Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This, together with normal revenues will probably be enough to see them through until season tickets renewed and other cost rationalisation occurs. The issue that would concern me if I were a RFC fan is that the loan will not be repaid but converted to equity thus giving the easdales a tighter grip on the business. they might be rich men by normal standards but they sure are not mega rich and they haven't exactly built a stagecoach type operation with their core business ie no real signs of their skills at repairing and growing sick businesses and when the going gets tough, and it will when they need further investment to compete with celtic what will they do? Interesting times ahead!!

£1.5 Mil loan from Easdale & hedge fund.Is this to pay this months wages or keep them going until they get season ticket sales ?.

Admin 2 or liquidation ?.

They don't say, but I'd assume it is to pay just this months wages and they wil limp to season ticket sales.

Bit of a decision for the rangers 'fans' though. Do they pour more money in thru season tickets knowing that it will still probably end up in admin or do they force the issue and take their chances by withholding their dough?

In my opinion, if they go into admin, they should be put right back down to 3rd and forced to be run properly and if they go bust again, never allowed back in.

In my opinion, if they go into admin, they should be put right back down to 3rd and forced to be run properly and if they go bust again, never allowed back in.

Sounds good to me, but alas it will not happen.

As they are already many points clear, a points deduction this season won't do very much.  Better to struggle on a bit more and be in administration in the next division.

They don't say, but I'd assume it is to pay just this months wages and they wil limp to season ticket sales.

Bit of a decision for the rangers 'fans' though. Do they pour more money in thru season tickets knowing that it will still probably end up in admin or do they force the issue and take their chances by withholding their dough?

I believe SPFL have scrapped automatic demotion.Must have good idea what was happening at ibrox(Why do they still own Ibrox & Murray Park when IR bill was not paid)

I wasn't going to get involved in this anymore - I should stop reading this thread. :laugh:

Because Charlie boy bought it off the administrators (who were appointed by CW and himself) for 5.5m. Now, the fact that HMRC and the creditors were shafted... but hey we've been through all this before.

Amongst all the chat about potential SFA or SPFL rule changes we are overlooking the most important rule of all.

“If any other rule adversely affects the financial situation or the ability of any ‘club’ based in Ibrox to proceed unhindered back to the pinnacle of Scottish football, where they rightly belong, then that rule will be ignored, broken, rewritten or otherwise disregarded even if this is to the detriment of all of the other clubs playing in Scotland and to Scottish football as a whole” [Copyright acknowledged TSFM]

So... there you are it's... As you were folks.

Edited by Indicator

Some further thoughts.  I am inclined to think that this £1.5 m loan (?? it actually sounds like a purchase of shares, probably on preferential terms, in advance of a coming issue thus tightening the grip these investors have on the company) is not for this months problems as some have suggested.  More likely this is the sum Wallace has calculated is required to top the remaining funds up so they can keep going until the season ticket money starts to come in.

This then begs a few questions

1.  How much of an increase does Wallace think he can get away with charging?

2.  Will the fans be given any other details of his famous 120 day review before they are asked to stump up?

3.  What will Super Ally be wheeled out to say this year to encourage the said stumping up?

This should confuse a The The fan:

"The club says everything is ok, and a rangers man with money says its not ok, don't understand, how can this be, tell me what to think, my brain can't get round it, should I buy a season ticket? Don't know, don't know, please tell me what to think........."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26358424

"It is correct that any club must, over the long term, operate within its means, but in the short term, Rangers needs a significant once-off financial boost that cannot be met from the current revenue stream," said the former director.

"Without this, we will not get back to where we should be."

King thought that "right-sizing" the club would hand many more titles to Glasgow rivals Celtic even once Rangers return to the top flight.

"If we cut our costs to suit our present income, we will remain a small club and Celtic will shoot through 10 in a row - and beyond - while we slug it out for the minor places," he said.

I sincerely hope they go belly up proper if that's the attitude.

"It is correct that any club must, over the long term, operate within its means, but in the short term, Rangers needs a significant once-off financial boost that cannot be met from the current revenue stream," said the former director.

King thought that "right-sizing" the club would hand many more titles to Glasgow rivals Celtic even once Rangers return to the top flight.

"If we cut our costs to suit our present income, we will remain a small club and Celtic will shoot through 10 in a row - and beyond - while we slug it out for the minor places," he said.

Back where they should be ?.

I might ,just might have had a wee bit respect for them if they had just got on with it in the 3rd & used the young guys that they had on the books who should have been good enough to see them out of that devision. Instead they decided that the usual rules of economics did not apply to the & bought SPL players on excessive SPL wages.

So I will be happy to see them crash & burn.

Back where they should be ?.

I might ,just might have had a wee bit respect for them if they had just got on with it in the 3rd & used the young guys that they had on the books who should have been good enough to see them out of that devision. Instead they decided that the usual rules of economics did not apply to the & bought SPL players on excessive SPL wages.

So I will be happy to see them crash & burn.

It would seem like they are starting the process already of looking for other people to blame. A slight hint that it is Celtic's fault for winning things while THE THE are out of the picture and at some point no doubt they will blame all other SPFL teams for not preventing Celtic winning the league and therefore having to put themself in financial shit just to be the saviours of Scottish football.

Fannies...each and every person associated with that club...total bunch of fannies

I should know better by now, but their sheer arrogance never fails to surprise me. Why do they think they're so unique that it's their duty to outspend everyone else so they can compete with Celtic? What's so special about them that makes it ok for them to behave this way, but not for every other club. I'd like Saints to challenge for the league too, but if it's not within your club's means then you just need to suck it up and accept that it won't happen. If every other club can do it, why can't they?

Really quite tragic and pathetic to see the way they openly define their whole shape and existence by what another club in another league are doing. We should all be delighted, relieved and proud of the fact that Saints will never be like that.