Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If they won them with an illegal advantage like not paying players legally then they should be treated as cheats. Drug cheats lose what they won whilst cheating.

Why shouldn't they.

I think you will find that EBTs Emloyment Benefit Trusts are perfectly legal and are used widely in many industries not just football.

Rangers under Murray used these in good faith after being advised by a very prominent accountancy firm in the city.

Accounts were published every year and AGMs held on time, so everything was very transparent.

It was a loophole to minimise tax repayments and was not tax evasion, but tax avoidance ( big distinction).

HMRC are now feverishly trying to close these loopholes in ALL Industries and this is seen as a very high level and high profile test case, with several Premiership or ex Premiership clubs watching very nervously.

All this clamour to take titles away for overspending to their advantage, how about Man U being £700m in debt and Chelsea regularly losing over £100m every year. Does this mean that they should be stripped of titles because they have an unfair advantage?

OK, Then you go on about cyclists being stripped of titles for cheating.....

How about Marseille in 1993 being found guilty of bribery. Does that mean that AC Milan and Rangers should now be recognised as Vice Champions League holders for 1993, After all Marseille went through against Rangers effectively in the Semi Final and were subsequently found to have bribed refs and officials to win the French league in qualifying for the CL.

Sorry Joe, I dont think your argument holds any weight. Even Alan Stubbs ex Celtic came out and said the Celtic just werent good enough, as did John Brown of Rangers when asked about Marseille.

I think you will find that EBTs Emloyment Benefit Trusts are perfectly legal and are used widely in many industries not just football.

Rangers under Murray used these in good faith after being advised by a very prominent accountancy firm in the city.

Accounts were published every year and AGMs held on time, so everything was very transparent.

It was a loophole to minimise tax repayments and was not tax evasion, but tax avoidance ( big distinction).

HMRC are now feverishly trying to close these loopholes in ALL Industries and this is seen as a very high level and high profile test case, with several Premiership or ex Premiership clubs watching very nervously.

All this clamour to take titles away for overspending to their advantage, how about Man U being £700m in debt and Chelsea regularly losing over £100m every year. Does this mean that they should be stripped of titles because they have an unfair advantage?

How about Marseille in 1993 being found guilty of bribery. Does that mean that AC Milan and Rangers should now be recognised as Vice Champions League holders for 1993, After all Marseille went through against Rangers effectively in the Semi Final and were subsequently found to have bribed refs and officials to win the French league in qualifying for the CL.

Sorry Joe, I dont think your argument holds any weight. Even Alan Stubbs ex Celtic came out and said the Celtic just werent good enough, as did John Brown of Rangers when asked about Marseille.

It`s not the ETB`s that are the problem it is the £9million unpaid tax & vat. The staff have had the tax taken from their wages but it & the vat have been unlawfully withheld. Lester Piggot got jailed for £1.5 million. I would expect Whyte to suffer the same penalty.

It`s not the ETB`s that are the problem it is the £9million unpaid tax & vat. The staff have had the tax taken from their wages but it & the vat have been unlawfully withheld. Lester Piggot got jailed for £1.5 million. I would expect Whyte to suffer the same penalty.

Yes but if you are talking about cheating and rescinding titles, Rangers haven't won any in the £9 million period. Henry Hall is defending the right to keep the tittles they won previously during the EBT period.

Was Whyte not in charge when they won last seasons title.

I believe his takeover started weeks before the end of the season, and he had the cheek to go onto the pitch and lift the title.

Guys a con man pure and simple. Yet there are guys still defending him saying its part of a bigger plan.

If you or I miss our tax by a week or 2 then I am sure the taxman would hound us.

Nine months? FFS

That was common knowledge at the time. Pretty sure Rangers were due a fee after a certain number of games. He got a game away from that and never played another game for quite a while.

I'm pretty sure he was on a huge wage. £30-40k a week or something along those lines. Did he not spend 2-3 years out injured too!!

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Stunned that Rangers (including the administrators) are considering appealing the SPL's block of Cousin signing. They stated last week that redundancies were inevitable yet they are still trying to push this through? Incredible.

Its not about awarding the titles to anyone else, that won't happen, but stripping Rangers of their trophies is reasonable.

In the eyes of the law ignorance is no defence, and NEVER IS! If Rangers were signing world class players and not properly funding the deals then the trophies they won should be voided. The SFA should strip them of the 5 Scottish cups, and expel them from the competition for say......9 years (the nine in which they failed to properly fund their playing staff). The SPL should similarly strip Rangers of the 4 titles they won and declare those years void and ban them from the SPL for...say....9 years. The SFL should strip Rangers of the 3 league cups they won and ban them for.....9 seasons. Its only fair.

This should of course suit Rangers who have long made it clear that they consider Scottish fooball and anvil round their necks...and they wish to play in some other league...off yous pop then! after all it is what they want, we should stop holding them back, and allow them to flourish as a global brand instead of remaining here entombed in perpituity, subsidising Scottish football.

All this of course predates Mr Whyte, as we are still waiting for the adjudication on the tax bills from 2001-2010. The conduct of this carpet bagger should also carry punishment, greater than a mere 10 point penalty....

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid.

:D

rangers have released a new dvd 1872/2012 sashes to ashes the history of rangers :laugh::laugh:

ranges have announced today that all games will now be shown on the history channel:laugh::laugh: