Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stewart Regan has closed his twitter account

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TBH I think that serious grown up people in senior positions in companies/business shouldn't be seen to be tweeting - it's a rather infantile method of communication. Fine if you want to tell me you are having a tuna and mayo sandwich for lunch (as if I actually care!) - but nothing more than that level of stuff should get within a mile of Twitter.

TBH I think that serious grown up people in senior positions in companies/business shouldn't be seen to be tweeting - it's a rather infantile method of communication. Fine if you want to tell me you are having a tuna and mayo sandwich for lunch (as if I actually care!) - but nothing more than that level of stuff should get within a mile of Twitter.

Agreed. It is too instantanious and once it's out there you've got to live and die by it. People seem to lose their sense of what is appropriate or not when tweeting, or twittering or whatever the **** it is called

You are another one who wants their cake and eat it.Please dont call me a Rangers apologist again. If Gers are now finished and we cant call them that how can we now expect the "newco" to be bound by the old cllubs problems.We need to get on with football.Either the Govanites are dead and buried or they are not. COYS

I will make it simple for you. They want the old clubs licence. If they applied again they wouldn't get the licence as they dont have three years audited accounts. If they take transfer of licence then they take the punishments.

It could be argued they have been let off because as a new company they should have applied to join SFL 3 where they should have been a vacancy.

Sevco accept transfer embargo,but for some reason,they've got 6 weeks until it comes in,therefore giving them time to sign plenty "frees" to tide them through the third and second divisions,laughable in the extreme!!Campbell Ogilvie looking after his favourite team

When is a ban not a ban.

Newco`still being called Rangers in the media` have accepted a signing ban in return for entry to the SFL. BUT the ban does not start til end of August.

They were always going to be called Rangers or some version there of, and even if they have 2012 stuck on the end or Govan in front of it, it would just get contracted to Rangers.

Sevco accept transfer embargo,but for some reason,they've got 6 weeks until it comes in,therefore giving them time to sign plenty "frees" to tide them through the third and second divisions,laughable in the extreme!!Campbell Ogilvie looking after his favourite team

don't know how they managed that one. the transfer ban runs from sept 1 to aug 31. total cop out by the sfa. nteresting to see ho theygo after now.

don't know how they managed that one. the transfer ban runs from sept 1 to aug 31. total cop out by the sfa. nteresting to see ho theygo after now.

........ Yes but in a way it knackers them completely for next season more because the season will be a month old before they can acquire a player I think.

I still think their name should change because they will be associated with the disaster that was Rangers and all the stuff that is about to come out and they won't be perceived as a new entity which they are whatever they think.

You would imagine they will sign players good enough to get them promotion from the third and second over the next two years. That way the ban will have little real effect. I'd imagine they would be able to attract the better first division players quite easily in terms of wages and potential fees.

Read this morning that any sanctions have to be agreed with the SPL. Not sure why that should be now that they are an SFL club. SPL already sanctioned them by bouncing them out of the league.

Also read that the SPL want some sort of share of the new Rangers media rights in the third....that does smack of some cheek :laugh:

And then, of course, there is the little matter of the EBTs.

I see Gough is training with Newco. He is probably the only type of player they could afford.

Who next ?,i think Goram,the German guy, Gazza & a few others would play for them & if McCoist lost a couple of stone he could probably play as well.Durie may even give up his managers job to play for them.

Any others ?.

When is a ban not a ban.

Newco`still being called Rangers in the media` have accepted a signing ban in return for entry to the SFL. BUT the ban does not start til end of August.

Absolutely infuriating the way they're now going on about "accepting" sanctions, as if they think it shows them to be somehow gracious and co-operative. Since when did a cheating body have the right to choose whether or not to "accept" its punishment? Take what's given to you or bugger off, Sevco.

Oh, and hand the trophies back. Sevco didn't win them and have no right to keep or display them.

Rangers might be dead, but their arrogance live on.

.....Er now looks like thay aren't accepting sanctions Ally McCoist walked out of meeting and is disagreeing with the transfer embargo.

The daftest thing they did was to reject the transfer embargo in the courts back in May because now it's just caused them to have two summers without a signing instead of the embargo being over next May. They've done a lot of daft things right enough.

.....Er now looks like thay aren't accepting sanctions Ally McCoist walked out of meeting and is disagreeing with the transfer embargo.

this i don't get.. i would think that the people speaking to the SFA would carry on regardless of mccoist walking out.

personally i think it will get sorted out next week and mccoist will have to like it or lump it. he is only the manager.

part of me thinks that he is setting up his exit. he can't work with the owners as they have different ideas blah blah blah

It ain't subsiding:

<B> Rangers' SFA membership hopes hanging in the balance </B>

By Chris McLaughlin Senior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland

A stand-off over media rights and a possible stripping of titles threatens to scupper Rangers' hopes of Scottish Football Association membership.

The SFA said on Friday that the new Rangers agreed to a transfer embargo in return for a license to play.

BBC Scotland understands two obstacles remain before a deal can be agreed.

Rangers want the Scottish Premier League to drop their investigation into dual contracts and the SPL want the SFL to hand over Rangers' media rights.

There must be a five-way agreement between the SFA, SPL, Scottish Football League, old Rangers and new Rangers before any deal is ratified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18941515