Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You could be right, it seems to be 'Statement o'clock' again.

Here is the ending of the communique.

"...A management culture which not only fears accountability and scrutiny, but which actively campaigns against it, is unhealthy and breeds continued mistrust. This culture, so deeply embedded, must be addressed if Scottish football is to flourish.

It is clear that many members have lost confidence in the SPFL leadership and the need for change will not diminish.

The status quo cannot hold".

They're going down and intend to take Scottish football with them.

59 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Surely Ayebroke must have known that they had NO CHANCE of getting the vote passed.

Hence their promise to PAY for an independent enquiry had their request been successful. 

However, don't think they will let it rest.

Not so sure H, what can they do?  Unlike Hearts or Partick Thistle they don't have a specific grievance.  They can't go to Court and demand the league be played out.  Nor could they air their real concern - don't want Celtic to be declared champions!

Its possible that Douglas Park, who is not short of a bob or two, could go to Court on some of the personal stuff.  Even if he loses it will still keep the deluded onside and buying season tickets.

I still wonder if indeed this is not what their motive has been all along.  They usually come up with some gimmick at this time - significant new investment on the horizon, a decent signing or "we are not allowing more than a token number of Celtic fans into Old Firm games at Ayebroke".

13 hours ago, south inch said:

Not so sure H, what can they do?  Unlike Hearts or Partick Thistle they don't have a specific grievance.  They can't go to Court and demand the league be played out.  Nor could they air their real concern - don't want Celtic to be declared champions!

Its possible that Douglas Park, who is not short of a bob or two, could go to Court on some of the personal stuff.  Even if he loses it will still keep the deluded onside and buying season tickets.

I still wonder if indeed this is not what their motive has been all along.  They usually come up with some gimmick at this time - significant new investment on the horizon, a decent signing or "we are not allowing more than a token number of Celtic fans into Old Firm games at Ayebroke".

Hopefully they do fund it and it costs a pretty penny tick tock.

I don’t think Rangers* have any other motives than: 

1/ Playing to their Neanderthal and ever gullible fan base, who are being asked to fork out for ST, for membership of some dodgy Founders Club or something that provides almost no real benefits, and no doubt shortly for a bail-out.

2/ Continuing their desperate struggle for relevance as a “national institution” (for which read preserving Protestant hegemony) in a world where most folk couldn’t give a feck if Rangers* lived or died or what church anybody else doesn’t go to.

It’s pathetic, as are the almost daily ridiculous statements, full of bumptious exaggeration and pretendy indignity. 

Quite entertaining, though.

6 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Very good explanation of the Orcs’ motivation here.

http://archive.is/rPsBR

Good article & covers it well. Nothing has changed since 1970. Ian Archer was a good journo.

Sevco really are an embarrassment to Scotland & their fans. Problem is their fans are more of an embarrassment. They are talking of boycotting away grounds. That worked well in the past,not.

Hopefully this time they stay away. The further the better. In the Atlantic, hopefully.

23 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Good article & covers it well. Nothing has changed since 1970. Ian Archer was a good journo.

Sevco really are an embarrassment to Scotland & their fans. Problem is their fans are more of an embarrassment. They are talking of boycotting away grounds. That worked well in the past,not.

Hopefully this time they stay away. The further the better. In the Atlantic, hopefully.

What they say and what they do is never the same

• 2 weeks later...

£5 million on Hagi when they are £11 million in debt. Will they ever learn ?.

I know he was playing at McDiarmid but don't think I remember him doing anything.

If he worth £5 million then I don't know what McCann is worth.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:12 PM, Cagey said:

£5 million on Hagi when they are £11 million in debt. Will they ever learn ?.

I know he was playing at McDiarmid but don't think I remember him doing anything.

If he worth £5 million then I don't know what McCann is worth.

Now paying £3 million at £1 a week until they go bust.

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Now paying £3 million at £1 a week until they go bust.

And yet again, as far as I can tell, all of the Scottish media are quite happily reporting on this without ever thinking to question how a club in that financial situation can possibly afford a transfer fee of that size.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

And yet again, as far as I can tell, all of the Scottish media are quite happily reporting on this without ever thinking to question how a club in that financial situation can possibly afford a transfer fee of that size.

You would think that, at the very least, someone would raise a question regarding where all this money is coming from. It's all very well an unnamed entity at the club releasing a statement saying that it is being covered by existing investors but... no details.

Concerns have also been raised in some quarters that no Ibrox interim financial statement has been released publicly this year. Such a statement needs to meet UEFA FFP criteria in order that a club receives a licence to participate in their competitions. Sadly it appears that UEFA do not actually view these statements. It is left up to the club's home association to assess whether a club meets the required criteria.

Does anyone really think that the SFA would have the nerve to deny them participation even if FFP hasn't been met.

Just after the 2012 fiasco the SFA stated that lessons had been learned and they would shortly be publishing the accounts of all clubs on their website in order to dispel such suspicion and to provide transparency. Eight years on and the suspicion of sleight of hand concerning one particular club continues.

Edited by Indicator

Belay my last... It appears the SFA had prior knowledge.  :roll:

European football's governing body is set to relax Financial Fair Play regulations 
UEFA has extended the deadline for 'undue payables' from March 31 to April 30 
Principle of 'force majeure', meaning greater force, will be taken into account.