Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Southinch he is working his notice and is legally entitled to that money. What you say is okay in a case where you are being sacked and they are writing off a contract,

McCoist can quite simply stay put and they are bound to pay him his full salary.

They  can also put him on gardening leave and pay him on a weekly basis and then if he wants back into football he will need to resign.

Having just read the BBC website I find it incredible that e has given his notice and immediately received a 75% pay increase seeing his salary increase to £750k. Whoever it was that write that contract should be slaughtered.

Agree with you Mainstand, my points are more relevant to a sacking and Ally could indeed stay put or go on gardening leave if that is offered.  I do get the impression, however, that he wants out with a lump sum (maybe Sue Barker has been on the phone) and if so he would be daft to even hint at what that sum might be.

I'm guessing that the increase in his salary was written in at the time he agreed to take some sort of cut last year.

I find it interesting the comparisons between Football contracts and 'real-life'. Many are saying that  McCoist is entitled to work his notice period and take the £750,000 and of course that's legally correct. However, the difference between regular jobs and Football is that we maintain this pretence of loyalty and love for Football clubs that doesn't existing within regular employment. If everyone forgot for a minute about Ally McCoist's supposed love for Rangers Football club and discarded the myth that he's some kind of super-human legend who cares more about Rangers than himself we could all get down to the reality that he, like most other people, are motivated by money. Then, just maybe then, we could accept this ludicrous scenario for what it is - a botched business deal and an employee seeking to make as much money he physically can. However, if McCoist keeps up the pretence that he's a Rangers man first and foremost and money is not important then we are all entitled to mock him for all he's worth!

exactly broon.

since fri sportsound has continually made out that allys decision was down to those who have worked at ibrox for years losing their jobs, well if he was that bothered he could have left with no pay off. hilarious if paying off super ally was the final nail in rhe rangers coffin

I find it interesting the comparisons between Football contracts and 'real-life'. Many are saying that  McCoist is entitled to work his notice period and take the £750,000 and of course that's legally correct. However, the difference between regular jobs and Football is that we maintain this pretence of loyalty and love for Football clubs that doesn't existing within regular employment. If everyone forgot for a minute about Ally McCoist's supposed love for Rangers Football club and discarded the myth that he's some kind of super-human legend who cares more about Rangers than himself we could all get down to the reality that he, like most other people, are motivated by money. Then, just maybe then, we could accept this ludicrous scenario for what it is - a botched business deal and an employee seeking to make as much money he physically can. However, if McCoist keeps up the pretence that he's a Rangers man first and foremost and money is not important then we are all entitled to mock him for all he's worth!

maybe if in "real life" we all had the solidarity of the SLMA or SPFA, we'd have jobs where we couldnt be paid off over night. Then again, given the huddies that continually get jobs through the lma, it could well mean working next to a trained chimp

Edited by canuck_saint

So what will happen to McCoist now? He's been proven to be a horrendous coach/manager, so no one will employ him. He could try media, but there is no chance the BBC would employ him again due to his and Sevco's utter fuddery over not speaking to the bbc. Stv have no coverage in scotland and given sky and bt cover Celtic for half of the time, he'll not get that gig.

It's a shame, because as a player and up until he became a coach/manager at rangers, I quite liked him. Not he comes over as a total Cnut like the rest of him.

'Bomber' brown, Walter Smith, Hateley et al should be never heard from in public again, all either numpties or complicit in the shenanigans that went on.

I cringe ever time you tune into sportsound and they all se like old pals and like we should all be fearful over rangers 2's demise!

So what will happen to McCoist now? He's been proven to be a horrendous coach/manager, so no one will employ him. He could try media, but there is no chance the BBC would employ him again due to his and Sevco's utter fuddery over not speaking to the bbc. Stv have no coverage in scotland and given sky and bt cover Celtic for half of the time, he'll not get that gig.

It's a shame, because as a player and up until he became a coach/manager at rangers, I quite liked him. Not he comes over as a total Cnut like the rest of him.

'Bomber' brown, Walter Smith, Hateley et al should be never heard from in public again, all either numpties or complicit in the shenanigans that went on.

I cringe ever time you tune into sportsound and they all se like old pals and like we should all be fearful over rangers 2's demise!

If ITV win the new contract for MOD expect him on there

Interesting that they are now being pursued by the SPFL for the £250,000 fine for the EBT's ,but say that bill was incurred by the oldco which doesn't exist.

Good news for the Arabs who were trying to argue exactly the same when hit with a fee for Charlie Telfer. Surely they can't have it both ways.....Oh No..Wait...They are the mighty The and they can do anything they like!!

After Liquidation, a corrupt regime took over , and if you ask me its the corrupt regime's antics that have put the club in the predicament they are in now 

The new club can't be held for the old clubs misdemeanors?
This is a complete and utter farce now......what a shambles.
Either they were liquidated and reborn as a new club or they weren't...,,
History shows liquidation....

This really does just add to the horror show that is The The.  If the SPFL can't even determine whether this was a new club or not, what hope do the rest if us have ?

