Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

eIn his first year at Ibrox, back when Rangers were around, in Europe he lost to Maribor and Malmo....two teams with a fraction of RFCs budget. His team, containing international options for every position were put out of the League cup by a Falkirk team who were essentially a scratch 11 and whose average age was 19. Then Dundee United put them out of the Scottish cup at Ibrox....without breaking sweat.

Lets look at last season, with a squad costing more than the bottom 3 leagues put together his team struggled weekly to defeat part time opposition.....then of course the League Cup, ICT pyssed all over them (1-4)at Ibrox, (ICT's entire budget would only pay MCCoist's salary for 6 months) before the now annual hammering from Dundee United (3-0 in an ill disciplined game where they finished with 9 men).

So far this season, Forfar have already put them out of the LC, they are paying so much in wages with an average gate of 38k they are still losing 1.1 million per month......enough evidence for you Athens?

Sure Athens wouldnae or couldnae argue with the actual facts you have presented here!

Unless he is a closet bluenose.

In his first year at Ibrox, back when Rangers were around, in Europe he lost to Maribor and Malmo....two teams with a fraction of RFCs budget. His team, containing international options for every position were put out of the League cup by a Falkirk team who were essentially a scratch 11 and whose average age was 19. Then Dundee United put them out of the Scottish cup at Ibrox....without breaking sweat.

Lets look at last season, with a squad costing more than the bottom 3 leagues put together his team struggled weekly to defeat part time opposition.....then of course the League Cup, ICT pyssed all over them (1-4)at Ibrox, (ICT's entire budget would only pay MCCoist's salary for 6 months) before the now annual hammering from Dundee United (3-0 in an ill disciplined game where they finished with 9 men).

So far this season, Forfar have already put them out of the LC, they are paying so much in wages with an average gate of 38k they are still losing 1.1 million per month......enough evidence for you Athens?

fair enoughon McCoist. If Celtic don't win the treble guess Lennon is a shite manage as well basis the above.

I see that should the Rangers get to the final of the Ramsden cup Raith want it to be played at a neutral venue. Quite right too. The Rangers still think they have the devine right to bully so called lesser teams, makes me sick.

This years final will not be played in Glasgow.

As we are now all one league organisation it could be played on any of the 42 venues

fair enoughon McCoist. If Celtic don't win the treble guess Lennon is a shite manage as well basis the above.

Some may say that, personally I think Lennon has more than proved himself with his teams performances in Europe against world class opposition, and the gap between Celtic and the rest of the Spl is not even comparable to the gap between Sevco and and the partimers of Annan Athletic, Berwick Rangers, Stirling Albion............

As the ugly sisters' fans continue to argue on various forums whether or not David King should be allowed to hold any form of executive position at Ibrox one thing stands out for me.  Whether the tax saga in South Africa proves he is a criminal or not is clearly a partisan matter and neither side will give in, but it sure as hell proves he is not a man who is easily parted from his money!  So where does the idea that he will  be prepared to spend millions upon millions on Rangers come from ?

As the ugly sisters' fans continue to argue on various forums whether or not David King should be allowed to hold any form of executive position at Ibrox one thing stands out for me.  Whether the tax saga in South Africa proves he is a criminal or not is clearly a partisan matter and neither side will give in, but it sure as hell proves he is not a man who is easily parted from his money!  So where does the idea that he will  be prepared to spend millions upon millions on Rangers come from ?

thought he already had thrown away 12 million pounds to them before Sevco ?

Agreed. Just to clarify though, the tax case in SA is settled and sorted. He was found guilty on dozens of counts, and branded a liar in no uncertain terms by the judge. He had a choice between years in jail or a £45 MILLION fine. Unlike you or me, he had the readies to pay up. King is a convicted criminal, convicted of the largest ever tax fraud in a relatively major economy. King is a criminal, as is the Easdale guy, VAT fraud in his case. These are matters of undisputed public record, and you are OK to repeat them as often as you feel like. I feel like it quite a lot.

I think the SFA bloke on the radio was trying to say that anyone can look at the relevant SFA rules, which speak for themselves, and they do seem to clearly indicate he is not a fit person to be a director under football rules (stock exchange rules are different) but that there could be mitigating circumstances, and anyway he couldn't make a ruling as no approach had yet been made, and it wasn't up to him anyway. At this stage, that's fair enough.

I just cannot see the SFA surviving a sudden discovery of "mitigating circumstances" that would let him in.

Either he'll push the Director thing, because he really wants to run the club and sort it out. Or he'll do a Desmond Douglas, and chuck in loads of money but not really interfere. Or he could just be one of the last vultures, arriving just in time to strip the last nuggets of succulent lamb from the stinking carcass that is Rangers FC. Make your own mid up - I have.

Yes, he elected to stump up the £45M to avoid going to prison.

As you correctly state, he was found guilty.

