Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think these mercaneries should be glad they are at such a big club. Should be taking a 50% cut. Selfish bandits.

McCoist and the Board are totally to blame for their wage bill. It should be a fraction of what it is. All they needed to do was to win the league, not win it by miles. They could have done that with a mixture of their own youth and some experience, seasoned pro's on average wages.

The Rangers support, being a bunch of knobs, wouldn't accept that though. They still think they are billy big shots and want to see 'stars' in their team, regardless of the continued damage it does to the club.

McCoist and the Board are totally to blame for their wage bill. It should be a fraction of what it is. All they needed to do was to win the league, not win it by miles. They could have done that with a mixture of their own youth and some experience, seasoned pro's on average wages.

The Rangers support, being a bunch of knobs, wouldn't accept that though. They still think they are billy big shots and want to see 'stars' in their team, regardless of the continued damage it does to the club.

Turns out Fat Sally didnae take his much vaunted pay cut until just recently despite it being announced a while ago :)

Turns out Fat Sally didnae take his much vaunted pay cut until just recently despite it being announced a while ago :)

I read that into it too.  Astonishing stuff really.  

Hollywood had better watch out.  There is a better and longer film franchise to come out of this than Harry Potter. The 5 year slow death of Rangers football club, with lashings of scandal, and about 260 villains.

56 professionals, more than Celtic and many on big wages. It just shows one thing to me; they fear failure more than they desire success. A well run club in their situation would get just enough good players to carry them through with minimal if any bench warmers. of course they would then need a coach as well. But I suppose now that the Easdales are on board they could provide one of those

:laugh:  :laugh: 

Think these mercaneries should be glad they are at such a big club. Should be taking a 50% cut. Selfish bandits.

It's hardly the players' faults. The club should never have offered them such wildly inflated terms if they weren't able to fund them. Those mercenaries have been given contracts in good faith and are perfectly entitled to want to see them honoured. The Rangers could easily have assembled a team of good quality lower league players and coaches, at a realistic fee, and still progressed up through the leagues. Any decent manager would have still taken them up the leagues with that fanbase and those resources, but they chose to make a public show of chucking cash around to try to prove to the world that they're still "the mighty Rangers". The real mistake those players made was believing, for even a second, that The Rangers would ever act honourably towards them.

New club, same cheating.

It's hardly the players' faults. The club should never have offered them such wildly inflated terms if they weren't able to fund them. Those mercenaries have been given contracts in good faith and are perfectly entitled to want to see them honoured. The Rangers could easily have assembled a team of good quality lower league players and coaches, at a realistic fee, and still progressed up through the leagues. Any decent manager would have still taken them up the leagues with that fanbase and those resources, but they chose to make a public show of chucking cash around to try to prove to the world that they're still "the mighty Rangers". The real mistake those players made was believing, for even a second, that The Rangers would ever act honourably towards them.

New club, same cheating.

Agree with every word. My post was sarcasm.

It just makes the remarks of Regan earlier this week to be even more unsuitable.

How can he be in charge of a professional body who wants a team living out of its means up in the top league for 'the good of our game'? He surly can't be part of any ruling on them from this point forward?

Scottish football does not need a certain club to be strong or even two certain clubs, what it needs is a structure that allows a number of clubs to be strong and to compete in a fairly level playing field. I don't mind a bumpy pitch but not one that has an inbuilt bias mechanism.

Can't blame the Rangers players for saying no.  These are guys who in the main were earning average to good SPL salaries until Rangers came along and offered them money they had only dreamed about.  Most will have taken on commitments to match and have only had the benefit of Ally's largess for 6 to 18 months at most.  

Whoever thought this ploy up must be a real genius, now everyone knows the only remaining option is to sell a few players (few being the operative word since apart from Wallace who have they got to sell) and any fee on offer will have gone down by a lot more than 15%.  Is this perhaps what they are paying their latest financial consultant £5k a day for?

Meanwhile large tranches of shares, 400,000 today, continue to be sold.  Not usually a good sign.

What about "I don't do walking away" Ally?  His walking is clearly not into the dressing room to impart bad news, that he leaves to McCulloch while he continues to sook in with the fans.  "Don't blame me, I have a fair idea who to blame but I'm no saying".  Also, what proof is there that he is taking a 50% wage cut?  That was just a figure mentioned in the Daily Ranger some months ago and repeated so often that everyone now thinks it is a fact.  You can bet that whatever he has agreed to will include an agreement to get him back to his starting figure as soon as possible.

15% pay cut? I wonder how many of the current board have offered to take a cut on their wage & bonus? Summed the situation when the FD got a £200k for winning the bottom league last season...he didnt take it under pressure, but still.

At this rate, I'd be surprised if they survive to get back to the Premier.

15% pay cut? I wonder how many of the current board have offered to take a cut on their wage & bonus? Summed the situation when the FD got a £200k for winning the bottom league last season...he didnt take it under pressure, but still.

At this rate, I'd be surprised if they survive to get back to the Premier.

I think he means 15% off the sale price of the players.

And their F.D. did take the bonus but was shamed into handing back, if no one had said anything he would have kept it.

Would any of the big earners take a drop in wage to take a safe job ?

The board will be looking tp offload a few this window. Would we want any?

Just wondering.... who are these big earners? Sally and his retinue?

The Board have to do something to conserve cash for next season as they haven't sold season tickets for that......yet. And thanks to Larky's earlier link, the "people" are getting frightened...well some of them  :rolleyes: The share price reflect this fear and cannot be wished away by the Daily Retard acolytes.

Coming soon to a football club in Glasgow....ADMINISTRATION....The Sequel

At least we wont be taken in this time about threats that the sky will collapse for Scots football - assuming we ever were.

At least we wont be taken in this time about threats that the sky will collapse for Scots football - assuming we ever were.

----------------

As I remember it, we weren't taken in the last time - hence the threat of ST boycott.

However, a similar course of action may be required again this year as there are sure to be moves, by the SFA/SFPL in the pipeline for the forthcoming event. Note the introduction of a rule which automatically sends a club entering administration down a league. This will be introduced after SEVCO has probably entered admin, but... not in time to apply to them.

Why was nothing reported by the media upon the SFL meeting last Monday. Nothing important was discussed maybe.... 

----------------

As I remember it, we weren't taken in the last time - hence the threat of ST boycott.

However, a similar course of action may be required again this year as there are sure to be moves, by the SFA/SFPL in the pipeline for the forthcoming event. Note the introduction of a rule which automatically sends a club entering administration down a league. This will be introduced after SEVCO has probably entered admin, but... not in time to apply to them.

Why was nothing reported by the media upon the SFL meeting last Monday. Nothing important was discussed maybe.... 

So as not to attract unwanted attention to what you already noticed?