman who will this year have lived in Perth for 30 years I have your vote:)

Lets get the vote as soon as possible but ,lets make sure everyone knows the facts. We need to find out for instance whether we will need to reapply to join the EU because if we do, we WILL be forced to accept the Euro as our currency.. and there are quite a few other facts we need to know before any vote takes place..

Then once the population is in reciept of this knowledge, lets get voting and lets sort this pish out once and for all.. Lets tell Alex Salmon to go feck himself and shove his utopian idea of independence right up his glory hole..

And if the people of this country are stupid enough to fall for the SNP spin and vote for total seperation, I look forward in the years to come to telling you all what a bunch of bloody idiots you were as we descend into chaos and bankruptcy..

My hope is though, that there are far more intelligent Scots than morons..:D

Lets get the vote as soon as possible but ,lets make sure everyone knows the facts. We need to find out for instance whether we will need to reapply to join the EU because if we do, we WILL be forced to accept the Euro as our currency.. and there are quite a few other facts we need to know before any vote takes place..

Then once the population is in reciept of this knowledge, lets get voting and lets sort this pish out once and for all.. Lets tell Alex Salmon to go feck himself and shove his utopian idea of independence right up his glory hole..

And if the people of this country are stupid enough to fall for the SNP spin and vote for total seperation, I look forward in the years to come to telling you all what a bunch of bloody idiots you were as we descend into chaos and bankruptcy..

My hope is though, that there are far more intelligent Scots than morons..:D

I bet you have David Cameron posters all over yer bedroom and nip in to spank yer monkey when F isnt looking :wink:

looking at things from the English point of view what have we got that they want? :roll:

I am asking this in that they are always complaining that they subsidize us and yet all 3 English parties want to keep Scotland in the union.

I can understand the Labour parties stand on this as without the Scottish vote they may never get back into power but the Conservatives stand to gain more with Scotland out of the union or is there something they are not telling us.

I fully understand the 2014 reason, it makes sense historically and with the commonwealth games, Ryder cup and possibly a world cup year it could be the perfect year for the SNP to hold a referendum.

The Conservatives are playing right into the SNP's hands but the people who may have the most to lose are the people of Northern Ireland as economically it must rely the most of all the nations on the union and this talk of independence may see a rise in English nationalism.

looking at things from the English point of view what have we got that they want? :roll:

I am asking this in that they are always complaining that they subsidize us and yet all 3 English parties want to keep Scotland in the union.

I can understand the Labour parties stand on this as without the Scottish vote they may never get back into power but the Conservatives stand to gain more with Scotland out of the union or is there something they are not telling us.

Aye....Here is your answer madrid.

But Ssssh don,t let the cat out o the bag..!!!!:wink: