Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I quite agree bh but what can fans do other than try and ensure that their club pursues a just and fair outcome over the 13 plus years of cheating by one particular club and, of course, the assistance given by various entities within the governing authorities in preventing them being brought to book. The only leverage fans appear to have, is to boycott their own club's games and there is now probably no appetite for such action. I see very little in depth discussion on this forum over the issues.

There are various options now being pursued by fan groups of other clubs to include crowd funding a judicial review of the entire debacle for the period concerned.

I've just noticed this - haven't read it yet:

http://scottishfsa.org/first-independent-evaluation-scottish-football/

I agree with everything you say above. It was fan power that prevented Sevco from being admitted straight back into the top flight (and second and third flights) and fan power could do it again. However, I think you're right that there isn't the same sense of mobilisation amongst fans at this point and there seems to be less appetite for taking a stand. Personally I still feel that a mass boycott of all Scotland matches at all levels for the indefinite future would make a very big statement.

I also think an independent review, preferably lead by non-Scots, is something that should undoubtedly happen.

Today's headlines:

Baz Ferguson declared bankrupt.

Stewart Robertson (Sevco) joins the SPFL board.

With someone to look after Newco interests safely onboard... the 'New' SPFL board announces that it will review RFC(IL) use of EBTs following the recent Supreme Court decision.

For anyone not up to speed. There has been a veritable 'Tsunami' of activity in the blogosphere after SFA announced that they would be doing nothing following the recent RFC(IL) SC decision. It appears that ever growing numbers of fans outwith Ibrox are not going to accept that inaction.

Edited by Indicator

Barry Ferguson had put house in Wife's name (in 2011) prior to bankruptcy hearing.

They teach them well down Govan way!!

WATP (We ain't tax payers!!)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15432375.Former_Rangers_star_Barry_Ferguson_transferred_luxury_mansion_into_wife_s_name_before_bankruptcy/

Edited by Billic

at 90% of total sales for season 16/17 according to clicky still doesn't specify what sales were last year but good to see this years off to a good start in comparison.

if 1 more person applies then it could well be 10 season tickers sold and not 9, i wish people wouldn't put out meaningless stats, to quote Ron Burgundy "60% of the time,it works everytime"

Context please SJFC just how many season tickets have been sold?

Whatever the number is there may not be many more after todays shameful dictum by the SPFL. (Of which St Johnstone, of course, is a member.)

Edited by Indicator

Whatever the number is there may not be many more after todays shameful dictum by the SPFL. (Of which St Johnstone, of course, is a member.)

I really dont this stance from our fans. 

Why does stripping or not stripping Rangers titles etc etc matter about ST JOHNSTONE SUPPORTERS going along to support their team. 

We're 1 team of the SPFL, we don't set the rules. 

I personally couldn't give a **** about the action taken against Rangers or not, only interested in how Saints will do going forward. 

Apparently possible 'reputational damage' means we must all move on.  So scottish football is fixed, we all know it so let's just sit nice, bent over like grateful little diddies who take it  and like it.  

I have not been to a scotland match for years, and I will never even consider it in the future.  

If this was any other club, we would not be having this conversation, it would be dealt with according to the rules.

I wonder if there will be a crowd funded effort to deal with this issue?  if not, scottish football is about to slip into a coma.  So sad, but thousands will plain refuse to be treated with such utter contempt.  Scottish football is funded by fans not TV, the football authority's stone-walling of this issue will haunt them as individuals and their positions for a generation.

I really dont this stance from our fans. 

Why does stripping or not stripping Rangers titles etc etc matter about ST JOHNSTONE SUPPORTERS going along to support their team. 

We're 1 team of the SPFL, we don't set the rules. 

I personally couldn't give a **** about the action taken against Rangers or not, only interested in how Saints will do going forward. 

Without the ebts would rangers have been able to sign the players they had at the time ? 

We are owed a league cup win.

punish the fuqers that don't exist any more.

I'm curious how its fixed? I'm pretty sure EBTs didnt involve bribing referees or SPFL officials?

ebts  are a side issue here.dont know about bribes but I would say Scottish football is shite.its all skewered towards two football clubs here.fuq them.

