Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it looks like the the are getting promoted , bread man down at spurs using his contacts to get even more players on loan, one way off saving money you dont have, How many loan players are a club allowed to have at any one time ??

I dont think their existing loanees are doing too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to be being reported on BBC Scotland sports page.

Peculiar.

Not sure if this last sentence has anything to do with it?

"Rangers last night declined to comment, but it’s understood they are furious over alleged breaches of confidentiality on the news they have lost."

Was it supposed to be reported at all?

Sloppy sensationalist journalism designed to sell news sheets.

They have simply lost their appeal regarding the 250k payable to SPFL which was imposed by LNS. There is also the question of an additional 160k plus interest due to them appealing the original decision.

The appeal by BDO regarding the question of EBTs to the High court has still to be heard.

Myself - If I was on the Saints board, and if rumours about staged payments regarding the MOH transfer are true, I would be beginning to be a wee bit worried whether they are likely in the near future to have the funds to meet the payments. Bearing in mind all the litigation pending and the requirement for a 'warchest' for new players next season.

In answer to a previous question - yes they are a new club if only due to the fact that the 1872 version is still undergoing liquidation. If there are two clubs in existence it stands to reason that one of them must be a new club. (despite what the head of the SPFL and member clubs would have you believe)

Edited by Indicator

• 2 weeks later...

Sad Sad day, he BBC doing a piece on it on the 10 oclock news, interview with Archie McPherson no doubt where his loyalties lie.

Yeah, I've kind of lost a bit of my liking for Archie in the last few years. He like others just seem to want to restore a no longer existent old order. 

That report was cringeworthy. At pains to say they are 'back'. 

I have no issue with Rangers getting promoted. They've won their leagues coming up, so deserve to be there. Don't necessarily like how they've gone about it mind you.

What I do have a massive issue with is the blind eyes turned to some bigoted behaviours (their fans not alone in that) and the notion that the top flight needs them. No, clearly it doesn't. One club misses them, some chairmen miss the money, but 99% of fans of non Celtic clubs do not.

If they had/have done everything they can to eradicate that side of things and are willing to positively contribute to Scottish football, then fine, but if they still want to claim they are the same club, bring all their baggage and generally be the same as Old Rangers, then they can fvck right off.

The old dying media will hype up the Old Firm angle, but to be honest, it's just not there anymore. The cup semi last year showed to me that even trying to reignite that is a non starter, it's dead and will never be what they want it to be.

Edited by TheYellowBox

Sad Sad day, he BBC doing a piece on it on the 10 oclock news, interview with Archie McPherson no doubt where his loyalties lie.

Yeah,just like most media & football authorities.

Now they are back where thre belong Scottish football is ssved.:confused:

C'mon now folks,look at the positive,yet again we get the pleasure of watching a team totally disintergrate before our very eyes. A team only a few years of age will go all out trying to emulate some other mob who's name was remarkably similar to theirs. Because of this coincidence of names the newest breed will feel the need to beg borrow and steal their way to reach the dizzy heights of their new found league. Whether itll be pure ignorance or arrogance (or both) there can surely only be one eventual outcome for the newly crowned championship winners, that'll be when the taxman/admin come a knocking. Yet again we can sit back with our big bag of popcorn and watch the seethe unfold 

If they had/have done everything they can to eradicate that side of things and are willing to positively contribute to Scottish football, then fine, but if they still want to claim they are the same club, bring all their baggage and generally be the same as Old Rangers, then they can fvck right off.

I actually think that their sneering, their bigotry, their sense of entitlement and the mis-placed chip on their shoulder is going to make them 10 times worse than Dead/Old Rangers (not something I would ever have thought was even possible).

Such a shame that the great top flight that has gradually been growing and developing over the last four years is about to be ruined in the blink of an eye. So glad we made the most of armageddon though - it's been the best four years we've ever had.

I just hope everyone continues to remember: they're not Rangers.

Edited by blueheaven