Thinking about it, though, did the "new co" not agree to take on the "footballing liabilities" of the "old co", and therefore, this would be construed as a "footballing liability", having come from the governing body ?  It was so long ago that I now can't remember the ins and outs of it, and can't be bothered to go back and look, but I am sure that this was agreed, and this was how Hearts got the money for Lee Wallace etc.

Edited by Saint Paul

The Scotsman and The Daily Mail report:-

Rangers' financial worries deepened ahead of Wednesday's crunch meeting between board members and manager Ally McCoist as it emerged that former goalkeeper Neil Alexander has been awarded £84,000 for winning a breach-of-contract claim against the club. Further, Rangers' oldco liquidators BDO will investigate whether they can claim for creditors some of the £200,000 compensation Rangers will receive for Charlie Telfer's move to Dundee United. 

I argued with Rangers fans on Facebook that as the new company was only in existence for 2 years, surely the "old co" could claim 8/10ths of the compensation for the creditors.  Looks like I wasn't entirely wrong  :razz:

This really does just add to the horror show that is The The.  If the SPFL can't even determine whether this was a new club or not, what hope do the rest if us have ?

Thinking about it, though, did the "new co" not agree to take on the "footballing liabilities" of the "old co", and therefore, this would be construed as a "footballing liability", having come from the governing body ?  It was so long ago that I now can't remember the ins and outs of it, and can't be bothered to go back and look, but I am sure that this was agreed, and this was how Hearts got the money for Lee Wallace etc.

That's pretty much what the BBC are saying.  The SPFL are pursuing the EBT fine because they class it as a football liability. 

Edited by nips

maybe if in "real life" we all had the solidarity of the SLMA or SPFA, we'd have jobs where we couldnt be paid off over night. Then again, given the huddies that continually get jobs through the lma, it could well mean working next to a trained chimp

A trained chimp could not have done a worse job than McCoist.

The one thing that really pisses me off about the whole Rangers saga is all the supposed rangers greats coming out and saying it's time we got them back to where they belong,it should be remembered the place they belong is the Lowland League which is where Gretna rightly got relegated to. But then again the SFA/SPL/SPFL never had the balls to do that.

And the saga continues, with Fat Sally still in post following his meeting with the board.  I genuinely hope that he has refused a pay off so as they wanted to include a confidentiality clause in the package, as I would love to hear his thoughts and insights into the goings on at the top of the "famous marble staircase".

If I was him, I would spend the next 12 months of his tenure at the helm of The The penning a book on the whole saga, and it would be ready to be released, just at the end of the contract and it would give an income stream following the end of the contract.  

Anyone got McCoists email address .................................................................................................................. ?   :wink:

After Liquidation, a corrupt regime took over , and if you ask me its the corrupt regime's antics that have put the club in the predicament they are in now 

There is only one man responsible for Sevco`s present predicament ,Ally McCoist.

When they went to the 3rd division he should have got rid of & not signed more big earners.

Surely a team that is hoovering up the best young prospects in Scotland could field a team capable of winning the 3rd division & after 3 years experience be able to compete in SPL.

Instead he tried to bring instant success & a few cups by signing a few pro`s at £7 grand a week who will all be hasbeens by the time they ever get in SPL.

The new club can't be held for the old clubs misdemeanors?

This is a complete and utter farce now......what a shambles.

Either they were liquidated and reborn as a new club or they weren't...,,

History shows liquidation....

No, but part of the agreement of letting Newco into the league was taking on some of the debt from the oldco which includes stuff about ETBs.

It can't surely mean all debt, otherwise HMRC would be due a large cheque.

There is only one man responsible for Sevco`s present predicament ,Ally McCoist.

When they went to the 3rd division he should have got rid of & not signed more big earners.

Surely a team that is hoovering up the best young prospects in Scotland could field a team capable of winning the 3rd division & after 3 years experience be able to compete in SPL.

Instead he tried to bring instant success & a few cups by signing a few pro`s at £7 grand a week who will all be hasbeens by the time they ever get in SPL.

Agree with this.  The whole setup from the first days of Sevco was to carry on as if nothing had happened, perhaps to keep the illusion going with all the supporters ( and their money).

Did they really believe they could win cups?  I think they probably did.  And in reality - hee haw.

The Scotsman and The Daily Mail report:-

Rangers' financial worries deepened ahead of Wednesday's crunch meeting between board members and manager Ally McCoist as it emerged that former goalkeeper Neil Alexander has been awarded £84,000 for winning a breach-of-contract claim against the club. Further, Rangers' oldco liquidators BDO will investigate whether they can claim for creditors some of the £200,000 compensation Rangers will receive for Charlie Telfer's move to Dundee United. 

I argued with Rangers fans on Facebook that as the new company was only in existence for 2 years, surely the "old co" could claim 8/10ths of the compensation for the creditors.  Looks like I wasn't entirely wrong  :razz:

The bit about BDO getting some of compensation could really be awkward for Sevco and Doncaster.  If they do, they lose the argument about history, trophies and being the same club.

Squeeky bottom time at HQ.