Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tray nor has lost it with this new club statement. Even Kenny millers wife has said it's lies and he was not attacked

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-60/

Oh and this shows the boys hay raker at wallace missed by about 4 feet. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/STVPaul/status/734326905130909696

Sorry, couldn't read it all the way through, first couple of paragraphs were enough to gie' me the boak.

Adopting the holier than thou attitude.

My random brain-splurge of thoughts on all this...

If we, as football fans, want to see fences going back up at football grounds, then we're going the right way about it. We all like to moan about fans being treated as criminals, but every time something like this happens it reinforces the institutional view that football fans, in general, cannot be trusted to behave. What's the real reason that Saints fans missed out on extra tickets for the League Cup semi-final, and that authorities don't want fans of different sides mixing in the same stand at big games? Just look at what happened on Saturday for the reason. I personally feel that all adults who invade a football pitch, individually or collectively, should be hit with a massive fine whenever they can be identified. It's the only way I can think of to stop this from happening, short of going back to the measures of the pre-Hillsborough days.

Hibs' history is irrelevant. Saints, as a club, waited longer for our Scottish Cup win, and our fans didn't see the need to behave like that. (The BBC commentator repeatedly mentioned that Hibs fans had waited over 100 years for this - bollocks, unless that lot were all a lot older than they looked.)

The SFA and SPFL collectively need to carry a lot of the blame for this. They have routinely failed to keep both Rangers and Sevco under control. That club(s) has fed off an environment of hatred, bullying, sectarianism and downright cheating - is it any wonder there is massive national resentment towards them? It's only surprising that it's taken until now for there to be serious crowd trouble, because this has been bubbling under for years, and unless someone gets a grip of them then this is only going to get worse. And now they're releasing official club statements that border on setting their pack of dogs on specific named individuals. Next season they're going to have big games every week, including four games against Celtic - how long is it going to be until someone is seriously hurt?

If we, as football fans, want to see fences going back up at football grounds, then we're going the right way about it. We all like to moan about fans being treated as criminals, but every time something like this happens it reinforces the institutional view that football fans, in general, cannot be trusted to behave. What's the real reason that Saints fans missed out on extra tickets for the League Cup semi-final, and that authorities don't want fans of different sides mixing in the same stand at big games? Just look at what happened on Saturday for the reason. I personally feel that all adults who invade a football pitch, individually or collectively, should be hit with a massive fine whenever they can be identified. It's the only way I can think of to stop this from happening, short of going back to the measures of the pre-Hillsborough days.

Hibs' history is irrelevant. Saints, as a club, waited longer for our Scottish Cup win, and our fans didn't see the need to behave like that. (The BBC commentator repeatedly mentioned that Hibs fans had waited over 100 years for this - bollocks, unless that lot were all a lot older than they looked.)

The SFA and SPFL collectively need to carry a lot of the blame for this. They have routinely failed to keep both Rangers and Sevco under control. That club(s) has fed off an environment of hatred, bullying, sectarianism and downright cheating - is it any wonder there is massive national resentment towards them? It's only surprising that it's taken until now for there to be serious crowd trouble, because this has been bubbling under for years, and unless someone gets a grip of them then this is only going to get worse. And now they're releasing official club statements that border on setting their pack of dogs on specific named individuals. Next season they're going to have big games every week, including four games against Celtic - how long is it going to be until someone is seriously hurt?

Very true.

A copy of the above needs to be sent to both Sfa and Spfl.

I can understand the Hibs fans celebrating on the pitch.......but agree they shouldn't have.

What did the Sevconians enter the pitch area for? It wasn't to congratulate the green half of Edinburgh.

the subsequent bias, hatred and bile coming from all areas is quite incredible.

'......no one likes us we don't care!' Aye right......they moan all the time about it.

oh, and while I am at it..... 

THEY WALKED AWAY IN THEIR HUNDREDS After the third goal.

Daily Ranger going big time with whole front page on 11 players assaulted.

Nothing like going over the top.

If there was any doubt on this rags loyalties then there is none now.

Strange thing is Kenny Millers wife has said it is lies as Miller was not attacked at all.

Just about nailed it there BH.  I watched the two highlights programmes back to back on Saturday, SCF much better game, but wtf?  As for the Rangers statement(s).........Jabba strikes back....what at t*t!  Rangers fans painted as Corinthian defenders of a noble cause?  

Hootsmon has a big spread laying into the SFA for their failure to anticipate a pitch invasion.  Regan showed with his immediate reaction that he is a typical The The apologist who opens his mouth without engaging his brain, by now it has probably been pointed out to him that the SFA were the "home club" at Hampden.  You could make some sort of excuse for them being caught out in that most people were expecting extra time or a last minute penalty  for The The.  However, as we saw at Motherwell a couple of weeks ago the SFA operate a holier than thou policy where others are concerned so tough!

