#26 - 21/01/12 - Hibs 2-3 Saints - SPL

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

I agree with everything they said, I thought at the time it was a definite penalty and think the cameras showed that.

Missed the comment re Ando being a thug? Robson was pretty objective on Sandaza's goal, he said it was a great finish but Hanlon shouldn't have let him turn. My only issue with that is Fran's ability and reading of the game is far superior to Hanlon. He clearly outsmarted him, wasn't so much poor defending as great attacking play.

Hibs should rightly be upset about the defending at Craig's goal.

Genuinely didn't see any bias tonight :neutral:

Wow!

I agree with everything they said, I thought at the time it was a definite penalty and think the cameras showed that.

Missed the comment re Ando being a thug? Robson was pretty objective on Sandaza's goal, he said it was a great finish but Hanlon shouldn't have let him turn. My only issue with that is Fran's ability and reading of the game is far superior to Hanlon. He clearly outsmarted him, wasn't so much poor defending as great attacking play.

Dont be too shocked, this "they are against us" attitude is rife in football, especially Scotland at the moment. Tribalism and blue tinted glasses.

Lee Croft looks a cracking good signing. All the goals were brilliant and well taken and I believeve that if Hibs had played a lesser tam on the day they would have got a result. Liam was terrific too, having had three great attempts just before his goal he was ntid to that goal. Got to give the Hibs stewards etc. credit for allowing one of the great aspects of football to express itslf - CELEBRATION! Used to be normal and important in the generation of crowds.

Saints had most of the game in terms of possesio ad attack and Sandaza was brilliant as usual and Jody was quietly brilliant and involvd. Good to see Cillian coming on and doing what he is good at, holding the ball up which in this cas was to run the clock down and not brining in other players as he usually does.

Could someone telll me why Croft got got booked, it looked an ok tackle on the ground. Why was the penalty given against us? I am bias.

Wow!

I think its the difference between the other games.Scott Browns was a fantastic strike yet he was standing all alone at the edge of the box.Sandaza made the goal with his touch and I dont think anyone expected him to shoot with his back to goal.Everytime I watch it,I think how did he manage to get his foot round the ball.Goal of the season by a country mile.

I think its the difference between the other games.Scott Browns was a fantastic strike yet he was standing all alone at the edge of the box.Sandaza made the goal with his touch and I dont think anyone expected him to shoot with his back to goal.Everytime I watch it,I think how did he manage to get his foot round the ball.Goal of the season by a country mile.

Actually thought it was Drogba-esque. A very tough goal to score, requires a vast array of skills, techniques and strength but also vision and awareness as well as instinctiveness.

If Torres, Drogba or Rooney had scored it, Lineker and Hansen would have been heaping praise on his striking credentials.

I honestly thought the ball trundled into the net past the keeper. Some young thugs standing up infront of me at the time. The power he got on it too, rifled into the net. Scenes of carnage after it :D

Actually thought it was Drogba-esque. A very tough goal to score, requires a vast array of skills, techniques and strength but also vision and awareness as well as instinctiveness.

If Torres, Drogba or Rooney had scored it, Lineker and Hansen would have been heaping praise on his striking credentials.

Like that would happen :razz:

seen it on the live stream, looked a definate yellow, i think the adrenilin took over
I thought it was just one foot on the live stream but I think he was really lucky.The highlights were pish.How many times did we have 2 on 1 situations on Saturday ripping the Hibs defence apart and only showed 2 of them.

If they could get their c*cks out of their hands, and Lawrenson could stop gulping from his jug of gin under the desk. It shocks me that the country is in such a state, and yet these cretins retain such lucrative employment.

Back on topic :wink: I though it was an excellent goal, and a pretty difficult one to take. A lot of power and accuracy considering he had to hold the defender off and tur 180 degrees. Not very many SPL players could have scored that goal.

Normally we take quite a bit more to Easter Road than we did yesterday but I really think it was a simple thing yesterday of people being short of cash. Our bus for Hearts is already nearly full and it is no coincidence that that is after monthly payday. Yesterday we had only 20 on the bus.

Previous Hearts game ( where we also had a great support) was 3rd of December..... again very close to payday.

Cheers, makes sense. Maybe Tynecastle always just seems a bit fuller as well due to type of stand/stadium.

Has to be said that away games are much more enjoyable these days than home games.

Lee Croft looks a cracking good signing. All the goals were brilliant and well taken and I believeve that if Hibs had played a lesser tam on the day they would have got a result. Liam was terrific too, having had three great attempts just before his goal he was ntid to that goal. Got to give the Hibs stewards etc. credit for allowing one of the great aspects of football to express itslf - CELEBRATION! Used to be normal and important in the generation of crowds.

Saints had most of the game in terms of possesio ad attack and Sandaza was brilliant as usual and Jody was quietly brilliant and involvd. Good to see Cillian coming on and doing what he is good at, holding the ball up which in this cas was to run the clock down and not brining in other players as he usually does.

Could someone telll me why Croft got got booked, it looked an ok tackle on the ground. Why was the penalty given against us? I am bias.

To be fair I think Crofts was a booking although some of the media think it was a red.

At the time & after seeing the pen on Alba I didn`t think it was a pen but after seeing it on Sportscene I think Ando did put his arm round Freiks kneck giving the ref the oppertunity to give pen.

To be fair I think Crofts was a booking although some of the media think it was a red.

At the time & after seeing the pen on Alba I didn`t think it was a pen but after seeing it on Sportscene I think Ando did put his arm round Freiks kneck giving the ref the oppertunity to give pen.

My feelings re the penalty too. I have seen players get red for the type of tackle that Croft put in, but that is a reflection on the blanket guidelines in place for 'two-footed' tackles. Referees should be allowed to decide whether there was any malice in the tackle or not and give an apprpriate card.

Croft seemed to lead with one foot, and the other slipped forward bringing it into a two footed tackle. It was low though and not off the ground...obviously delighted that the ref seemed to take this into account and made what I think was a good decision to just book him

During the warm up I was watching croft hit shots from outside the box, around 6 players taking part in this warm up. Every one he hit was buried into the net, not just blasted in but was hit with pace round the keeper.

He never missed the target.

It's just a pity they couldn't all do that eh Ghostie. :wink:

During the warm up I was watching croft hit shots from outside the box, around 6 players taking part in this warm up. Every one he hit was buried into the net, not just blasted in but was hit with pace round the keeper.

He never missed the target.

It's just a pity they couldn't all do that eh Ghostie. :wink:

Sheridan couldnae hit a coo in the erse with a banjo.. He could however hit a ghoul on the chest with a cannonball.. You'll be disappointed to know it didnae hurt..:laugh::wink: