Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One forces o darkness fan I work with thinks there is nothing wrong with going in to administration again!? Clear their debt again!? They still think they have been punished!? No one seems to mention in the press that their is still an HMRC matter of unpaid tax!? FFS their arrogance knows no bounds?!

Not impossible, Dundee have done it twice and got off.

The money raised for their proposed share issue would have been better put towards building a block of buy to let flats on the Ibrox ground. (Just like Highbury) and get The The to groundshare with St Madden.

One forces o darkness fan I work with thinks there is nothing wrong with going in to administration again!? Clear their debt again!? They still think they have been punished!? No one seems to mention in the press that their is still an HMRC matter of unpaid tax!? FFS their arrogance knows no bounds?!

The biggest problem with this and I am fed up of the media repeating it is - The Rangers have never been in Administration so how can they go into it again? Glasgow Rangers went into Liquidation which is entirely different and no longer exist.

The biggest problem with this and I am fed up of the media repeating it is - The Rangers have never been in Administration so how can they go into it again? Glasgow Rangers went into Liquidation which is entirely different and no longer exist.

They did go into administration first, but when HMRC stated they would not enter into a Company Voluntary Arrangement, then liquidation was the only option.  HMRC wanted ALL the money due to them, and wouldn't accept an agreement for a small percentage, which would be the only way to attract someone to take them out of administration.

As I understand it, their financial affairs with HMRC are ok, so a second period of admin may not involve HMRC, so some dodgy deals could possibly happen to clear the debts and get them out again.  The only stumbling block may be Rangers International (see posts by our resident expert Stevensan).

They did go into administration first, but when HMRC stated they would not enter into a Company Voluntary Arrangement, then liquidation was the only option.  HMRC wanted ALL the money due to them, and wouldn't accept an agreement for a small percentage, which would be the only way to attract someone to take them out of administration.

As I understand it, their financial affairs with HMRC are ok, so a second period of admin may not involve HMRC, so some dodgy deals could possibly happen to clear the debts and get them out again.  The only stumbling block may be Rangers International (see posts by our resident expert Stevensan).

The point is that Glasgow Rangers were liquidated.  The Rangers are A NEW ENTITY, and have NEVER been in administration.  It sounds pedantic, but forgetting it is akin to forgiving the orcs for their ridiculous superior attitude towards all other football fans in the universe.

Edited by montrosesaintee

The point is that Glasgow Rangers were liquidated.  The Rangers are A NEW ENTITY, and have NEVER been in administration.  It sounds pedantic, but forgetting it is akin to forgiving the orcs for their ridiculous superior attitude towards all other football fans in the universe.

Absolutely right, I am happy to stand corrected.  I knew that really, just wasn't thinking.

If THE THE R go into admin. after Saturday, they will start next season with a 25 point deduction .

That should make for an interesting league .

15 points surely.  As soon as this happens, the SFA/SPFL will suddenly recognise that they are not Glasgow Rangers any more and call it a first insolvency event.  Can't wait to hear to orcs try to lay claim to their sparkling history then....

I did chuckle at this bit -

"Just to put the record completely straight on that, we didn't spend any money at all on the players, the budget came down, the wages in relation to turnover at the club is probably the envy of any club in world football....It (the ratio) is maybe 27/ 28%. I think the lowest in the Championship last year was 53 or 54% so that would give you the indication that the players' budget should be well within the overall turnover and is within the overall turnover."

53 or 54 % of nothing is a hell of a lot different from 28% of millions!

Went for a burger at the van in Glenearn Road today and while waiting I glanced through the Daily Record which was on the counter.  I have deliberately avoided the rag for at least 5-10 years, but bloody hell, I wasn't prepared for the slobbering Rangersfest that it turned out to be.  How brain dead do you have to be to consider this a newspaper?

I did chuckle at this bit -

"Just to put the record completely straight on that, we didn't spend any money at all on the players, the budget came down, the wages in relation to turnover at the club is probably the envy of any club in world football....It (the ratio) is maybe 27/ 28%. I think the lowest in the Championship last year was 53 or 54% so that would give you the indication that the players' budget should be well within the overall turnover and is within the overall turnover."

53 or 54 % of nothing is a hell of a lot different from 28% of millions!

Not really.

If they are genuinely spending that little on wages then someone somewhere is getting very rich and fleecing the club even more than Craig Whyte.

I can't believe the press are making comment about the problems at the old firm final for the yoofs, where seats got ripped out just like last year.  Rumour has it next years Glasgow cup final will be behind closed doors.

I would have expected the press to bang on about how good it is to have the old firm playing each other again, and ignoring any problems.  I confess I haven't read any tabloids so may have this wrong, but just what I heard.

This just reinforces my belief that the world is a better place without Sevco anywhere near the top league, or better still, any league whatsoever.