At the end of the day, stripping titles or not makes no difference. Yes, they gained an unfair advantage by fielding players they could not afford, but so did Hearts, Gretna, Livingston etc. If we want to argue about anything, it should be recognition that they are not the same club, so if they win a title, it is 1 not 55.

All of that aside, for the sake of Scottish football, it needs to be put to bed by the clubs (not fans as such) as we need to be seen to be strong for tv deals sponsorship etc. If we as a footballing country are constantly at war off the pitch, then we will never develop.

As a start, Rangers should be forced to communicate with the BBC, looks terrible, especially as they now have someone the SPFL board.

Anyway, on topic, do we know how many ST's have been sold? Fair enough to say we were at 90%, but 90% of what? Most other teams are shouting about having record numbers, so do we read across that to Saints or are we bucking the trend?

Edited by TheYellowBox

I'm curious how its fixed? I'm pretty sure EBTs didnt involve bribing referees or SPFL officials?

Sorry, OT again. I'll say this and no more.

Fair enough if you weren't around at the time but...

For at least a decade and probably longer a club accumulated titles and trophies whilst fielding ineligible players. It has been admitted in a court of law that EBTs gave that club an unfair sporting advantage as they could employ players that they otherwise would have been unable to afford.

The governing bodies say that no mechanism exists, within the rules, which would allow them to remove these tainted trophies.

So... we now have a situation whereby a club (oldco when it suits - newco when it suits) has been allowed to buy the history of a previous club to include 14 (I think) trophies that were won whilst cheating.

Do you think Saints would be allowed to  get away with winning a single match if they were retrospectively found to have to fielded an ineligible player.

Edited by Indicator

Guest ScottMann

At the end of the day, stripping titles or not makes no difference. 

Yes it does. It says that winning by cheating won't be accepted at any cost. The Olympics can strip Gold medals and the Tour de France titles because of cheating but not Scottish football, because it's The People. 

How else would you describe a set-up where one competitor is allowed to win trophies/medals by cheating, and doesn't have those trophies/medals taken away? It is a set-up where special allowances are made for particular competitors because their presence is seen as more valuable than the presence of the others. Let's not forget that, were it not for fan power, the SPL would have bent their own rules to allow Sevco immediate entry into the top division as a new club, and the SFA would have supported them in that.

It's not bribery, you're right - this is way, way worse than that because it's institutionalised cheating that the sporting body wishes to turn a blind eye to.

Yes it does. It says that winning by cheating won't be accepted at any cost. The Olympics can strip Gold medals and the Tour de France titles because of cheating but not Scottish football, because it's The People. 

Don't disagree, but the difference there is that everyone accepts the result. In Scottish football, we would all say they didn't win them, they'd argue they did, the authorities would avoid the whole thing like the plague and the media are too frightened of loosing one half of their audience, so say nothing. That's exactly where we are now, which is why I say it doesn't matter. Strip the titles or not, everyone has their views and will not change them regardless. I don't like it, but that's where it is. I'd love nothing more than them to have them removed or at least astixed.

What is clear is that the rules and rulers of our game are not fit for purpose.

Edited by TheYellowBox

How else would you describe a set-up where one competitor is allowed to win trophies/medals by cheating, and doesn't have those trophies/medals taken away? It is a set-up where special allowances are made for particular competitors because their presence is seen as more valuable than the presence of the others. Let's not forget that, were it not for fan power, the SPL would have bent their own rules to allow Sevco immediate entry into the top division as a new club, and the SFA would have supported them in that.

It's not bribery, you're right - this is way, way worse than that because it's institutionalised cheating that the sporting body wishes to turn a blind eye to.

Interested to hear why Saints fans are so mad about rangers doing it, but not so much hearts - who won a couple of cups with players they couldn't afford, and, more significantly, Gretna who kept us out of the premier league by signing players they couldn't afford. If we're so concerned, then shouldn't we be chasing compensation for season out of the top league and the revenue we missed out on?

rangers got put in the bottom division and they fully deserved it.

I must admit I thought the people manic about the removing of titles were just sad Celtic minded types who spend their whole lives obsessing about rangers, in the same way the rangers saddo's do with them. Bit surprised Saints fans are jumping on the bandwagon.