Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, HOODLUM65 said:

Sevco sign Colombian youth international and Irish bloke McCann for their B team.

So much for them wanting their B team into the Senior leagues, to benefit the National team.

If the premise for allowing OF colt teams to play in lowere leagues is to benefit the national team then they should only be allowed to field Scottish players.

Just another example of Sevco trying to buy success.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

If the premise for allowing OF colt teams to play in lowere leagues is to benefit the national team then they should only be allowed to field Scottish players.

Just another example of Sevco trying to buy success.

Maybe just playing devil's advocate here but - if they were restricted to fielding Scottish players, wouldn't that just result in them dragging all the best Scottish talent down to non-league level to play every week? Whatever they do and whoever they sign, I really struggle to see any connection between them and the improvement of the Scottish national team.

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe just playing devil's advocate here but - if they were restricted to fielding Scottish players, wouldn't that just result in them dragging all the best Scottish talent down to non-league level to play every week? Whatever they do and whoever they sign, I really struggle to see any connection between them and the improvement of the Scottish national team.

No struggle needed.

There would be no improvement to the National team, ( in their application to the SPFL to have their B/Colts admitted to the lower leagues, they claimed it would benefit the National side) by fielding the foreign players they have/are signed/signing.

Also,  to appease them, looks like they will get their way, by asking for the numbers of Subs to be increased.

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

No struggle needed.

There would be no improvement to the National team, ( in their application to the SPFL to have their B/Colts admitted to the lower leagues, they claimed it would benefit the National side) by fielding the foreign players they have/are signed/signing.

Also,  to appease them, looks like they will get their way, by asking for the numbers of Subs to be increased.

Well yes, but the point I was trying to make was that regardless of whether their players are foreign or Scottish, I see no benefit to the national team. I just don't see any connection between fielding players at non-league level and the improvement of the Scotland national team. It's just a complete fabrication on the part of the Old Firm in order to get their own way.

Through in weegieland (actually East Kilbride)at my sister in laws for a wee visit and watched this on Rangers* TV they actually looked pretty decent for the first 30 minutes but absolutely useless 2nd half. Gordon Smith is a t*** by the way just glad he’s not still at the SFA he talks a lot of nonsense.

Appears that Sevco, under stewardship of Mr. Park's of Hamilton, are RECEIVING Cinch Sponsorship money, yet are refusing to wear sponsorship logo on their kits or advertising boards, in accordance with Cinch's negotiated contract with the SPFL.

Taking money under false pretences?

On 8/20/2021 at 7:14 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

I note that the BBC are showing the Alashkert v Sevco game on Thursday.

A jolly for some pundits.

That's why I have to pay a tv licence. 

Gutted.

They probably won't have anyone out there - they'll just cover it from the studio in Glasgow. Don't think they sent anyone out to Turkey for our Galatasaray game.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:38 PM, Indicator said:

There will only be one winner in this and we all know who it will be. They are the culture, their arrogance is second to none, they run Scotland and Scottish football. They only abide to rules that suit themselves and, are ably supported by a compliant media.

Nobody can, nor will, do anything about it.

Time to move on.

I see they're not giving the SFA a chance to arbitrate then. Straight to the courts.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19532523.rangers-chairman-alters-scottish-fa-arbitration-case-court-win/

10 hours ago, Indicator said:

I see they're not giving the SFA a chance to arbitrate then. Straight to the courts.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19532523.rangers-chairman-alters-scottish-fa-arbitration-case-court-win/

Cannot see how the reference to "all interested parties" can include Parks Motor Group as they are not members of the Association or the SPFL. If they are saying that all interested parties includes Parks then it must also include Cinche and every other league club in Scotland.

The fact that Parks have such an issue with cinche advertising with them would suggest that they are not very comfortable in their own brand. Turnover wise i think Parks are slightly bigger but dealer in higher range cars so again cant see why they have such a massive problem. 

As has been pointed out before Betting company were previously on the strip and we had the ladbrokes league and william hill scottish cup and neither were an issue. Also not seen anything as to how much the sponsorship is worth to Rangers form Parks. They have made an issue about the fact cinche deal with the SPFL is lower than the deal Cinche have with Spurs for sleeve sponsorship which is about £10m a year.  What happens if a team plays at ibrox with a car company on their strip does Rangers TV block it out?

Yes, it's a strange one ms.

Bearing in mind that it is only 'interim interdict', giving Parks the opportunity to state its case, it may not stand the test of time should the football authorities (no laughing at the back) launch a competant appeal.

Unless of course they are quite happy to defer to the Ibrox club, again. (LNS!)

15 hours ago, mainstand said:

As has been pointed out before Betting company were previously on the strip and we had the ladbrokes league and william hill scottish cup and neither were an issue. Also not seen anything as to how much the sponsorship is worth to Rangers form Parks. They have made an issue about the fact cinche deal with the SPFL is lower than the deal Cinche have with Spurs for sleeve sponsorship which is about £10m a year.  What happens if a team plays at ibrox with a car company on their strip does Rangers TV block it out?

Don't seem to remember Rangers ever complaining about playing in the Tennants Scottish Cup or Skol Cup back in the days when they were sponsored by McEwan's Lager.

19 hours ago, Sheldo said:

Don't seem to remember Rangers ever complaining about playing in the Tennants Scottish Cup or Skol Cup back in the days when they were sponsored by McEwan's Lager.

Yeah,but they didn't have the head of McEwans on the board.

I do hope the Sevco players with Covid recover without any ill effects but it is amusing to read the Bears' Den reaction.  It does not know whether to laugh or cry!

As an aside it is interesting to note the different approach to censorship between the Den and WAP.  There sweary words and bigotry are obligatory, here I have to refer to the manager of Arbroath as Richard Campbell to avoid my post being redacted.  I hasten to add I approve the WAP approach 100%.

PS Want a bet McRorie makes the next Scotland squad?

Edited by south inch