Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, ok after months of totally ignoring every post you've made, I have to ask. What is it that bothers you if you are simply a Saints supporter?

I'm just utterly perplexed by why people are so desperate to spew vile. You'll even see some ignorant posters like "Abernethy Saint" above going so far as to tar anyone who doesn't want everyone associated with Rangers to choke to death in a pool of their own vomit as die hard, blue-nosed 'Rangers Till Eh Die' loyalists.

It's mildly amusing, but more importantly, I get a bit of a superiority buzz over interacting with these desperately angry old fools.

Thank you for a genuine question rather than latching yourself onto the back of the "We hate Rangers more than we love St Johnstone" club.

I'm just utterly perplexed by why people are so desperate to spew vile. You'll even see some ignorant posters like "Abernethy Saint" above going so far as to tar anyone who doesn't want everyone associated with Rangers to choke to death in a pool of their own vomit as die hard, blue-nosed 'Rangers Till Eh Die' loyalists.

It's mildly amusing, but more importantly, I get a bit of a superiority buzz over interacting with these desperately angry old fools.

Thank you for a genuine question rather than latching yourself onto the back of the "We hate Rangers more than we love St Johnstone" club.

See, the thing is....most of us aren't 'desperately angry'......we are just enjoying every single hilarious second of the debacle that was Glasgow Rangers

You want to see desperately angry, just go to Ibrox with the other 30000 (mmm) and look around you (as you probably do anyway)

Edited by Edstar101

Agreed to an extent but Cagey and HOODLUM65 in particular are two posters who have serious issues.

What makes people angry is the fact that said club still seem to want to blame everybody else for their troubles, and still continue to approach their business in the way that they did that got them into this shit in the first place. Also, their practice of wanting to claim they are the same club when it suits them (retaining their 'history' of titles , cup wins etc) but wanting to claim they are not the same club when it doesn't (being responsible for their debts etc). The likes of Sandy Jardine and 'Bomber' Brown appearing on people's tv's spouting their 'we will get you all back' bile didn't help engender any love towards their plight either

It is also payback for other clubs that had to put up with Glasgow Rangers and their hoards of orcs lording it over them during their period of (unaffordable) success and the attitude of their supporters towards anybody that supported smaller, provencial clubs.

Does it make me angry? No, it amuses me. Can I understand why people do get angry when faced with ignorant arguments from 'supporters' of the club (including the media blood-suckers)? Yes, I most definitely can.

tick tock

Fair point Edstar, but in my opinion let Rangers/Sevco/Zombie United push the boat as far as financial responsibility and instabilities go, rules are made to be bent and exist to be broken. It's an amusing soap opera as an outsider and while I would argue that Rangers absence has improved the quality of Scottish Football, any St Johnstone fan would be remiss to suggest more nights like a cold November night in Ibrox 9 years ago wouldn't be welcome.

The vile bigotry from some posters isn't so welcome, if some of the comments you read on here were aimed at someone's race or sexual orientation rather than football club no one would be laughing.

All the worlds a stage my dear. Enjoy it.

That's about it for most people I know Ed.

Fair enough I know few fans of the rangers who wished they had gone about it different.

But mostly they are still the shower of arrogant ****witts as before their old club died.

They will always claim to be the same club until someone mentions the debt the lying thieving tax dodging bigots left behind and then they're a new club.

I personally don't enjoy it I just wish they would **** right off and take their ugly sister with them down to England.

(but no one down there wants their bigot shite either)

Rangers aren't Gretna. You don't just kill one of Scottish footballs biggest institutions. Fast forward 50 years and no one will care about a bunch of angry old men in 2015 waving their lighters in the air and proclaiming how it was so much better in their day.

Stan Collymore dropped by BT Sport for criticising the the.

Are you sure it wasn't for name-dropping "Sky's Monday Night Football" on a BT Sport broadcast?