This will be very interesting to see whether or not the Football authorities find him a " fit and proper person" to run a Scottish club.

Wonder what the reaction will be if he is deemed to be "fit and proper"

Depends on their definition of the words "fit" and "proper"

"Fit" = attends Bannatyne's  at least once a week.

"Proper" = is a proper Charlie. :wink:

Agreed, but again to clarify. It's not the SFA's job to deem footy directors to be fit and proper. And that's fine - how could they hire enough people at high enough wages to vet master asset-strippers like Whyte and Green, or eejits like Murray, and the hundreds of other Directors? I worked in corporate governance, and take my word for it, that is completely unrealistic. It cannot and will not happen.

How it works, apparently, is that you send the SFA a form saying "we've signed-up John Smith as a Director", and you tick a box saying you're dead sure he's a feckin good guy. In other words, it's up to the clubs. The SFA normally accept this at face value - how could they do otherwise? If it then goes pear-shaped, the SFA then investigate (a bit, if it matters that much) retrospectively, and slap some wrists. That's what happened with Whyte - but of course, the huge fine remains unpaid, because Whyte is out of footy (allegedly) and there is no way of enforcing it.

I don't think the SFA have a clue what they could or might do if King goes for a Directorship. Do they accept Rangers' word that he is OK, saying "on your head be it"? Regan seemed to be hinting Rangers' SFA license could be at risk if they are seriously naughty. Or do they dispute the issue - what happens then if King instigates hugely expensive legal proceedings?

I think the SFA strategy is to hope and pray Rangers, or the stock exchange, or Superman or someone will tell him to feck off. Because I don't think they have any viable strategy in the event no one else does.

The simple fact is that the semi-pro leadership of a minor international football governing body is just no match for multi-millionaire bandits who could have the clothes off your back before you knew they were I the room. And on this occasion, I actually sympathise. 

What would happen if the Stock Exchange were to say that King could become a Director or Chairman?  Does the SFA have the authority to over rule this? Or does it fall into the grey area between footballing authorities and national organisations?

Also could be become a Director of the holding company while not actually being a director of the club itself?

King has to satisfy football and stock exchange rules. Neither has anything to do with the other. There is no relationship. I'd say, if stock exchange says no, that's it. If the exchange says yes, SFA says then no, because they have so little power, well then it's blah blah papers forums etc etc.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL.

I don't want to join the debate about whether or not David King should be allowed near The Rangers mainly because I am scared someone might think I have a soft spot for them.  I do actually, its called the Mariana Trench.

I remain of the view that if he did get a position of influence his purpose would be to further the interests of David King first (and second and third).  I am also convinced he will only accept an influential position once he he is sure he will get his hands on the hale jing bang, especially the land around Ibrox and Murray Park.  If Chuckles or someone else has already tied those assets up I think his interest will cool rapidly.

But lets say he does get his feet under the Ibrox table, what is he going to do?  Rangers have a reasonable team at present, if poorly and expensively managed, but the club is running out of money fast.  Where will he get more money from?

His own resources?  - Not unless he is given unrestricted rights to Murray Park, Ibrox, the car park and anything else worth selling.

A bank?  - Please!

A further share issue?  -  Possibly, but where will he find enough gullible mugs who are not aware of the situation at Ibrox unless he cuts them into the first option above.

So lets see him try.  Rangers as a football club could easily be saved provided their supporters could content themselves with being a mid table outfit for 5 to 10 years but that of course is not an option. 

Are Sevco taking the piss.They seemed to have a date on the red band on the back of their strips & it wasn`t 2011.

They also had 5 stars over their badge. Was there not an issue with that ?.

Awh leave them alone! Colleague of mine is getting all excited because they beat Stenhousemuir last night! How the mighty have fallen!? Wonder what they will call themselves next! No matter how many stars they have they are Rangers no more! Hahaha

Awh leave them alone! Colleague of mine is getting all excited because they beat Stenhousemuir last night! How the mighty have fallen!? Wonder what they will call themselves next! No matter how many stars they have they are Rangers no more! Hahaha

Shouldn't gloat but I love it. Will they see the final in April.

Awh leave them alone! Colleague of mine is getting all excited because they beat Stenhousemuir last night! How the mighty have fallen!? Wonder what they will call themselves onext! No matter how many stars they have they are Rangers no more! Hahaha

5 stars or not they are a bunch of cheating, tax dodging ba***rds. They still think they've been hard done by. I get the impression they haven't learnt their lesson and will be staring into the abbyss once again. They should get 5 leeches on their shirts for the vultures are circling over ibrokes once again to pick at the last few scraps. Lets see if they are the people when the shit hits the fan once more.

Now greeting that the final will be at Easter Road. They are F****n lucky as are usually at a first or lower division all seated ground! Still getting pandered to and still greeting.

Also glad its not at Tynecastle as no way should any team in admin get any money through getting their Ground used. For once well done the SFA? or SFAPL whatever they are now.