Dalyano's

Dr Christmas Jones

has now been taken over by the same family that own Aladdin's up the western edge.Thats now three carry-out restaurants the family have including the Chili Pepper on Edinburgh Rd and also the wholesale unit in Inveralmond.

Word on the street is they have taken over an establishment in Sth Methven St. and opening a new high class bar/restaurant across from Copperfield's.

i got a ruby from a curry shop in perth last thursday.its the worst curry i have ever had.even worse than the korma i got at the shalimar in 1986 .i would name the fecker but i better no. i am no a fan of alladins but it wasnt them .

abdul at the himalaya is still the top curry man though.noone can beat the wee mans madras ya bass.

has now been taken over by the same family that own Aladdin's up the western edge.Thats now three carry-out restaurants the family have including the Chili Pepper on Edinburgh Rd and also the wholesale unit in Inveralmond.

Word on the street is they have taken over an establishment in Sth Methven St. and opening a new high class bar/restaurant across from Copperfield's.

Is that the same family that in 2008 were involved in having loads of illegal immigrants working for them?

Was filmed on Grampian TV and they all went running out the back doors.

abdul at the himalaya is still the top curry man though.noone can beat the wee mans madras ya bass.

Dalyano's used to be no bad years back when it first opened but had stuff more recently and it was tastless rubbish.

Agree about the Himalaya. Place looks a total cowp but the food is quality. Prawn Madras out there is doss.

I've always called him Hassan. Been going there 25yr and the place hasnt changed much at all. Was done for slugs in kitchen 20yr ago but still hasnt put me off. He knows what I want as soon as I enter the place. Cant beat a really hot chefs special. Wish he would deliver properly rather than stick it in a taxi though. Great place!!!

If the bar's across from copperfields & is the old littlejohns place it doesn't need much done inside. Was refitted couple year back but didn't open. Looks good like.

If its the one with the wooden shuttering round it, there was a problem with the contractors who went bust.

New contractors could not get certificates for work carried out by first mob.

Has remained in limbo since.

I've always called him Hassan. Been going there 25yr and the place hasnt changed much at all. Was done for slugs in kitchen 20yr ago but still hasnt put me off. He knows what I want as soon as I enter the place. Cant beat a really hot chefs special. Wish he would deliver properly rather than stick it in a taxi though. Great place!!!

Opened in 1981, thats 40 years of great cooking. It is a different taste from any other curry house in Perth. The chefs special is fab and the portions are huge. Back in 81 some of his currys cost £1.60 .Top curry king I hope he keeps going.

Opened in 1981, thats 40 years of great cooking. It is a different taste from any other curry house in Perth. The chefs special is fab and the portions are huge. Back in 81 some of his currys cost £1.60 .Top curry king I hope he keeps going.

Christ Ginger the years have gone fast enough without looseing another ten.

I am sure i went to it when it was the far east in the 70s:laugh:

Great Rissole supper after the strand.

Christ Ginger the years have gone fast enough without looseing another ten.

I am sure i went to it when it was the far east in the 70s:laugh:

Great Rissole supper after the strand.

Lets hope he does make it another 10. I had forgotten it was a carry out prior to 81, thanks for the memory.Preffered the sally to the strand, some wild nights in the sally in the 70's.I remember when they brought in the plastic pint glases because there was so much trouble in there,not me of course.

Anybody on here into making their own curries? I usually make a Madras but I'm going to be making a chicken vindaloo later today. Not saying I don't trust the restaurants but making it yourself you know exactly what's in it plus you get the satisfaction of knowing you've made it and you can tailor it to your own tastes strength wise. I like to go a bit hotter than whatever the recipe says.