Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Sad sad bastards.

And I thought it was bad when Jim Traynor was there.

Its about time SFA got s grip of them. BBC banned . Ignoring cinch deal & lots more.

Surely it is part of the game that they allow access & SFA SPFL have just ignored it & BBC have not pushed it.

They are THE people it would seem.

19 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Sevco deny Sutton & Lennon (part of the B.T. team covering the game) access to Ayebroke on "security grounds".

Apparently the original statement from Ayebroke read.  " Two former Celtic players were listed as part of the BT commentary team.  We believed that if admitted they would have tried to make our team look foolish.  Since our players are more than capable of looking foolish without external assistance admission to the ground was refused."

• 3 weeks later...

It is said that only two things in life are certain, death and taxes.  In fact there is a third, if Sevco are in difficulty the referee will award them a soft penalty or send an opposition player off.  (Not in European games of course.)

My cynical mind wonders if last weeks ridiculous penalty given against us was recognition in advance by the refereeing brotherhood that Hibs were going to have to suck it up this week.

• 5 weeks later...

Some of their Directors have very deep pockets, and there’s been endless share issues. As long as folk keep guaranteeing they’ll cover the losses, the auditors can keep confirming the business is viable going forward.  Obviously, no bank will touch them. I doubt the lenders were very chuffed at the failure to make the CL. What has struck me is that they have repeatedly refused to cash in on some of their player assets, refusing to sell unless very high valuations are met. That will prove to be either very, very stupid, or that the lenders were right to  keep the faith,  with eventual high rewards. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Some of their Directors have very deep pockets, and there’s been endless share issues. As long as folk keep guaranteeing they’ll cover the losses, the auditors can keep confirming the business is viable going forward.  Obviously, no bank will touch them. I doubt the lenders were very chuffed at the failure to make the CL. What has struck me is that they have repeatedly refused to cash in on some of their player assets, refusing to sell unless very high valuations are met. That will prove to be either very, very stupid, or that the lenders were right to  keep the faith,  with eventual high rewards. Time will tell.

Gers are bankrupt and have been since they delisted from the AIM market at 27p a share!

The repackaging of their debt is impressive. But as Abernethy points out, just one CL qualification sets them up again.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:35 AM, Abernethy Saint said:

What has struck me is that they have repeatedly refused to cash in on some of their player assets, refusing to sell unless very high valuations are met.

They probably think they don't have to, as long as anyone/everyone, involved in running Scottish Football continue their efforts to keep them at the top of the league and therefore automatic entry into the CL.

Edited by Indicator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...