Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now we know how bad they are, what an embarrassment that they actually beat us. I am going to hide in a corner with my comfort blanket. How could it happen? they are absolutely hopeless which means we must have been worse! OMG!

Saints must have been on a bung.  No shots anywhere near the goal against a third rate keeper.  A corner when the keeper came on went straight to the first defender.  Shocking performance, didn't look like they wanted to win. 

yeah yeah we must be crap cos rangers beat us. 

rangers are poor but they have a team of good players most id put a bet on tw would love to have . the night they played us they were up for it an put in a really good performance, reminded me of the scotland england game

Are you at the wind up.

Or have you been on the sauce?

To suggest TW would love any of these numpties is bizarre.

Some of the numpties will be sold in January to finance their cash flow.

This why Sally wants to go. He's calling SEVCO board's bluff and bailing out now while there's still some money in the biscuit tin. Yes there's still talk about his shareholding, but Sally got this gratis and some clever bean counter will turn it into a tax loss to offset.

Buy to let flats at Greyskull still on at the moment and what remains will be groundsharing with St Mirren.

Other side of Weegie, wailing and knashing "who are we going to blame now!!!"

Are you at the wind up.

Or have you been on the sauce?

To suggest TW would love any of these numpties is bizarre.

i just find it bizarre that a lot of good players have moved to rangers and have played so poorly.

when rangers signed guys like daly boyd templeton law they were amongst the best players in scotland and thats not to mention guys like wallace or macleod

A continuation of the ludicrous goings on at Castle Greyskull.  In what other industry would someone who has tendered their resignation be rewarded in their notice period with a pay rise ?

Although he may not be the cause of administration, given that The The are struggling to pay the wage bill this month, let alone January, the additional wages to Fat Sally could be the tipping point, although I fully expect that they will receive a further loan from Lord Sports Direct and get approval at the AGM to go for another share issue.

In terms of Sally's future, I would be interested to read a book that he came out with in his time as the manager of The The but I think that he will be paid off before the end of the 12 month notice period, and part of his pay off will be a confidentiality clause, preventing him from doing so.  I doubt that there will be many teams lining up to employ him, but could see that around a year after he has left, a lower division team trying to bring him in purely as a "known name" to boost their profile.  Whether he would do it or not is another story.

And Rangers have also announced that during his notice period his wage will rise to £750,000

I'm confused :?

Strange isn`t it. Must be something to do with contracts or stock exchange or the fact that they never reduced it in the first place.

Article states Rangers were founded in 1872. What to feck has that got to do with Sevco ?.

I wish the press would stop referring to McCoist leading Rangers to two consecutive Championships as if it was some sort of achievement :evil:  The manner in which he did so is a major contributing factor to the financial shit the joke of a club are still in

I don't think that's quite true Edstar...the salaries were a definately a contributing factor but the downfall was the random board members/consultants who came in for 6 weeks and trousered £100k/bonuses etc.

I don't think that's quite true Edstar...the salaries were a definately a contributing factor but the downfall was the random board members/consultants who came in for 6 weeks and trousered £100k/bonuses etc.

That's why I said a factor...not the sole reason. A decent manager could have put together a squad at a fraction of what he did to win those leagues

Now a notice of complaint issued by the SFA to THE THE and another one to Mr Sports Direct, about having interests in two different clubs (computer no allowing me to post link)

tick tock, tick tock

this lot are an embarrassment to Scottish football, wish them and the other half had fooked off to England years ago

Now a notice of complaint issued by the SFA to THE THE and another one to Mr Sports Direct, about having interests in two different clubs (computer no allowing me to post link)

tick tock, tick tock

this lot are an embarrassment to Scottish football, wish them and the other half had fooked off to England years ago

tick tock, tick tock

Hope they have the balls to see it through. I doubt it. After all they are huge club & they need them in top league to get a sponsor.

£400,000 and McCoist will leave immediately (bbc)

If the BBC story is true Super Ally is even worse at negotiating than he is at managing a football team.  You prepare for negotiation by working out (1) your ideal result ( a cash figure in this case), (2) a realistic figure for which you would fairly happily settle and (3) a fall back figure which you will only take in extreme circumstances - usually you think you would not get much more in Court after a lot of trouble and expense.  You DO NOT give the other side any idea of your position in advance for one thing because their (1) will more than likely be your (3).  If Ashley is involved and not frightened off by the SFA (some hope) and the BBC report is true, then Ally will be lucky to get £250k.

Personally, I think this is a Sunday Post type story - we know this is true 'cos my brother in law's Auntie knows a man who had it from a very good source.

Edited by south inch

Southinch he is working his notice and is legally entitled to that money. What you say is okay in a case where you are being sacked and they are writing off a contract,

McCoist can quite simply stay put and they are bound to pay him his full salary.

They  can also put him on gardening leave and pay him on a weekly basis and then if he wants back into football he will need to resign.

Having just read the BBC website I find it incredible that e has given his notice and immediately received a 75% pay increase seeing his salary increase to £750k. Whoever it was that write that contract should be slaughtered.

Edited by mainstand

Southinch he is working his notice and is legally entitled to that money. What you say is okay in a case where you are being sacked and they are writing off a contract,

McCoist can quite simply stay put and they are bound to pay him his full salary.

They  can also put him on gardening leave and pay him on a weekly basis and then if he wants back into football he will need to resign.

Having just read the BBC website I find it incredible that e has given his notice and immediately received a 75% pay increase seeing his salary increase to £750k. Whoever it was that write that contract should be slaughtered.

Wish someone would give me a contract like that!?