Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does it make me angry? No, it amuses me. Can I understand why people do get angry when faced with ignorant arguments from 'supporters' of the club (including the media blood-suckers)? Yes, I most definitely can.

tick tock

While I agree that seeing Sevco in such a mess has been amusing, what I find far from amusing is the way they have been allowed to cheat their way up the leagues, overtaking clubs who have been stuck in those leagues for generations because they continue to play by the rules, and all because of the fact that special allowances are made for them because of who they are (or, more accurately, who they are pretending to be). It renders the whole idea of sporting competition completely pointless, and there's a reasonable chance that next season we'll have to put up with it in the same division as Saints - with them potentially finishing higher up the league than us because of their continual cheating. Yet this is the situation that we're continually told Scottish football "needs".

Sometimes anger is the correct and acceptable response to a situation.

In a perfect world, yes, but in reality rules exist to be broken. Particularly in the financial world. Nothing new.

Your view on rules makes no sense. Are you saying that, because there are people out there who break rules, everyone else should turn a blind eye to that and never speak out against it? With that attitude, what is the point of even playing football in the first place? What is the point of any sporting competition if you think that cheating is fine?

While I agree that seeing Sevco in such a mess has been amusing, what I find far from amusing is the way they have been allowed to cheat their way up the leagues, overtaking clubs who have been stuck in those leagues for generations because they continue to play by the rules, and all because of the fact that special allowances are made for them because of who they are (or, more accurately, who they are pretending to be). It renders the whole idea of sporting competition completely pointless, and there's a reasonable chance that next season we'll have to put up with it in the same division as Saints - with them potentially finishing higher up the league than us because of their continual cheating. Yet this is the situation that we're continually told Scottish football "needs".

Sometimes anger is the correct and acceptable response to a situation.

Hopefully you are not thinking we will be in championship next season.

I think that if you are consuming it with any degree of seriousness then you are a bit deluded. I'd say the same thing about EastEnders though, such is life.

Well, either you see it as pointless or you don't - you haven't really answered that question. Help me out here, I'm genuinely trying to understand what your point is. Sport generates money and creates jobs; it boosts health, happiness, exercise; it provides us with entertainment. All of us on this thread consume it, and spend money on it, and spend our time talking about it on a forum, and travel all over the country and even all over Europe to watch it and enjoy it. Yet you think all of that is pointless, shouldn't be taken "with any degree of seriousness" and we should all be OK with the concept of cheating?

Agreed to an extent but Cagey and HOODLUM65 in particular are two posters who have serious issues.

Ha ha. Post it as I see/find it.

If my posts are getting under your skin, so be it.

Angry ? I am with the previous posters on this one. Find it very highly amusing and tattyfilarious.

It gives me great satisfaction to support a diddy team who happen to be able to PAY their way.

Edited by HOODLUM65

I note that Celtic are not to be charged by the SPFL over the several flares let off by their fans during the recent Hatefest Semi Final.  Now why ever not?  Posters warning against the use of pyrotechnics are everywhere, you could hardly miss the green smoke it hung around for some time - the case was cut and dried.

But wait what was going on in the blue corner?  There the legions were belting out the usual sectarian songs of hate.  You couldn't charge one without the other so out came the blind eyes and the deaf ears and Scottish football carried on in its usual disgraceful manner.

Aye bigotry under the Scottish government rules is only punishable if the bigot brothers are not involved.

Feckin laughable.  :laugh:

You will have seen that the SPFL delegate, one Tom Purdie, has reported The Rangers support for "sustained sectarian singing" at last night's match v Raith.  I forecast he will receive a reply from the SPFL along the lines " We are sorry to have to terminate your SPFL delegate status.  We did not know that you wore a hearing aid. Whilst this is not in itself a disqualifying condition  you must surely have known that it is a firm requirement that hearing aids (if worn) must be switched off during matches involving The Rangers"