Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the spirit of Xmas, I think we should suspend hostilities, and send RANGERS our best wishes, and our prayers that they return to the top, where they belong. God bless them, one and all.

HahahahahahajahahahahahajahajahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahajaajajahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahajahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahuaHahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahHhahaahahahHhahahHhHHha

Hic

Hahahahahahajahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahaahahahaahaaahahaahaaaaahaahahahahaaahahahahhahahahahahahhah

Oh shit the teas burning. Never mind.

HahahahahahajahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahajahahahaahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahnanahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahhaahahhahahhaaahahahajahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahahahahahahhHhahaqhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahnhAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHJASORRY CAPLOCKhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaaauhahahahahahahahajanahajajahahahahah

Not sure what Rangers are moaning about regarding the EBT fine. The SFA are quite entitled to chase it. Under the conditions of Rangers being admitted to the SPFL they agreed to sign a clause called the 5 way agreement which means they can chase Rangers for footballing debt. Clear as day.

Since he demanded the second highest player budget in the football league to win the shittiest two divisions

Did he demand the huge budget or did he just spend the money that was offered to him?  I don't know many managers who wouldn't spend the budget if offered it regardless of what division they're in, especially if they were insecure about their ability to do the job without such a budget!

Since he demanded the second highest player budget in the football league to win the shittiest two divisions

Would agree with TMR on where the blame lies. A managers job is to secure the highest possible player budget to meet his needs, in this case the need was to win a domestic quadruple three years on the bounce before returning to their rightful place at the top of the spfl. Some one should have tempered attitudes and ambition and worked with a squad of youngsters. The rest is history now...

Kevin Kyle's interview is quite revealing regarding the wage structure and the talks he had with the club:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30524862

This interview just confirms what we all suspected - that things were carrying on at Castle Greyskull as if nothing ever happened.  £100k a year for Kevin Kyle, plus bonuses and appearances !!!  There has to be blame attached to McCoist for agreeing to this, as in the interview he talks about sitting down with the manager and him asking what he wanted, and almost getting the crazy sum that he had asked for.  Others clearly got this.  McCoist had a responsibility to look at these guys and say thanks, but no thanks instead of agreeing to ridiculous contracts.  He is not entirely to blame, but he has been part of the overall problem.

It also shows that they just didn't learn the lessons from administration and liquidation.  The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome - surely this is exactly what we have here.

It would be worth buying shares in The The just to be able to take a seat and watch the AGM on Monday, as although last years was tense, I think that this years one will be even worse  :laugh:

Billy was at school this morning and the teacher asked all the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came out, fireman, policeman, salesman, chippy, captain of industry etc, but Billy was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father. 

"My father is an exotic dancer in a gay club and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes if the offer is really good, he'll go out with a man, rent a cheap hotel room and let them sleep with him." 

The teacher quickly set the other children some work and took little Billy aside to ask him if that was really true. 

"No" said Billy, "He plays football for Rangers but I was just too embarrassed to say....."

Must admit, i'm not familiar with how football contracts are thrashed out, but i can't understand how McCoist was allowed to make those decisions. Surely a team managers role is to manage the team - they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near contract negotiations.

I'm quite glad he's staying though. I was worried they were going to get someone competent in.

Think needed a CEO for AGM & he is the only one who could take it. Don`t know what it does for SFA`s exertion that Ashley has too much input. 

Think you will find that the rules will be re-invented to allow it as we are talking the (Mighty) sevco, whom none of us plebs can do without! Sorry for the sarcasm.

Think you will find that the rules will be re-invented to allow it as we are talking the (Mighty) sevco, whom none of us plebs can do without! Sorry for the sarcasm.

Candalan I'll see your sarcasm and raise you...

Ok folks, rest easy, the other 41 clubs will be keeping a wary eye on things and will ensure that nothing untoward is allowed to happen regarding honest to goodness governance of the game by the SPFL or SFA. By now they will have become fully aware of the rising discontent amongst fans of all clubs outwith the Govan catchment and will soon be taking their elected representatives in the SFA and SPFL to task.  :roll: 

(before fans start walking away in droves).

Leaked email from Derek Llambias to Mike Ashley

Hi Boss

Just thought I'd keep you up to date with progress up here.  Phase 2 has been completed and I am now Chief Executive, no problems whatsoever.  Also, we still have the Manager (Manager!!! Ha) Alistair MacSporran in place to help divert awkward questions at the AGM.  Don't worry I have rehearsed my approach, I have a club tie and scarf to wear (there were plenty lying about in my office) and I know I have to open the meeting with the words "No Surrender" then refer to some guy called King Billy at frequent intervals.  No problems there.

Have to report a funny meeting with a guy called Ogilvie which I have yet to get my head round.  He turned up the other day saying he represented some crowd called the SFA.  I haven't figured them out yet, they send you funny letters which seem to suggest they can fine us for something but there is always a bit of paper attached saying "don't worry, wink wink, no surrender, this is just for the Media's benefit".  Anyway he said he wanted to clarify a few points all the time shaking my hand in an awful funny way and asking about my Lodge.  I told him I was staying at Cameron House and he looked puzzled.

So I fix him up with a cup of coffee and ask him what this is about.  Well he starts asking about you.  Did I know what school you were at?  No idea I said, well was it Saint anything he says?  Then he asks if you kick with your left foot.  I told him I didn't think you were very sporty and that had him lost for words for a while.  Then he asked if Michael was a family name, no idea from me.  Becoming more and more agitated he asked if you ever visited Ireland.  Well at least I was able to tell him you enjoyed the odd visit to Dublin but before I could add "for the races" he said "oh shit" and left.  Very strange.

This interview just confirms what we all suspected -

I thought the interview with Kyle was quite open and honest. Certain players picking up 5-10K a week for doing nothing for 2-3-4-5 years. Outwith ultracompetitive individuals (whod never have dropped 3 leagues) how could TRFC expect any more from their mercenaries?

If i was being paid to play against an U11 team week in week out, id soon get bored of spanking goals in against them.