PS Any of you clever guys who can post links to videos etc. got a link to pictures of The The players on life support machines?  No?  Hope I haven't given Traynor any ideas but its a bit late now Jim.

What's the deal with everyone attributing the press release to Jim Traynor? Wasn't it reported a while back that he'd been let go?

I thought he was kicked out when Ashley's men were trying to take over, but that Dave King brought him (Level5) back once they had removed the Ashley connection?

The whole thing is comedy gold.  The Hibees were numpties for starting the fight, Sevco were numpties for joining in, and the MSM have just made the North Korean press look free...

That statement that Jim Traynor gave to the media is a complete joke. Yes, the Hibs fans shouldn't have been on the pitch but there was no need for anyone of a sevco persuasion to run on and confront the Hibs support. For Traynor to lay the blame on everyone ( Nicola Sturgeon, Tom English, Stuart Cosgrove, etc. ) is laughable. Traynor needs to look closer to home and accept that some of the knuckle draggers that follow his beloved club were equally as bad ( pyro, sectarian songs, fighting opposing fans. ) It will be interesting to see if the SFA dish out a punishment to Sevco for their part in all this or bury their heads in the sand like they always do when it comes to the ugly sisters. 

That statement that Jim Traynor gave to the media is a complete joke. Yes, the Hibs fans shouldn't have been on the pitch but there was no need for anyone of a sevco persuasion to run on and confront the Hibs support. For Traynor to lay the blame on everyone ( Nicola Sturgeon, Tom English, Stuart Cosgrove, etc. ) is laughable. Traynor needs to look closer to home and accept that some of the knuckle draggers that follow his beloved club were equally as bad ( pyro, sectarian songs, fighting opposing fans. ) It will be interesting to see if the SFA dish out a punishment to Sevco for their part in all this or bury their heads in the sand like they always do when it comes to the ugly sisters. 

Yeah,but the loyal Sevco fans were only coming on to protect their players. Wouldn't be surprised if it were their own fans belting them for being shit. 

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/

Wings Over Scotland's take on it, non-political and balanced on this occasion. 

Interesting to see someone with the ability to remain calm and neutral on the subject (unlike me) simply prove with evidence that the Rangers excuse for entering the pitch is bollocks, all the players had left before it happened.

There is no doubt in my mind Rangers should be charged by the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute for the statement (as well as charges against both clubs for supporters actions)

It's been years since the horses were on the pitch. Bad behaviour from both clubs, needs them both banned from Europa League competition as punishment, and to prevent them besmirching Scotland's good name (again).

I'm just trying to think how I'd react if we'd just lost the cup to Dundee and they cogies were in front of me on the pitch goading me....

It's been years since the horses were on the pitch. Bad behaviour from both clubs, needs them both banned from Europa League competition as punishment, and to prevent them besmirching Scotland's good name (again).

I'm just trying to think how I'd react if we'd just lost the cup to Dundee and they cogies were in front of me on the pitch goading me....

And the place given to the team who finished 4th in the spfl? Like your thinking mate.

Interesting to see someone with the ability to remain calm and neutral on the subject (unlike me) simply prove with evidence that the Rangers excuse for entering the pitch is bollocks, all the players had left before it happened.

There is no doubt in my mind Rangers should be charged by the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute for the statement (as well as charges against both clubs for supporters actions)

If the SFA do not address that statement from Rangers, then they really are useless.  A completely irresponsible and inaccurate record of events, which does nothing to address the issue of a pitch invasion and alleged assaults.  Kenny Miller quite clearly was not assaulted, his wife said as much and yet the Daily Record today played the tune from Ibrox, disgraceful journalism.  It looks likely that on evidence displayed by their fans and in the statements given by the club, Rangers will be coming back to Perth with more hate and more bigotry, than we have seen for years. Scottish SPFL clubs should brace themselves for the return of Rangers to the league. I am sure Steve Brown willl be prepared.

Sad events all round on Saturday.  I did not see all the papers today, but credit where credit is due, The "I" and "The Courier" identified the sectarian singing on two occasions during Saturday and also the use of pyrotechnics, we can only presume Keith Jackson and his colleagues from The Daily Record, did not hear or see what the world did.  Remarkably however they saw 11 Rangers players attacked, when TV evidence saw two (the goalie and Wallace) and public statements from spouses, saying it was a complete fabrication.

Let there be the right punishment for both clubs.

BBC gives a time line. Game ends 10 seconds later Hibs fans invade the ground & so many seconds later His fans assault Rangers players  & fans. Impartial reporting ?.

What I find strange is with all these assaults going on ,only a push on Wallace & goalie recorded by cameras. There must have been 10/20 TV cameras. 50/60 photographers 2000 Iphones so where is all evidence ?.